New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried this yet? I'm not overly fond of Hershey usually, but the bar I made at their factory a few months ago was very tasty... so I'm curious!

hersheycaramelcrunch-03.jpg

Finally found it at CVS. Not bad... but it would be tastier if it wasn't Hershey chocolate, lol!

I immediately went out to my local CVS (<5 minutes from where I live). It wasn't there. :( I'll be patient I guess.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried this yet? I'm not overly fond of Hershey usually, but the bar I made at their factory a few months ago was very tasty... so I'm curious!

Finally found it at CVS. Not bad... but it would be tastier if it wasn't Hershey chocolate, lol!

Was it with the regular sized candy bars or the oversized specialty chocolates? (I lost my patience for having to search for things offline a long time ago. :))
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    amy_kee wrote: »
    Root Beer and Ice Cream.....

Many years ago, you could go to the corner drug store and get a root beer float. It's ice cream in a tall glass, with root beer poured over it. It's great!

I used to love making floats when I was a kid. All the talk of root beer recently in this thread had me thinking about picking up some diet A&W and some vanilla Halo Top and making one actually.

It's funny you should mention this!

Don't forget Coke floats too!

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

Was it with the regular sized candy bars or the oversized specialty chocolates? (I lost my patience for having to search for things offline a long time ago. :))

No, it was on a display in the middle aisle of the store, closer to the bath and shampoo section, for some reason... It came in little bags with snack size bars. It's BOGO 50% too..
  • glassyo
    Options

No, it was on a display in the middle aisle of the store, closer to the bath and shampoo section, for some reason... It came in little bags with snack size bars. It's BOGO 50% too..

Because how indulgent would it be to eat chocolate whilst taking a bath?

See, I never would have thought to look there! So thanks. :)
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    amy_kee wrote: »
    Root Beer and Ice Cream.....

Many years ago, you could go to the corner drug store and get a root beer float. It's ice cream in a tall glass, with root beer poured over it. It's great!

I used to love making floats when I was a kid. All the talk of root beer recently in this thread had me thinking about picking up some diet A&W and some vanilla Halo Top and making one actually.

It's funny you should mention this!

I haven't had a root beer float in years. I used to get them a couple of times per summer as a treat. Required IBC root beer and Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla. That's the only time I preferred their Homemade to the Natural Vanilla Bean, which is my long-standing favorite vanilla ice cream. Something about the root beer made the sweeter, subtler vanilla a better choice.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Raynne413 wrote: »
    I am currently waiting on an order of edible cookie dough. My weakness!!

IMG_2229.jpg

IMG_2231.jpg

IMG_2230.jpg

IMG_2210-e1454207189414.jpg

OMG you will HAVE TO review this once you receive it! The company is close in distance to where I live so im debating putting an order in and picking it up lol

AND include a picture of what you ordered and tried!

You got it! My order shipped today, so hopefully I will have it next week!!! :smiley:
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Not a new product, but more of a question. Why are there not more key lime pie or root beer flavored ice creams? Does anyone remember Extra dessert delight gum? That stuff was crack.

I loved that gum but I chewed so much of it I'm sick of key lime now (although Dannon's Light & Fit Greek yogurt is an exception). I don't think key lime sells very well considering it's one of the flavors Arctic Zero discontinued and when Turkey Hill had it I noticed it always sat on the shelf for a while. I've never even seen root beer ice cream before o.o

All I need is cotton candy and I'm happy, but I bet Halo Top could make a nice key lime pie one, their lemon flavor already reminds me of lemon meringue pie a bit!

Cotton candy everything <3 Tempted to order some of this:

http://yumyumgum.com/Find-Your-Flavor/Top-Flavors/cotton-candy.html

While I was in both Spencer's getting the Dippin' Dots gum and when I was in The Dollar Tree I noticed cotton candy flavored gum balls, albeit they weren't sugar free like those! I didn't get them though as I'm personally partial to Bubble Yum's Cotton Candy bubble gum ;)
    neldabg wrote: »
    The Fitjoy Birthday Cake Batter Bars are officially out! :D I LOVE Birthday cake anything. I really want to take advantage of their free shipping offer, and I love the winter flavors they released, but I'm afraid that I might end up not liking the Birthday Cake Batter Bars. That'd be such a sad waste of almost $30.
    https://www.fitjoynutrition.com/products/birthday-cake-batter-protein-bars

I'm in the same boat, especially since their bars have been really hit or miss for me! I was in GNC the other day and the employee was raving about their new peppermint flavor the store got, so I'm sure GNC will get it in a matter of weeks (if that). If you end up trying it let me know what you think!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I want to see the actual product because the packaging leaves a little to be desired.

I am interested in cupcake and snowball

• hgycta
    edited December 2016
    Options
    ffayp8uleomw.jpg

Tried both of these bad boys this morning!
    Instead of regular milk I used Almond milk, so perhaps that affected the outcome but I'm really disappointed to be honest. The chocolate peanut butter didn't taste at all like peanut butter, just cheap Stephen's milk chocolate hot cocoa. The birthday cake remix was a bit better and I loved the rainbow sprinkles, but it still tasted like an artificial and low quality white hot chocolate with a slight cake flavor. If I buy it again I'll definitely stick to the birthday cake, but again they're definitely a lower quality mix than some other brands (also a lot cheaper than premium hot cocoa so I can't complain too much); I expected a lot more.
    EDIT: I made another (Peanut Butter Cup) with regular whole milk for my mother and tried a small sip and again, wasn't impressed. She agrees that it doesn't taste like peanut butter, then I added an extra tablespoon and she said it was very subtle, so definitely don't go into the peanut butter expecting a Reese's type taste! Also doesn't really mix too easily, so just a heads up stir very well!
  • hgycta
    Options
    br0hiobhccxk.jpg
    I doubt it's new, but it's new to me. Surprisingly I really enjoyed it, tasted more like eggnog than that Califia Farms Holiday Nog Almond milk. This didn't have as much of a fermentation thing going on like Kefirs usually have, so while it wasn't like actual eggnog it actually worked really well and I might need to grab more!!!
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    Kind if annoying to eat because if the chunks, but the fruitcake frap from Starbucks is pretty good
  • glassyo
    Options

So my cvs did have the vanilla creme. They had every small bags of chocolate ever invented on the end caps and the middle of the aisles but not these! I finally found them in the chocolate/stocking stuffer aisle.

I was going to buy those and the Cadbury toffee chocolates but I apparently never signed up for a cvs card so I did today and will go back tonight. :)
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    http://nourishbowls.com

This was kind of expensive, I think 4.48, but I picked this up because I'm staying in a hotel tonight and didn't want a frozen dinner
  • theamazingcassiebunny
    Options
    free B UP BAR IF YOU GUYS WANT TO TRY http://www.freebupbar.com/

Thanks, @Noreenmarie1234! I just filled out the online form. Can't wait to get them!