New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    Just an FYI: I stopped by Kroger today and noticed that the Free Friday download on Power Bars also includes their new Clean Whey bars. I picked up a raspberry fudge to try sometime.

I spotted the cinnamon roll Keebler cookies but noticed the birthday cake fudge stripes were on markdown and only had enough cash on me for one pack.

That was my favorite of the clean whey bars.

Does anyone have a link for the Robert Irvine cookies? I tried Googling the other day & came up with nothing.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    To do list:
    Find those Thomas' party cake mini bagels that just came out, and then find these immediately afterwards:
    a7q2lxjkjsxs.png

I'm not usually a huge bread/bagel person, but if the Party Mini bagels are good I'll have to buy a pack.

I did buy a pack of the Lavash wraps at BJ's to make dessert wraps with.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    Just an FYI: I stopped by Kroger today and noticed that the Free Friday download on Power Bars also includes their new Clean Whey bars. I picked up a raspberry fudge to try sometime.

I spotted the cinnamon roll Keebler cookies but noticed the birthday cake fudge stripes were on markdown and only had enough cash on me for one pack.

That was my favorite of the clean whey bars.

Does anyone have a link for the Robert Irvine cookies? I tried Googling the other day & came up with nothing.

I haven't seen anything about Robert Irvine cookies. Only brownies:

http://shop.fitcrunchbars.com/FITCRUNCH-Brownie--Chocolate/p/FIT-020003&c=FitCrunch@Brownies
    http://shop.fitcrunchbars.com/FITCRUNCH-Brownie--Cookie-Dough/p/FIT-020010&c=FitCrunch@Brownies

His site is the only place I have been able to find them.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    neldabg wrote: »
    ?? They're only ~150 calories each.

Right. That's 50 calories more that the light ones. For me, that matters. :)

Hahahaha I love you, I thought I was the only one who thought like that for all their flavored muffins xD Honestly, the only ones worth those extra 50 calories to me are the cinnamon vanilla english muffins they had a couple years ago that they BETTER bring back... they were extravagant.
    To do list:
    Find those Thomas' party cake mini bagels that just came out, and then find these immediately afterwards:
    a7q2lxjkjsxs.png

I'm not usually a huge bread/bagel person, but if the Party Mini bagels are good I'll have to buy a pack.

I did buy a pack of the Lavash wraps at BJ's to make dessert wraps with.

Those Lavash wraps are amazing I love them! They're also really filling if you take a big handful of raw spinach, some shredded cheese and shredded chicken/deli meat (I use either the perdue fajita short cuts or london broil) and then roll up kind of like Chick-fil-A's cool wrap! Definitely kills the hunger and it's also good with breakfast versions featuring 1 egg+1/2 cup egg whites and some salsa ;)
  • hgycta
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Finally found the most perfect premade soup out there. Actually tastes like the chicken & dumplings I had while on vacation in the south. All those disappointing soups suddenly don't make me hate store bought soup! Anyone try any other meals in this line?

i288q2g6z60z.jpg
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Finally found the most perfect premade soup out there. Actually tastes like the chicken & dumplings I had while on vacation in the south. All those disappointing soups suddenly don't make me hate store bought soup! Anyone try any other meals in this line?

i288q2g6z60z.jpg

That looks tasty! How are the calories on that?
  • hgycta
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

i288q2g6z60z.jpg

That looks tasty! How are the calories on that?

270 calories for the entire pouch, but for how delicious it was that's not bad at all for me! If you've been to Olive Garden and had their Chicken & Gnocchi soup that's about what the dumplings reminded me of. Definitely very generous with the dumplings, chickens, and veggies! Not soupy and not too salty, just the right amount of everything. I'm so disappointed with their new well yes line of soups but this... this is something worth getting.
  • jroth261
    jroth261 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Tried this tonight - def getting again! Added asparagus, shredded carrots, sliced bellas, minced shallot, baby corn, & water chestnuts. Ate whole package without guilt (385 cals + veggies)

7016wshbi7mj.jpg
  • jroth261
    Options
    Had this for lunch last wk. Holy crap good. Doesn't look like much out of the package but it's satisfying. Tastes like real food with fat in it unlike, say, Lean Cuisine. 390 cals. Would be good to add some steamed veggies on the side to fill the meal out more.

38r00vx3tn7z.png
  • jroth261
    Options
    I had one packet left of this Click coffee protein. I still like Chike 10000x better, but I decided to try it hot (never had any sort of hot protein beverage before so I was nervous it would get clumpy). Directions said to mix with milk BEFORE microwaving it so I found a shaker jar and shook it twice as long (1 minute instead of 30 seconds, a single clump would have me gagging). Mixed it with unsweetened almond milk then microwaved it and honestly I was pretty impressed for a hot protein coffee! Sort of frothy and didn't taste like chemicals. However, I didn't notice the caramel flavoring much, it just tasted sweet. I drank the small amount left over before I poured it from the shaker cup into the mug and I liked it much better cold. No clumps though! Just won't get again, again, Chike > all the other brands I've tried

