New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• PoundChaser2
    PoundChaser2 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    kkpal wrote: »
    What I noticed that most of the products discussed here are sweet. Makes me think of amount of sugary food in general keeps coming in the market. Anyone finding not so common veges or herbs that we can add to our diet?

I tried broccoli rabe like 2 years ago.
    It's the *kitten* child of broccoli and argula. And it was disgusting.
    I tried swiss chard from my CSA 2 summers ago, it was bitter and I didn't like.
    Kale belongs in a trash can.
    I couldn't bring myself to try the kohlrabi.
    I got a buttercup squash this past winter to try but forgot about it so I tossed it...

When I went to a Korean grocery store in MA, there were a bunch of fruits and veggies there that I hadn't seen. If it was closer, I'd go back for some of the fruits.

Lol
  • PoundChaser2
    Options
    MiltonAFC wrote: »
    Cookie dough oreos and carrot cake m&m's.

The M&ms are amazing. Cookie dough oreos are good but not better than the red velvet ones imo.

Carrot cake M&Ms ...wow
  • PoundChaser2
    Options
    Robbnva wrote: »
    You like it? I heard it didn't taste very good.

I made my own maple almond butter, that's pretty good

Please tell how you made your maple almond butter.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    CrabNebula wrote: »
    Runngurl43 wrote: »
    mom2kpr wrote: »
    Noosa yogurt. It's Australian I guess. Absolutely amazing! Need to go buy more.

Yummmy, my gosh the calories-fat is a killer.

I went to their site and saw the blackberry serrano and thought "OOH", but then looked at the NF and 300 cals for 8oz?? Um...yeah, I think will be making my own blackberry serrano for a bit cheaper than that. Thanks for the idea though, Noosa!

Yeah... the salted caramel is fantastic though. But it's a rare treat for me to spend 1650-190 calories on regular yogurt - the only ones I'd eat are the Noosa salted caramel (because it only comes in 4oz cups) and the Oh my Yog ones. Otherwise, you might as well have ice cream or pudding, lol.
  • briannenauka
    briannenauka Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    yourad0rk wrote: »
    I've been on a bit of a protein hype the past few weeks and was really looking around for some good bars and found Quest Bars, I bought the 'Cookies and Cream' and 'Double Chocolate Chunk'. They're horrible, they taste like artificial sweetener and salt, and I can never stomach more than half a bar in one sitting, I've found that they're more palatable when cold, although that means they're harsh on your teeth. But despite all that, they're really good for you, and not a bad (even if horrid tasting) filling snack for on the go.

I'm interested in trying the Quest Protein chips though, and have bought some BBQ flavoured ones which I'm still waiting on in the post. Fingers crossed they taste better than the bars, and also better than 'Protein Bites' by Novo which carry a very strange taste regardless of flavour.

I used to eat Quest Bars all the time and loved them. I recently started eating the Muscle Pharm Combat Crunch bars. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough has been my favorite flavor so far.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    75176ofyujue.jpg

I've been wanting to try these and just picked them up from the dollar tree today. Not sure what I was expecting, it was good as a quick cheap and sweet fix, but definitely not something I recommend. Tasted very processed and artificial, if you're spending 400 calories on something this shouldn't be it :p
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    whole foods today had halo top birthday cake... had it in my hand then put it back haha i wana try it but im afraid of it tasting artificial. Im pretty sensitive to that taste like puddings, yogurt ect ect.
    edit because i type to fast for my phone to catch up.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »
    whole foods today had halo top birthday cake... had it in my hand then put it back haha i wana try it but im afraid of it tasting artificial. Im pretty sensitive to that taste like puddings, yogurt ect ect.

*snaps her fingers and points*

Go pick up the damn halo top and try it.

(No, really, it's all creamy and yummy.)
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options

Definitely try halo top
  • fishshark
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

Definitely try halo top

ok ok haha on my way to whole foods now!
  • glassyo
    Options

Definitely try halo top

LOL and, as always, "God, I hope she likes it!!" :)
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options

Definitely try halo top

It's impossible not to like it, let's be honest x)
  • fishshark
    Options

Definitely try halo top

omg. its so much better then i envisioned. so good!!
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this is new, but this is the best birthday cake tasting anything. And it's ice cream! It's like eating cake icing with pieces of cake. If you always have to have the corner of the birthday cake with a flower, this is for you. Where was this my whole life. I shared with with my coworkers so I won't eat it all.

in1t0qu3g644.jpeg

• glassyo
    Options

Definitely try halo top

omg. its so much better then i envisioned. so good!!

Hell yeah!!!

And, OMG, that Blue Bunny ice cream looks and sounds perfect and I *don't* wanna know the sugar alcohols in that stuff.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this is new, but this is the best birthday cake tasting anything. And it's ice cream! It's like eating cake icing with pieces of cake. If you always have to have the corner of the birthday cake with a flower, this is for you. Where was this my whole life. I shared with with my coworkers so I won't eat it all.

in1t0qu3g644.jpeg

I got this for my 7 year old and tried it this week. The cake is surprisingly fluffy and fresh tasting. Other ice creams have cake bits that taste much more stale and hard. I was really surprised, but then, Blue Bunny has done a great job rebranding themselves. All of their flavors I've tried recently have been over the top good.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options

in1t0qu3g644.jpeg

The chocolate brownie fudge swirl one is divine too. I had to stop buying it b/c I kept wanting to go back for seconds. Now I'm fighting a cookie dough addiction, lol. Once I run out of cookie dough, I may go back to the blue bunny ice cream.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

in1t0qu3g644.jpeg

I saw that one. Been avoiding it because I LOVE birthday cake ice cream... but I've been sucking at moderation lately so I'm trying to avoid getting high calorie stuff in the house...
  • glassyo
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

in1t0qu3g644.jpeg

I saw that one. Been avoiding it because I LOVE birthday cake ice cream... but I've been sucking at moderation lately so I'm trying to avoid getting high calorie stuff in the house...

Hah, yeah. I looked up the calories on the Blue Bunny and thought it was one of their sugar free ice creams (actually I thought they only had sugar free) but saw it was...like...real. :)
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Runngurl43 wrote: »
    Yoplait whips...if you freeze them and then let them sit out for 10 mins its like eating ice cream.

Thanks for reminding me of that! I did that to a few of the Whips when they first came out & really liked it.