New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    MiamiSeoul wrote: »
    Karb_Kween wrote: »
    Pumpkin Spice EVERYTHING!

127527320.jpg

Was excited to get my first Starbucks PSL of the season UNTIL . . . 650 calories for a Venti!!! No thanks, I'll eat those instead!

Yeah I've pretty much given up on the fancy coffee drinks :(

Honestly, McDonald's pumpkin spice latte > Starbuck's pumpkin spice latte by a long shot, although the calories aren't better at all. Just saying, if you splurge, splurge wisely. Also, if you MUST order it without whip that saves a ton of calories and it just melts anyways xD
    oocdc2 wrote: »
    For those who make the protein cakes with the Kodiak mixes: I substituted pumpkin puree for the unsweetened applesauce this morning. Tasted just as good, 5 less calories, 5g less sugar (which is a big deal for me). I think I'll be using pumpkin from now on...

You're a genius.

Also, I went to Safeway today for the first time in a while since the one close to my house had a roof collapse and hasn't been open in about a year, but I noticed these. Didn't get either (too cheap for Coolhaus and skeptical about the Guanawhateverthatfruitis). Has anyone tried either? I knew Coolhaus made ice cream sandwiches, never knew about the pints!

2t4mhsrrv7g2.jpg
    um5gpw6xxy77.jpg

I've had San Bernado and it was ok but definitely not mind blowing for the calories (I think it was the cannoli and biscotti flavors).
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    New bars being released by Hershey's come December, and they look really good!
    http://www.delish.com/food-news/a49518/hersheys-new-chocolate-bars-cookie-layer-crunch/
    ay5fwd7xnoa3.jpg

But more importantly, the new Halo Top flavors! Some lucky person got to try them!!!!
    http://www.popsugar.com/fitness/New-Halo-Top-Flavors-Taste-Test-42508246
    Honestly I'm glad the cherry tasted fake. I normally can't stand cherries so *hopefully* a fake cherry candy will be a positive thing despite the low rating since I like cherry jolly ranchers and laffy taffy xD Kind of disappointed most pints didn't fare too well, although I'm relieved the Red Velvet rated positively I'm sure it will be my favorite anyways!

I need those bars!
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    I don't know that this is new, but first time I tried it. I really wanted to like it. But not so much. Very watery, strong olive flavor, bUT not in a good way. Like they poured the juice from a jar in with it. Blegh.jnr1ih1gv4u8.jpg
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    29985640172_7291aee48f_z.jpg?resize=640%2C510&ssl=1

Anyone try this?
  • Francl27
    Options

Anyone try this?

I want to next time I go to the store.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options

Anyone try this?

I love Vitatops so at some point I probably will.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options

Anyone try this?

no but I will if i see them. I LOVE vitatops. I used to eat 2 a day for a long time (before the quest bar obsession) but they are so expensive lol.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    ga7w2ahn1cl8.jpg

This is what I ended up getting at Safeway today, it was on sale for $3.50 (maybe that's not a good sale who knows) but they also had a regular chocolate and lemon. I'd be interested to try the lemon and I did find this satisfying for 330 calories, although it did (as my dad puts it) have a "weird taste" neither of us liked; I think it could have been the coconut flour in the crust. Not something I'll get again anytime soon unless maybe $1.50 each, but it's worth trying it you like chocolate mint ganache, which is pretty much what the inside reminded me of! However, I very much respect the stated serving size being of 85 grams matching the actual weight of 84.7 grams! Love it when companies somehow get this close to complete accuracy!

Also, pumpkin spice oh yeah one bar review is up (ranked number 9), I'm kind of disappointed to be honest. Hoping for someone here to try it too so I have more to go off of, I've been spending way too much on food lately I need more justification before I go out! xD
    http://junkbanter.com/2016/01/14/review-ohyeah-one-bars-all-of-them/
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    ga7w2ahn1cl8.jpg

This is what I ended up getting at Safeway today, it was on sale for $3.50 (maybe that's not a good sale who knows) but they also had a regular chocolate and lemon. I'd be interested to try the lemon and I did find this satisfying for 330 calories, although it did (as my dad puts it) have a "weird taste" neither of us liked; I think it could have been the coconut flour in the crust. Not something I'll get again anytime soon unless maybe $1.50 each, but it's worth trying it you like chocolate mint ganache, which is pretty much what the inside reminded me of! However, I very much respect the stated serving size being of 85 grams matching the actual weight of 84.7 grams! Love it when companies somehow get this close to complete accuracy!

Also, pumpkin spice oh yeah one bar review is up (ranked number 9), I'm kind of disappointed to be honest. Hoping for someone here to try it too so I have more to go off of, I've been spending way too much on food lately I need more justification before I go out! xD

I love the Hail Merry tarts. They make minis that are 90 calories each, too. The almond butter-filled one is my favorite out of all of the big ones.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Just got a box full of the 10 new Halo Top flavors. You don't even know how excited I am rn.

How are people even getting access to it already!?! @joshperson195 , you knew about it first and had those pictures, are you secretly working for the company? Can I bribe you for a pint? I'll pay whatever the cost as long as I get to keep my house x'D

I think he is an ambassador or something ;)

That's impossible, I just contacted Halo Top and they said they don't have ambassadors, he HAS to be part of the company somehow o///o

I'll have to keep an eye out for those, thanks!!!
    ga7w2ahn1cl8.jpg

I love the Hail Merry tarts. They make minis that are 90 calories each, too. The almond butter-filled one is my favorite out of all of the big ones.

• shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    6w0in6ykzlpj.png

Quest's new line of Keto frozen meals. I dunno, $7.49 for a sausage egg and cheese biscuit? Seems a bit out there.

ETA: http://www.questketo.com/
  • shoeoptional
    shoeoptional Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Aldi breaks out their line of German food products for October every year. Schnitzels, pretzels, wine, sausages, etc. Oh well, maybe next year. I'm not missing anything.
  • Francl27
    Options
    shinycrazy wrote: »
    6w0in6ykzlpj.png

Quest's new line of Keto frozen meals. I dunno, $7.49 for a sausage egg and cheese biscuit? Seems a bit out there.

ETA: http://www.questketo.com/

Yeah that's just nuts!
    Aldi breaks out their line of German food products for October every year. Schnitzels, pretzels, wine, sausages, etc. Oh well, maybe next year. I'm not missing anything.

Ok maybe I should stop by Aldi, lol.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Tried the Nitro Crunch Birthday Cake bar & it tasted more like Birthday Cake than The Combat Crunch & Robert Irvine bars, but I prefer the latter since those bars have denser textures & more layers.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Just got a box full of the 10 new Halo Top flavors. You don't even know how excited I am rn.

How are people even getting access to it already!?! @joshperson195 , you knew about it first and had those pictures, are you secretly working for the company? Can I bribe you for a pint? I'll pay whatever the cost as long as I get to keep my house x'D

That's impossible, I just contacted Halo Top and they said they don't have ambassadors, he HAS to be part of the company somehow o///o

ga7w2ahn1cl8.jpg

Maybe Josh works for a major corporation that deals with different food brands. Hasn't he posted about numerous food products that are soon to be released?
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    amy_kee wrote: »
    GNC always carries Quest bars, buy 3, get 1 free. It's like a normal, everyday thing.

Have you tried GNC's advanced total lean bars? I tried each flavor and honestly like them even more than quest, especially the apple pie! The peanut butter banana reminds me of a banana Laffy taffy so is probably my least favorite but is still good and my mother is obsessed with it haha :x
    5c9wl26f9atw.jpg
    mp1rc8xgbz9m.jpg

Literally the worst use of my money, $15 for 4 donuts plus $9 shipping so about $6 per donut. I ordered the purple ube with toasted coconut because I love the taste of taro products and these were healthy protein donuts so I was weak and I'm never doing it again but the donut was sososososo satisfying. It's from The Dough Bar if anyone wants to check them out, they shipped across the country so perhaps they're slightly more reasonably if you live closer o:

HAHA wow only 150 cals per doughnut? I have never heard of them, how did you find out about them? I looked on their site and I want to try their krispy bars too. I wish they weren't so expensive.

150 per donut plus 29 per tub of icing for my flavor, not bad at all especially with 11 grams of protein! Facebook pulled up one of their posts about a giveaway (which I didn't win of course haha) as an advertisement based upon my history (I actually discover a lot of brand through Facebook surprisingly) but I've been following them and finally splurged! I don't think they're selling the Krispy bars yet, I think those are on kickstarter for the time being, they get a lot of orders and apparently go through inventory really quickly. They only ship out orders on Monday so I was pretty impatient once I found this out after placing an order on Tuesday haha o: follow their Facebook, you may eventually win a case who knows!

Stop yourself. I LOVE BANANA LAFFY TAFFY! *offtoGNC*
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options

Yay! GNC *then* Aldi.
  • Francl27
    Options

ga7w2ahn1cl8.jpg

Maybe Josh works for a major corporation that deals with different food brands. Hasn't he posted about numerous food products that are soon to be released?

I want that job.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    pGNC1-24633463dt.jpg
    Finally tried these. I LOVED THEM! They really had the birthday cake flavor which I dont think the rob irvine one really has. And I hate the lemony flavor other bars have. @kellyjellybellyjelly I agree it had a more bday cake flavor. I actually preferred these bars because I don't really like the "middle" of the combat crunch bars. I liked the texture of these bars even though one bar wasn't really as satisfying as other bars that are chewier/more layers.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited October 2016
    Options
    dailynews_large.jpg?10769040360650192152

I tried these in sea salt, ranch, and honey roasted so far....

Sea salt: 7/10 really really good! Kind of plain and just tasted like chick pea so I topped my salad with them and they were a really nice addition

Ranch: 9/10 MY FAVORITE!! Really nice ranch taste. I ate these one on their own they were so good. My hands got the "ranch hands" that you get when you eat cool ranch doritos and have to lick off your hands. LOL kinda weird to add this in, but they reminded me of back in the day.

Honey roasted: 7/10 Pretty good, but not my favorite of the bunch. They would probably be good in some type of trail mix. They had a really nice sweet honey taste. I think with the rest of them I will make a trail mix or maybe add as a topping to butternut or pumpkin soup :smile: they would be AMAZING on soup

The only thing I didn't like is that they are so dry so you can't eat many at a time without drinking. But this is also a plus because I was satisfied on the serving size and didn't really want to eat more. I would definitely buy these again. They would make amazing soup toppers.