New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    cocates wrote: »
    We bought the homestyle cauliflower (they didn't have the ranch or chipotle).

My daughter said it tasted like salt water. It did. :disappointed::confused:yaq2b83vda1h.jpg
    And I love cauliflower!

Definitely didn't like the Ranch mashed cauliflower.

This though is amazing!

30123669670_0533b61a69_z.jpg?resize=550%2C568&ssl=1

The Italian Cheese flavor is also good!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I like the packaging on the Ona bars.

25383618179_3f06564d84_z.jpg?resize=550%2C613&ssl=1
    This is something I'll buy as soon as I see it.

31017814425_337b4c4dba_z.jpg?resize=550%2C613&ssl=1
    I really want to try this, but having to turn on the oven ever time I want to heat 400 calories worth kills the chances of me buying them.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options

My daughter said it tasted like salt water. It did. :disappointed::confused:yaq2b83vda1h.jpg
    And I love cauliflower!

I thought I was the only one who thought they were super watery and bland. I'm scared to try Green Giant's mashed cauliflower after my experience with Hanover.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »

I really want to try this, but having to turn on the oven ever time I want to heat 400 calories worth kills the chances of me buying them.

I tried both the original and the chocolate deep fried twinkies and enjoyed both, but honestly after having them baked in the oven and straight out of the freezer I honestly think they're better enjoyed frozen anyways x) I'm definitely keeping an eye out for these although it would have been nice for Hostess to do something a little more seasonal than this. A gingerbread or eggnog one would have been incredible!
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options

25383618179_3f06564d84_z.jpg?resize=550%2C613&ssl=1
    This is something I'll buy as soon as I see it.

Agreed
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    @CooCooPuff I saw that Clif bar flavor (Mexican hot chocolate) at Kroger last weekend. Not sure if you have a Kroger or where you are....I'm in Michigan, US.
  • amy_kee
    amy_kee Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I don't seem to have access to almost all of the stores you all are buying things from. There are GNC stores here though, so, that's good.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    joans1976 wrote: »
    @CooCooPuff I saw that Clif bar flavor (Mexican hot chocolate) at Kroger last weekend. Not sure if you have a Kroger or where you are....I'm in Michigan, US.
    I live a few blocks from one, thanks!

• shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

thanks for the review! I agree 26 a box is absolutely ridiculous especially since they are half the calories of a regular quest bar.

That's crazy about the price. In October, when they were still in quest labs, the price was $10.99 a box, still $1.99 each, but you didn't have to pay for so many at once. It never occurred to me that they would change how many you got in a box and the price would go up once they left the labs. Boo! At least they kept the lowered per bar price.

hwcyk4axu1ll.png
  • cocates
    cocates Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    [quote Oh no, Hanover vegetables are normally sooo good!
    [/quote]

I've never heard of the brand. I would have been especially upset if I knew they had good food normally and this turned out to be a dud.

I make a twice-baked cauliflower. Triple the effort. Double the calories (it has cheese, cream cheese, and bacon) but worth it.

• cocates
    Options

And I love cauliflower!

Definitely didn't like the Ranch mashed cauliflower.

This though is amazing!

30123669670_0533b61a69_z.jpg?resize=550%2C568&ssl=1

The Italian Cheese flavor is also good!

I bought this and the cheesy one. I normally buy my riced cauliflower from Trader Joe's but they've been out of stock (stores can't even order it) for over a month! :disappointed:
  • cocates
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »

I tried both the original and the chocolate deep fried twinkies and enjoyed both, but honestly after having them baked in the oven and straight out of the freezer I honestly think they're better enjoyed frozen anyways x) I'm definitely keeping an eye out for these although it would have been nice for Hostess to do something a little more seasonal than this. A gingerbread or eggnog one would have been incredible!

I saw these a couple of months ago at Walmart. It was during our state-fair. I thought it was a homage to that, didn't even think about seasonal. I might have purchased them if it were pumpkin spice deep fried twinkies... :wink:
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    m93mb9ldnbw7.jpg

Whole Foods coupon via their app
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I saw these in Food Lion last night, walked by them, and then turned around...and caved. Have not tried them yet.17sq9yw2o6wt.jpg
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I saw these in Food Lion last night, walked by them, and then turned around...and caved. Have not tried them yet.17sq9yw2o6wt.jpg

Interesting. I don't like their regular Kandy Kakes, but I am a sucker for gingerbread.

I wish they'd done this with their Krimpets - I'd be almost guaranteed to like them since I like the butterscotch ones.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Yeah I love the butterscotch krimpets too. Don't even remember the last time I had one. I used to eat the Peanut Butter Kandy Kakes frequently, (many many years ago!) and I often look at them longingly in the grocery store. LOL. I couldn't resist these...hoping they are not TOO good!
  • lenac87
    lenac87 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I've found the Green Giant veggie tots in the frozen section of the grocery store. They have broccoli, cauliflower, and broccoli and cheese. So yummy! 6 tots for 130 calories and it helps me to get my veggies in :)

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Wegmans had most of the new flavors of Halo Top. I bought 5 and sampled them... I'm mixed. It still tastes pretty artificial to me, especially the sea salt caramel and cookies and creme. S'mores tasted a bit weird, I liked the nuts in the chocolate almond crunch, and the chocolate chip cookie dough seemed ok but there didn't seem to be much cookie dough (obviously it was just the top of the pint).

I'll have to get back to you on those when I eat more than a spoonful of each...