New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    So I kind of want to vent real quick... I picked up Evol Food's new Butternut Squash Lasagna frozen entree from Target, and while I don't expect prepared meals like this to be the best for you, I find it so misleading they would use the terms "real food with simple, easy to recognize ingredients" to appear healthy while containing trans fats. Shame on them, right? Am I the only one here who gets frustrated by these claims?! They're misleading!

yu4ok4r0ztf2.jpg

Eh I don't know, the ingredients look pretty good to me honestly.
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    So I kind of want to vent real quick... I picked up Evol Food's new Butternut Squash Lasagna frozen entree from Target, and while I don't expect prepared meals like this to be the best for you, I find it so misleading they would use the terms "real food with simple, easy to recognize ingredients" to appear healthy while containing trans fats. Shame on them, right? Am I the only one here who gets frustrated by these claims?! They're misleading!

yu4ok4r0ztf2.jpg

Is it the 0.5 grams you're concerned about, or is there something else? 'Cause, I see no preservatives, nothing I can't pronounce--I'd totally eat that.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I'm probably super late to this, but I was looking through Kroger coupons and noticed they have their own cookie butter spread. HEBs was pretty good.
  • Francl27
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    I'm probably super late to this, but I was looking through Kroger coupons and noticed they have their own cookie butter spread. HEBs was pretty good.

I wish we had HEB here because they seem to make really tasty stuff.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    oocdc2 wrote: »

yu4ok4r0ztf2.jpg

Is it the 0.5 grams you're concerned about, or is there something else? 'Cause, I see no preservatives, nothing I can't pronounce--I'd totally eat that.

Yeah that's pretty much all it was lol I was confused because I didn't see any partially hydrogenated oils on the ingredients list but the trans fat was 0.5g and I remember always hearing how terrible it was for you. Didn't know it was in dairy products though, huh!
  • supersocks117
    supersocks117 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I tried the Lemon Thin Oreos and wasn't super impressed - but I'm not the most into Oreos in the first place. I did really like the Mint Thin Oreos, though.
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    oocdc2 wrote: »

yu4ok4r0ztf2.jpg

Yeah that's pretty much all it was lol I was confused because I didn't see any partially hydrogenated oils on the ingredients list but the trans fat was 0.5g and I remember always hearing how terrible it was for you. Didn't know it was in dairy products though, huh!
    I picked up some raw turkey on clearance and was surprised to see some trans fat on it.

• kirstenb13
    kirstenb13 Posts: 181 Member
    Options

Interestingly it even looks like these natural trans fats *might* have some health benefits compared to the ones from hydrogenated plant oils (according to wikipedia). I think this company actually deserves some credit that they label something like this, I feel like most products make their serving size so small that you only see 0 g trans fats on everything now which is also BS.
    The ingredients actually look really good to me, how did it taste?

• sbl1881
    sbl1881 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Just found this stuff over the weekend. Ate one when I got home and immediately went back and bought more. The macros are great and I love that it's all ingredients I can pronounce! So far, I've had vanilla and espresso. Chocolate will be tonight. I left the ginger flavor at the store. They sell for $2.89/each here in Michigan, but were on sale when I bought them. vurkjeruj84o.jpg
    dj5849483peb.jpg
  • hgycta
    Options
    kirstenb13 wrote: »

Interestingly it even looks like these natural trans fats *might* have some health benefits compared to the ones from hydrogenated plant oils (according to wikipedia). I think this company actually deserves some credit that they label something like this, I feel like most products make their serving size so small that you only see 0 g trans fats on everything now which is also BS.
    The ingredients actually look really good to me, how did it taste?

It tasted delicious! Definitely can't complain about presentation or taste, and thank goodness I feel better now about the trans fats, thanks everyone!!
  • hgycta
    edited July 2016
    Options
    sbl1881 wrote: »
    Just found this stuff over the weekend. Ate one when I got home and immediately went back and bought more. The macros are great and I love that it's all ingredients I can pronounce! So far, I've had vanilla and espresso. Chocolate will be tonight. I left the ginger flavor at the store. They sell for $2.89/each here in Michigan, but were on sale when I bought them. vurkjeruj84o.jpg
    dj5849483peb.jpg

I've been buying these at Wegman's for several months now, I'm addicted but they're so much more money when you consider the price ratio to serving size ($2.49 where I get them so luckily cheaper but that's still $9.96 per pint worth). I've had the espresso, which I like the least-but still tastes amazing, and the vanilla and chocolate are definitely tied for my favorite (maybe the vanilla is a little better but I'm not normally a huge chocoholic so perhaps I'm biased). Haven't tried the ginger so if you get it let me know what you think, but normally I can't stand anything ginger flavored! Love how thick and creamy it is, and the nutritional info is so good I'm glad more people are finding out about them, I'd love them to come out with even more flavors!
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options

yu4ok4r0ztf2.jpg

The canola oil is a likely source.
  • Francl27
    Options
    sbl1881 wrote: »
    dj5849483peb.jpg

I've seen them at Wegmans but the price tag is scaring me a little bit.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Alright, can't find a picture and too lazy to take one, but I got the new Yoplait Greek whips 2%. They're 20 more calories than the other ones and IMO more filling. I'm a fan.
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    besee_2000 wrote: »
    Halo Top for $3.99 in Wisconsin Woot Woot! Tempted to do a Halo Top 10 day "Cleanse" #notreallybutreally

Where were you able to find it?

If you have a Festival Foods, each one is supplying at their own rate. I have 4 within 10 miles. One has been supplying more and gradually added all the flavors, too.
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    I just finished a bowl of Tiny Toast strawberry cereal and really enjoyed it. I was going to get something else, but I think my next box of cereal will be the blueberry flavor.

If you're interested, Kroger has a dollar off digital coupon. Ibotta also has a fifty cent rebate that expires on the tenth. Regular price is 3.45 according to the HEB app.
  • hgycta
    Options
    Alright, can't find a picture and too lazy to take one, but I got the new Yoplait Greek whips 2%. They're 20 more calories than the other ones and IMO more filling. I'm a fan.

I haven't even heard of these, what flavor did you try? I'll definitely have to check them out!
  • Francl27
    Options

I haven't even heard of these, what flavor did you try? I'll definitely have to check them out!

Strawberries and cream and vanilla creme... there was another one but I don't remember. The package is red.