Thanks for heads up on Chike protein coffee mix! When I start strength training again, this will be so up my alley. Love my coffee.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I had one packet left of this Click coffee protein. I still like Chike 10000x better, but I decided to try it hot (never had any sort of hot protein beverage before so I was nervous it would get clumpy). Directions said to mix with milk BEFORE microwaving it so I found a shaker jar and shook it twice as long (1 minute instead of 30 seconds, a single clump would have me gagging). Mixed it with unsweetened almond milk then microwaved it and honestly I was pretty impressed for a hot protein coffee! Sort of frothy and didn't taste like chemicals. However, I didn't notice the caramel flavoring much, it just tasted sweet. I drank the small amount left over before I poured it from the shaker cup into the mug and I liked it much better cold. No clumps though! Just won't get again, again, Chike > all the other brands I've tried
    udeq2n32iidm.jpg

ok I'm tempted by that Chike stuff... how do you use it.. just mixed with water? How sweet does it taste and how filling is it? Did you try the original iced coffee or the mocha one?

Best place to buy it?
  • hgycta
    Options
    jroth261 wrote: »
    Tried this tonight - def getting again! Added asparagus, shredded carrots, sliced bellas, minced shallot, baby corn, & water chestnuts. Ate whole package without guilt (385 cals + veggies)

7016wshbi7mj.jpg

Where did you buy that it looks delicious!!!
    Francl27 wrote: »
    udeq2n32iidm.jpg

ok I'm tempted by that Chike stuff... how do you use it.. just mixed with water? How sweet does it taste and how filling is it? Did you try the original iced coffee or the mocha one?

Best place to buy it?

I got the mocha flavor originally in a sample packet from Smoothie King and blended it with just ice and unsweetened almond milk - super thick, filling, and just as sweet as a mocha frappuccino from Starbucks (if you want something less sweet you might like Click more, but Chike was perfect for me)! You can mix it with just about anything and prepare it however you like, the pouch says what to do for different types (never tried that one hot but definitely plan on it)! I'll probably get it from either eBay or Amazon, whichever one happened to be cheaper. I don't think the Vitamin Shoppe or GNC sells it unfortunately (not that I could afford what GNC would probably charge anyways). If you're near a Smoothie King definitely try a sample packet first!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    To do list:
    a7q2lxjkjsxs.png

I saw the pizza bagels at Target but didn't buy because I didn't have money on me. I didn't see the pretty colored mini bagels tho.
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    jroth261 wrote: »

7016wshbi7mj.jpg

From where?
  • hgycta
    edited February 2017
    Options
    0l5b5aodmd5l.jpeg
    This came in the mail today from Amazon! It's IMO syrup - the same thing used to make quest bars before they switched to soluble corn fiber. Basically, I heat 2 tbsp of the syrup on the stove and mix 30 grams whey protein powder and knead it to form a dough. Then I just add in mix-ins and extras and form into bars before refrigerating them to set. Amazing! And it saves so much money, since. I don't have to pay $2.00 a bar anymore. :)

So this syrup and protein powder... that's it!?! No flour or anything else at all? What kind of mix-ins? How many calories are the bars/how big are they? You're a genius. Can it be used for more than just protein bars?
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    0l5b5aodmd5l.jpeg
    This came in the mail today from Amazon! It's IMO syrup - the same thing used to make quest bars before they switched to soluble corn fiber. Basically, I heat 2 tbsp of the syrup on the stove and mix 30 grams whey protein powder and knead it to form a dough. Then I just add in mix-ins and extras and form into bars before refrigerating them to set. Amazing! And it saves so much money, since. I don't have to pay $2.00 a bar anymore. :)

Weird stuff!!

http://easacademy.org/trainer-resources/article/isomalto-oligosaccharides
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    0l5b5aodmd5l.jpeg

So this syrup and protein powder... that's it!?! No flour or anything else at all? What kind of mix-ins? How many calories are the bars/how big are they? You're a genius. Can it be used for more than just protein bars?

Some of the recipes included 2 tsp of almond flour per bar, but I forgot about it when I made mine (and they turned out fine, just maybe not as "nutty"). Otherwise, yeah, you just use the protein powder, syrup, and mix-ins. I used 2 tbsp of syrup, 30 grams of Garden of Life Raw Meal vanilla, and 1 tbsp of Enjoy Life mini chips, and they came out to be about 250 calories per bar with 24 grams dietary fiber (a bit more than actual Quest Bars, since I used a veggie protein that has it's own fiber) and 20 grams protein. You could add cinnamon or ither spices or freeze dried fruits for other flavors, or use other flavors of protein powders if you want different flavors.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    0l5b5aodmd5l.jpeg

Weird stuff!!

How similar does it taste compared to quest bars? I have thought of making my own but figured they wouldn't taste as good and it would be a pain to calculate the macros and calories
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    0l5b5aodmd5l.jpeg

Weird stuff!!

How similar does it taste compared to quest bars? I have thought of making my own but figured they wouldn't taste as good and it would be a pain to calculate the macros and calories

Like I said, I used Raw Meal to make my first test-batch (I wanted to give some to a vegan friend of mine at work), so this first batch tastes a little different, although the texture is similar to that of actual Quest Bars. And the chocolate tastes more like actual chocolate vs whatever Quest uses, since I used actual chocolate chips. Either way, they're good, and I really like them! And I love that it gives me the option to create custom protein\flavor blends. I plan on trying it with whey soon, and I'll do a side-by-side comparison then.