New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing the brownie batter Oreos will come out when she s'moreos or lemon ones are gone (I don't like lemon stuff so didn't buy those).

I bought these for my kids (obviously) but had a couple.

CheezItExtraToastycrackers_3664093.jpg

Very dangerous. And 28 calories for 5. Ouch.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I'm guessing the brownie batter Oreos will come out when she s'moreos or lemon ones are gone (I don't like lemon stuff so didn't buy those).

Are those like the burned CheezIts?

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Did we already talk about the cookie dough oreos? Saw some at the store last night but decided to pass. So many oreos coming out recently I can't remember what's new and what's only new to my walmart...
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    Did we already talk about the cookie dough oreos? Saw some at the store last night but decided to pass. So many oreos coming out recently I can't remember what's new and what's only new to my walmart...
    I think @kellyjellybellyjelly commented on them sometime ago. Most of what I've read about them were pretty disappointing.

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'm conflicted. Part of me says those Oreos are a must have and the other part is rolling its eyes and saying the red velvet cake craze has officially jumped the shark.
    I thought they were pretty mediocre

Cotton candy is my favorite out of the new flavors I've tried.

I went to Target on Monday & couldn't find the Cotton Candy Oreos:(. I did see the S'Mores oreos, but I am not too wild about them.

I wish stores would carry the Chips Ahoy Root Beer Float cookies since I can't find them anywhere.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited June 2015
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    I'm conflicted. Part of me says those Oreos are a must have and the other part is rolling its eyes and saying the red velvet cake craze has officially jumped the shark.
    I thought they were pretty mediocre

Cotton candy is my favorite out of the new flavors I've tried.

I liked the filling on the red velvets and the wafers (duh) on the cotton candy. Like someone pointed out earlier, I should have just put the red velvet filling with the cotton candy wafers for a full cookie. :)

Also, no sign of the brownie batter oreos yet at Target.

(I really don't know how I got on this oreos kick. The only normal sized cookies I ever really eat are girl scouts.)

On Impulsive Buy they said the Keebler Red Velvet cookies were better than the Oreos.

I wish it were winter only for the White Fudge Oreos. I ate a box in a day:D. So maybe it's a good thing it's not winter?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

They weren't awful, but they had more of a coffee flavor than cookie dough.
  • wearmi1
    wearmi1 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I recently tried the Chobani Watermelon Greek Yogurt, I didn't care for it. It was very watery. I've also recently tried the "Evolution" Greek Yogurts from Dannon, they are very expensive and the flavor is weird. I'll stick to plain Fage and some fruit on top.
  • auddii
    Options

They weren't awful, but they had more of a coffee flavor than cookie dough.

Huh, that almost sounds like it might be better. Maybe if they did a full on cappuccino flavor I'd go for that.
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    Not new but I just ate one of the Chobani Flips (Key Lime, Graham Cracker and White Chocolate) and it reminded me that those products are what started this entire thread! Also, I didn't think it was nearly as good as the Salted Caramel Pretzel or the Chocolate Haze Craze Chobani Flips.
  • Francl27
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Not new but I just ate one of the Chobani Flips (Key Lime, Graham Cracker and White Chocolate) and it reminded me that those products are what started this entire thread! Also, I didn't think it was nearly as good as the Salted Caramel Pretzel or the Chocolate Haze Craze Chobani Flips.

I like the keylime one a lot, but honestly I don't buy them often because they really don't fill me up for the calories, and if I'm going to spend 240 calories on a treat, it's going to be ice cream or chocolate.

I'm not sure, I don't eat CheezIts typically, but they are good!
  • WinoGelato
    Options

I like the keylime one a lot, but honestly I don't buy them often because they really don't fill me up for the calories, and if I'm going to spend 240 calories on a treat, it's going to be ice cream or chocolate.

The Key Lime Flip was only 200 cals! I actually like them for late in the day at work, it is kind of like a treat but a little more protein than if I were to just eat a couple of pieces of chocolate or something.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options

On Impulsive Buy they said the Keebler Red Velvet cookies were better than the Oreos.

I wish it were winter only for the White Fudge Oreos. I ate a box in a day:D. So maybe it's a good thing it's not winter?

I don't even like red velvet! The cream cheese filling called my name tho.

I also found the lemon twist oreos in Vons so bought those. I haven't tried the lemon with the golden wafers yet but someone (probably on the impulsive buy) said the lemon twist was less lemony so that piqued my interest.

The only oreos I have no desire to try are the cookie dough, mint, berry, and the white fudge covered. Even if I could find the cookie dough, the coffee flavor turns me off and I don't like mint. The berry one just doesn't appeal to me at all and the only kind of chocolate I'm not keen on is white chocolate.

I swear, every time I pass the s'moreos in Target I have to smile. I kinda wanna change the sign or add one that says "S'moreos". Because Nabisco was dumb. :)

• Francl27
    Options

The Key Lime Flip was only 200 cals! I actually like them for late in the day at work, it is kind of like a treat but a little more protein than if I were to just eat a couple of pieces of chocolate or something.

Yes I know, but still, lol.
  • hearts77
    hearts77 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    r4on1zj2kmfy.jpg
    Tried these recently. I'm not usually a big chip person, but they are tasty and have a good red curry flavor.

Grabbed the fiber one caramel cheesecake bars at the store last week and think they're kind of meh. I'll stick to the cinnamon coffee cake flavor.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I recently discovered these delicious root vegetable chips exotic blend that Aldi sells in their Simply Nature product line. Typically I really don't care for potato chips, but these are amazing. It's parsnips, sweet potato, batata and taro. Sweet lord, I always feel like I'm going to eat the whole bag...

Oh that sounds good! But yeah typically it's the oil that makes up for most of the calories, so I don't tend to bother with veggie chips...

I had one of the Chobani plum yogurts and they are pretty good. Not gonna lie though, nothing comes close to Fruyo classic blended yogurts, but I guess those have 200 calories...

Trader Joe's has a version of those veggie chips.
    I saw this at Shop Rite yesterday, so it might be easier to get than PB2. Similar macros, no salt or sugar. Just 5 more calories for the same serving size (The jar in Shop Rite said 50 calories, not 53 like the label here). I might switch for the convenience factor of picking it up during my regular grocery shopping.

pure-pb-jar.jpg

5d93c87e7486.jpg

It would be cheaper and have the same end result if you used peanut flour. A one pound bag of peanut flour at TJs is cheaper than PB2.
    http://www.dailygarnish.com/2010/09/powdered-peanut-butter-a-review-taste-test.html

I don't think my TJ's has peanut flour, but I'll look. Because I love it in smoothies or yogurt. My other concern with nut products from TJ's is that a lot of their stuff is processed in a factory with wheat (their almond meal is, for example).

• auddii
    Options
    I recently discovered these delicious root vegetable chips exotic blend that Aldi sells in their Simply Nature product line. Typically I really don't care for potato chips, but these are amazing. It's parsnips, sweet potato, batata and taro. Sweet lord, I always feel like I'm going to eat the whole bag...

Oh that sounds good! But yeah typically it's the oil that makes up for most of the calories, so I don't tend to bother with veggie chips...

I had one of the Chobani plum yogurts and they are pretty good. Not gonna lie though, nothing comes close to Fruyo classic blended yogurts, but I guess those have 200 calories...

Trader Joe's has a version of those veggie chips.
    I saw this at Shop Rite yesterday, so it might be easier to get than PB2. Similar macros, no salt or sugar. Just 5 more calories for the same serving size (The jar in Shop Rite said 50 calories, not 53 like the label here). I might switch for the convenience factor of picking it up during my regular grocery shopping.

pure-pb-jar.jpg

5d93c87e7486.jpg

It would be cheaper and have the same end result if you used peanut flour. A one pound bag of peanut flour at TJs is cheaper than PB2.
    http://www.dailygarnish.com/2010/09/powdered-peanut-butter-a-review-taste-test.html

I don't think my TJ's has peanut flour, but I'll look. Because I love it in smoothies or yogurt. My other concern with nut products from TJ's is that a lot of their stuff is processed in a factory with wheat (their almond meal is, for example).
    You can get peanut flour from amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Peanut-Butter-Hoosier-Hill-Farm/dp/B00BXR3WLS/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1435331360&sr=8-4&keywords=peanut+flour)

But, as for the wheat processing in the same plant, who knows, so it might be kind of risky to buy it from a source you can't verify doesn't process wheat.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    hearts77 wrote: »
    r4on1zj2kmfy.jpg
    Tried these recently. I'm not usually a big chip person, but they are tasty and have a good red curry flavor.

Grabbed the fiber one caramel cheesecake bars at the store last week and think they're kind of meh. I'll stick to the cinnamon coffee cake flavor.

Now those look interesting. I don't usually eat potato chips since I like other snacks better (fries > potato chips). I do love me some red curry, though. And I've never had it on anything crispy/crunchy ...

Now I'm thinking about red curry flavored french fries. *sigh*