New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    shinycrazy wrote: »
    Just had quest's beyond cereal chocolate bar. I'm torn. I think it's pretty good, more than the others (waffle & cinnamon) it tastes like a chocolate rice krispie treat which I can be on board with. But $15 a box of six? Eh.
    I really want to try there cereal bars but no way am I spending so much money on them. I will wait until they are in stores eventually. 15 a box of 6 is RIDICULOUS! (especially since they are only 100cal each)

I wouldn't either! That's a ridiculous price. I tried the Quest Blueberry Muffin bar & it was edible, but nothing I would go out of my way to buy again.

I spent the last money I had from my bonus on more GNC goodies haha.

There must be something wrong with the skew of the Lenny & Larry brownies because another location couldn't ring them up.

I bought around 4-5 of the Nitro Crunch Birthday Cake bar, one of the Fitjoy Pumpkin, & around 5 of the Robert Irvine Birthday Cake bar (the one for 380 calories).

@hgycta since you eat a lot of pancakes have you ever tried the Funfetti Gluten free pancakes by Hungry Jack?
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    Just had quest's beyond cereal chocolate bar. I'm torn. I think it's pretty good, more than the others (waffle & cinnamon) it tastes like a chocolate rice krispie treat which I can be on board with. But $15 a box of six? Eh.
    I really want to try there cereal bars but no way am I spending so much money on them. I will wait until they are in stores eventually. 15 a box of 6 is RIDICULOUS! (especially since they are only 100cal each)

Yes! The price is nuts for the amount of nutrition you get. They were a one off treat since I just got into "quest labs". I doubt I'll get them again.
  • shinycrazy
    edited October 2016
    Options
    ETA: MFP frizzed and posted a duplicate. Sorry about that!
  • shinycrazy
    Options

I bought around 4-5 of the Nitro Crunch Birthday Cake bar, one of the Fitjoy Pumpkin, & around 5 of the Robert Irvine Birthday Cake bar (the one for 380 calories).

Have you tried the fitjoy pumpkin? I want that to be awesome.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited October 2016
    Options

Have you tried the fitjoy pumpkin? I want that to be awesome.

Not yet. I haven't tried any of my Fitjoy bars yet. I hope the bars are good.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options

They aren't high in protein either and have added sugar.

12 grams of protein in 100 calories works for me. I bought a box of the waffle ones and the peanut butter and chocolate ones (because I couldn't get singles of either of those) and a couple of the cinnamon ones just to try.

But, yeah, I can't justify $15.00 for 6 bars.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

I wouldn't either! That's a ridiculous price. I tried the Quest Blueberry Muffin bar & it was edible, but nothing I would go out of my way to buy again.

There must be something wrong with the skew of the Lenny & Larry brownies because another location couldn't ring them up.

@hgycta since you eat a lot of pancakes have you ever tried the Funfetti Gluten free pancakes by Hungry Jack?

YES! I actually have some in my pantry right this second, I first bought it from Target maybe about a year or two ago (ripped off, actually, since I noticed Shoprite had a better deal on it), and kept getting it. It has a really nice, sweet flavor and the texture is actually really good in my opinion. I suppose it comes down to whether or not you like gluten free textured breads and such, but I do, so of course I wouldn't be disappointed! It's hard to describe the texture (it's not dry but it's also not as moist as a regular pancake, it's kind of gritty but in a good way). I definitely suggest trying it at some point. I'm not sure what your store has available but I've noticed some stores have started carrying individual serving packets of the mix, so maybe you'll be able to find one of those! But definitely a really good taste, just wish it were healthier!

I actually got the Robert Irvine Birthday Cake bar last week but haven't had the chance to try it yet (it's a lot of calories to fit into a snacking budget for me when I eat so much ice cream), so if you try it please report back!
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    a7w05t811zqy.jpg

jnjar8j48fw9.jpg

Target.
    Cute packaging.
    Good if you like pickled veggies!
    Inexpensive - I think they were $1.50 each.
  • jolive7
    jolive7 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

They aren't high in protein either and have added sugar.

