New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I think this stuff has been around for a few years now, but it's new for me. Very tasty. Kinda hard to spread, though.

justins-chocolate-hazelnut-butter-squeeze-pack.png

Yes I love the stuff.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    I think this stuff has been around for a few years now, but it's new for me. Very tasty. Kinda hard to spread, though.

I tried the maple almond butter in the little single serving packet a few weeks ago.
    Made me nauseous.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Since my birthday is next week my father was a gem and took me to the Asian market to see if they had Taro ice cream since that's my favorite dessert ever, and this is what we found:
    Purple Yam & Cheese Ice Cream! I have to wait a week to try it though haha, oh goodness

ezz0c2somvcj.jpg

I also found these Taro dinner roll buns, and oh my goodness. They're DELICIOUS. I strongly recommend them to whoever is able to find them!!!

g6cxv13dedlp.jpg
    bb31iidwpf7j.jpg
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

Is it better than Nutella?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Since my birthday is next week my father was a gem and took me to the Asian market to see if they had Taro ice cream since that's my favorite dessert ever, and this is what we found:
    Purple Yam & Cheese Ice Cream! I have to wait a week to try it though haha, oh goodness

ezz0c2somvcj.jpg

I also found these Taro dinner roll buns, and oh my goodness. They're DELICIOUS. I strongly recommend them to whoever is able to find them!!!

g6cxv13dedlp.jpg
    bb31iidwpf7j.jpg

The ice cream looks interesting.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »

ezz0c2somvcj.jpg

g6cxv13dedlp.jpg
    bb31iidwpf7j.jpg
    I never even thought to check out an Asian market for ice cream. Thanks for the idea!

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »

Meh. A lot of people really like Justin's nut butters but I haven't found them to be any better than any of the other higher-quality nut butters. The Justin's stuff also tends to be really overpriced imo.

Yeah I noticed that at Giant they wanted $11.99 for a jar. If I were going to pay that price for peanut butter it would be for this http://www.netrition.com/cracked_nut_butter_choco_chip_cookie_dough.html or this http://www.pbcrave.com/Shop-Online/b/3521651011?ref=Cookie Nookie Flavor Page
  • Francl27
    Options

Meh. A lot of people really like Justin's nut butters but I haven't found them to be any better than any of the other higher-quality nut butters. The Justin's stuff also tends to be really overpriced imo.

It's expensive, that's why I haven't bought another jar, but it's definitely different than nutella... much less sugar, no palm oil. I actually bought another cheaper kind of hazelnut butter to try and was disappointed.

I have to say though, Justin's butter doesn't even come close to nutella on crepes. It was extremely disappointing. It's good on English muffins or on waffles though.
  • Francl27
    Options

Dunno. I've never had Nutella due to being allergic to dairy.

Agreed. I got the chocolate hazelnut blend as a free sample.
    Francl27 wrote: »

It's expensive, that's why I haven't bought another jar, but it's definitely different than nutella... much less sugar, no palm oil. I actually bought another cheaper kind of hazelnut butter to try and was disappointed.

I have to say though, Justin's butter doesn't even come close to nutella on crepes. It was extremely disappointing. It's good on English muffins or on waffles though.

There's palm oil in Justin's.

I guess but it's one of the last ingredients, not the second one.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I noticed at Wal-Mart that Pirate's Booty (they make cheese puffs) has macaroni now.

http://www.piratebrands.com/shells-and-cheese

Also Oreo has Key Lime Pie Oreos

https://www.flickr.com/photos/theimpulsivebuy/19266617842

I haven't seen them yet.
  • Francl27
    Options
    I noticed at Wal-Mart that Pirate's Booty (they make cheese puffs) has macaroni now.

I haven't seen them yet.

Those oreos sound pretty good!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,619 Member
    Options

I haven't seen them yet.

YES! YES! YES! (On the key lime pie oreos.) We'd better get them and they'd better be good after all this waiting.

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    17973106703_196d1f50f9_z.jpg
    I finally tried these. They were SUPER good. The cookies themselves tasted like shortbread cookies and the filling actually reminded me of a cherry ICEE.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I finally tried these. They were SUPER good. The cookies themselves tasted like shortbread cookies and the filling actually reminded me of a cherry ICEE.

Now those I could get behind. Now I need to head over the the heb...
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

Those look good!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I found this frozen yogurt at a bargain store that sells close to expiration date foods

candied-ginger.png

At first when I opened the lid it smelled like some kind of soap/air freshener which made me hesitate & wonder if I even wanted to try it. After a few bites I was hooked. This flavor has a vanilla base & a lot of ginger mix-ins. If you guys have bargain/stores that sell close to expiration date items I highly recommend to shop at them.

I found Ben & Jerry's ice cream for $0.99 cents, Edy's for $1.99, Chobani cups for $0.57, Grape Tomatoes for $0.97 a pack, & a few more other snacky things for pretty cheap.

The only thing I didn't buy there was fruit since it seemed to be smaller & more expensive than the fresher fruit at Wal-Mart.

I also found the De-Lish brand at the bargain store (Walgreen's flavor) Cinnamon Bun Blast & found it to be pretty tasty; however, it still isn't as good as the Ben & Jerry's Cinnamon Buns.