New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    geuay327mpq6.jpg

I was originally really nervous about splurging on one of these cinnamon smart cakes in my recent netrition.com order but I decided to risk becoming obsessed.
    it doesn't come close to the simply scrumptous cinnamon coffee cake! I mean, it's not bad it's pretty sweet and I enjoyed it, but it was very dry cake and the cinnamon made it only more dry in my mouth. I microwaved one and didn't really notice a difference. Definitely not getting more, but I also ordered a coconut and chocolate flavor >~> loved the cute cups they were in!

I still have the chocolate one in my freezer. How long did you mic for? I did like 15 seconds. I thought was really good I mean didn't have high expectations for 38 calorie cake haha. I found the coconut ones were much better cold than heated.

I only did 10 seconds and it was perfect, but I have a really powerful microwave so usually I never have to leave things in there long! I guess you're right though, for 38 calories I can't complain although I just find it so hard to believe they're actually that low and have zero carbs like the label claims! I really wish more labels were enforced so when companies say stuff like that I believed them more :p
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    angelxsss wrote: »
    omg guys I'm so excited. I found a store near me that has all the HT flavors! I got Sea Salt Caramel for tonight! I don't remember if anyone's reviewed that one, so if y'all want me to, just let me know :)

Keep us posted. My pint had a very artificial aftertaste sadly.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    cocates wrote: »
    I tried all 3 last night.

The quinoa blend was flavorful. Nice balance with tomatoes + feta. 170 cals/serving (2 servings in pic). Not worth the cals IMO.

The brussels were charred. Good flavor for the most part but kind of tasted like they had been cooked with natural gas (hard to explain). 30 cals/serving (3.5 srvngs in pic).

The roasted carrots were yummy (I was on the only one that thought so in our house). They were firm. Not soggy or watery or mushy. Add a little sauce for flavor (since they do not come with sauce) and you have a perfect side! 30 cals / serving (3.5 srngs in pic).

All in all. Thumbs up!ym42gqrl10gc.jpg

I know what you mean by that charred flavor in the sprouts. I tried the cauliflower and it was the same way.

When I was a kid, the toaster broke once, and we toasted bread by holding it over the gas stove burners one day.

The cauliflower reminded me of that. It tasted like they charred it with a propane torch or something. I sort of liked it, but it wasn't the roasted caramelized flavor that I wanted.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    omg guys I'm so excited. I found a store near me that has all the HT flavors! I got Sea Salt Caramel for tonight! I don't remember if anyone's reviewed that one, so if y'all want me to, just let me know :)

I thought that flavor was lethal. In a really good way.
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    OMG! just reading this threat makes me hungry!!
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    MiamiSeoul wrote: »
    Look what I got today . . .

tedhl1d6bunr.jpg

esvd8z7l00di.jpg

Sharing the code for those of you who like them. I have no idea if this is a good deal.

Just had the Red Velvet Cupcake flavor & NO CONTEST, B Up is much better than the regular Quest bars! They both have a tootsie roll consistency, but Yup does it much better (IMHO). I would buy these again, especially because the numbers are amazing. I would not buy a regular Quest bar (although I do like their cereal bars).

TTFN

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options

tedhl1d6bunr.jpg

esvd8z7l00di.jpg

Sharing the code for those of you who like them. I have no idea if this is a good deal.

Just had the Red Velvet Cupcake flavor & NO CONTEST, B Up is much better than the regular Quest bars! They both have a tootsie roll consistency, but Yup does it much better (IMHO). I would buy these again, especially because the numbers are amazing. I would not buy a regular Quest bar (although I do like their cereal bars).

TTFN

I'm not big on red velvet but I'll give this one a shot. I'm actually surprised they're sending me the free samples since I realized, after sending in the form, that it was for new customers only and I'd ordered bars from them before.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

tedhl1d6bunr.jpg

esvd8z7l00di.jpg

TTFN

I'm not big on red velvet but I'll give this one a shot. I'm actually surprised they're sending me the free samples since I realized, after sending in the form, that it was for new customers only and I'd ordered bars from them before.

I have gotten the samples every time they have them LOL they keep sending
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    besee_2000 wrote: »
    fyd30yexz1qi.jpg
    cn7filqa04k4.jpg
    Not sure how well you can read it but got this in the mail yesterday from GNC. Mixed feelings about the new program.

I also received this, but it had $15 on the card o.o Were you a gold card member? Perhaps gold card members got an extra $5 if not, but otherwise perhaps the rates were random? I went today and a lot of the employees seemed confused about the new program, I signed up for the free one and it was like 3pm and the employee told me I was his first customer signing up (it's a GNC in the mall so I thought they'd be a lot busier)! I can't see myself paying close to $40 for the subscription based one, I don't go to GNC nearly enough since I spread out purchases among retailers depending who has the best price :p
    What is your top five food finds this year?