12 grams of protein in 100 calories works for me. I bought a box of the waffle ones and the peanut butter and chocolate ones (because I couldn't get singles of either of those) and a couple of the cinnamon ones just to try.

But, yeah, I can't justify $15.00 for 6 bars.

Damnnnn Australia is so expensive... quest bars are $4.50 each :neutral:
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »

YES! I actually have some in my pantry right this second, I first bought it from Target maybe about a year or two ago (ripped off, actually, since I noticed Shoprite had a better deal on it), and kept getting it. It has a really nice, sweet flavor and the texture is actually really good in my opinion. I suppose it comes down to whether or not you like gluten free textured breads and such, but I do, so of course I wouldn't be disappointed! It's hard to describe the texture (it's not dry but it's also not as moist as a regular pancake, it's kind of gritty but in a good way). I definitely suggest trying it at some point. I'm not sure what your store has available but I've noticed some stores have started carrying individual serving packets of the mix, so maybe you'll be able to find one of those! But definitely a really good taste, just wish it were healthier!

I actually got the Robert Irvine Birthday Cake bar last week but haven't had the chance to try it yet (it's a lot of calories to fit into a snacking budget for me when I eat so much ice cream), so if you try it please report back!

The Robert Irvine bar tasted almost exactly like the Combat Crunch bar without as much lemon flavor. Or at least in my opinion it tasted similar.

Thanks for the info regarding the pancake mix. I bought one a long time ago that I'm donating to a pancake breakfast sale, & bought another one yesterday for me to eventually make waffles out of.
  • shinycrazy
    Options
    MiamiSeoul wrote: »
    a7w05t811zqy.jpg

jnjar8j48fw9.jpg

Target.
    Cute packaging.

That's cool! My dad loves pickled carrots. He dumps a bag of baby carrots in a Sam's size pickle jar after eating the pickles with a bunch of spicy peppers.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options

The Robert Irvine bar tasted almost exactly like the Combat Crunch bar without as much lemon flavor. Or at least in my opinion it tasted similar.

Thanks for the info regarding the pancake mix. I bought one a long time ago that I'm donating to a pancake breakfast sale, & bought another one yesterday for me to eventually make waffles out of.

I love combat crunch but hated that lemon flavor, I can't wait to try it now thanks!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    MiamiSeoul wrote: »
    a7w05t811zqy.jpg

jnjar8j48fw9.jpg

Target.
    Cute packaging.

I've had the Oh Snap! spicy pickles and they were delicious! I need to go to Target...
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    That's cool! My dad loves pickled carrots. He dumps a bag of baby carrots in a Sam's size pickle jar after eating the pickles with a bunch of spicy peppers.

This is genius!
  • jnmrie
    jnmrie Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Just got the Mocha Chocolate Chip Quest Bars from Quest Labs. These are my favorite so far.
  • lissadecker
    lissadecker Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Ok...you guys talk about Halo Top so much but my HEB doesn't carry it. I just found out that the Kroger near me does AND they have the Birthday Cake flavor. Looks like I need to head to the grocery store. :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    New bars being released by Hershey's come December, and they look really good!
    http://www.delish.com/food-news/a49518/hersheys-new-chocolate-bars-cookie-layer-crunch/
    ay5fwd7xnoa3.jpg

But more importantly, the new Halo Top flavors! Some lucky person got to try them!!!!
    http://www.popsugar.com/fitness/New-Halo-Top-Flavors-Taste-Test-42508246
    Honestly I'm glad the cherry tasted fake. I normally can't stand cherries so *hopefully* a fake cherry candy will be a positive thing despite the low rating since I like cherry jolly ranchers and laffy taffy xD Kind of disappointed most pints didn't fare too well, although I'm relieved the Red Velvet rated positively I'm sure it will be my favorite anyways!

Oh man I want that chocolate chip cookie dough flavor.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Ok...you guys talk about Halo Top so much but my HEB doesn't carry it. I just found out that the Kroger near me does AND they have the Birthday Cake flavor. Looks like I need to head to the grocery store. :)
    Im dealing with the opposite situation.

At least I found Arctic Zero cookie dough acceptable.