1. Ben & Jerry's Confetti Cake ice cream (limited batch to Wal-Mart)
    2. Kit Kat Red Velvet (might be exclusive just to Wal-Mart for Valentine's)
    3. Halo Top Birthday Cake (blows any of the Arctic Zero flavors out of the water & might have to splurge one day & order some of the others on Halo Top's website)
    4. Fruity Crisp Oreos
    5. Opti & OhYeah protein bars

Most interesting thing I ate this year:

That would probably be the Ramen burger from Red Robin that had the bun that was made out of ramen noodles.

Foods I wish will come back in 2017:

chipsahoyICC-rBeer-01.png

Blue Bunny's Holidoodle ice cream

Dunkaroos (a girl can dream right?)

Oreo cereal

Cotton Candy Oreos (only found one pack & then poof couldn't find anymore)

Oh you make me want to try those new Red Velvet Kit Kats, I really hope I can find them!!! As for the dunkaroos, I have three sitting in my room that's been there for quite some time. Really not as good as I remember and I bet if you had them you wouldn't eat them as often as you think you would, there's a lot of better products here in the US honestly :') If you really insist on getting them, I got mine off eBay! What I would LOVE to see come back are Oreo O's, those things cost a lot more on eBay than the Dunkaroos!

Do they make the Oreo cereal in other countries?

I wanted to buy a jar of the Pumpkin Spice Cookie Butter from Trader Joes until I saw how much they wanted on Amazon.
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    mmmmmmmmmmmm I loveddddd the salted caramel halo top! I didn't really pick up on the "salted" part, but that's no skin off my back. The caramel was a really good flavor and consistency. I feel like they're lying about the calorie count :p
  • glassyo
    Options
    mmmmmmmmmmmm I loveddddd the salted caramel halo top! I didn't really pick up on the "salted" part, but that's no skin off my back. The caramel was a really good flavor and consistency. I feel like they're lying about the calorie count :p

There's no salt taste? At all? Damn, now I have to try it.
  • glassyo
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

tedhl1d6bunr.jpg

esvd8z7l00di.jpg

TTFN

I have gotten the samples every time they have them LOL they keep sending

LOL that's great customer service. :)
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    fyd30yexz1qi.jpg
    cn7filqa04k4.jpg
    Not sure how well you can read it but got this in the mail yesterday from GNC. Mixed feelings about the new program.

I also received this, but it had $15 on the card o.o Were you a gold card member? Perhaps gold card members got an extra $5 if not, but otherwise perhaps the rates were random? I went today and a lot of the employees seemed confused about the new program, I signed up for the free one and it was like 3pm and the employee told me I was his first customer signing up (it's a GNC in the mall so I thought they'd be a lot busier)! I can't see myself paying close to $40 for the subscription based one, I don't go to GNC nearly enough since I spread out purchases among retailers depending who has the best price :p
    What is your top five food finds this year?

1. Ben & Jerry's Confetti Cake ice cream (limited batch to Wal-Mart)
    2. Kit Kat Red Velvet (might be exclusive just to Wal-Mart for Valentine's)
    3. Halo Top Birthday Cake (blows any of the Arctic Zero flavors out of the water & might have to splurge one day & order some of the others on Halo Top's website)
    4. Fruity Crisp Oreos
    5. Opti & OhYeah protein bars

Most interesting thing I ate this year:

That would probably be the Ramen burger from Red Robin that had the bun that was made out of ramen noodles.

Foods I wish will come back in 2017:

chipsahoyICC-rBeer-01.png

Blue Bunny's Holidoodle ice cream

Dunkaroos (a girl can dream right?)

Oreo cereal

Cotton Candy Oreos (only found one pack & then poof couldn't find anymore)

Oh you make me want to try those new Red Velvet Kit Kats, I really hope I can find them!!! As for the dunkaroos, I have three sitting in my room that's been there for quite some time. Really not as good as I remember and I bet if you had them you wouldn't eat them as often as you think you would, there's a lot of better products here in the US honestly :') If you really insist on getting them, I got mine off eBay! What I would LOVE to see come back are Oreo O's, those things cost a lot more on eBay than the Dunkaroos!

Do they make the Oreo cereal in other countries?

I wanted to buy a jar of the Pumpkin Spice Cookie Butter from Trader Joes until I saw how much they wanted on Amazon.

Yeah, Oreo O's are still made but only in South Korea so none of the writing is in English. Look it up on eBay it's there! :)

The pumpkin spice cookie butter is dangerous don't do it xD
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options

Sooooo glad I dont care for Hostess products....this thread is my un-doing!
  • theamazingcassiebunny
    Options
    @Noreenmarie1234 thanks for the heads up, I got my Bup bars today too!
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    fyd30yexz1qi.jpg
    cn7filqa04k4.jpg

I just signed up for this. I expect rainbows and gold-plated unicorns now... :smile: