New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    almond_newlid_large.png?v=1489675140

Meh. Artificial tasting, pretty bland, definitely not satisfying.

I appreciate all of your reviews of these! I found Halo Top's chocolate almond crunch pretty bland, did you try that one? I'm curious if this one was similar...
    It's a shame they've been disappointing to you so far, but I can't say I'm surprised. I love Enlightened, but I mainly love them for the mix-ins and swirls. As a base, they definitely are less sweet.
    If you haven't picked up the Bananas Foster I wouldn't recommend you do so. I loved it and I can see a lot of other people loving it, but it definitely has more of an artificial taste to it. It's like a more buttery/thicker version of the salted caramel swirl. It's better, but the flavor is still there. I keep going back and forth honestly the more I have it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »

I appreciate all of your reviews of these! I found Halo Top's chocolate almond crunch pretty bland, did you try that one? I'm curious if this one was similar...
    It's a shame they've been disappointing to you so far, but I can't say I'm surprised. I love Enlightened, but I mainly love them for the mix-ins and swirls. As a base, they definitely are less sweet.
    If you haven't picked up the Bananas Foster I wouldn't recommend you do so. I loved it and I can see a lot of other people loving it, but it definitely has more of an artificial taste to it. It's like a more buttery/thicker version of the salted caramel swirl. It's better, but the flavor is still there. I keep going back and forth honestly the more I have it.

I like the Halo Top chocolate almond actually... it's much more satisfying than this. At least it's not bland.

I think that's my main issue with Enlightened, the swirl is what makes them sweet but the swirl tastes artificial to me (I forgot that I did try salted caramel once). I did like the chocolate chip cookie dough more than Halo Top though.
  • hgycta
    Options

I like the Halo Top chocolate almond actually... it's much more satisfying than this. At least it's not bland.

I think that's my main issue with Enlightened, the swirl is what makes them sweet but the swirl tastes artificial to me (I forgot that I did try salted caramel once). I did like the chocolate chip cookie dough more than Halo Top though.

Yeah, it seems like their newer pints are trying to copy Halo Top too much being lower calorie but probably failing. The birthday cake and the cold brew were honestly amazing for not having mix ins and weren't artificial, but all the others (Even the fudge brownie and Giant exclusive half-baked knockoff flavor) were very underwhelming and boring.
  • Francl27
    Options
    th?id=OIP.jDaVgs-oOsoPDBLNV83KyAEsEs&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

Found a box at Big Lots for $1, assuming they are actually not sold anymore elsewhere. Not bad. Can't really taste the hazelnuts frankly. Horrible macros and junk ingredients for the calories though, so even at this price... won't buy again.
  • Francl27
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Like the taste, rip off on whats inside.
    m6hga0nfz5ec.jpg

Ouch. I'd be a PITA and contact the manufacturer.
  • Francl27
    Options
    butterpecan_newlid_large.png?v=1489675578

I do like that one.
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried the Nuts 'N More brand? They look delicious but I don't want to be disappointed.

mnj37rcxvlus.jpg
  • ActivatedAlm0nds
    ActivatedAlm0nds Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    What is the recipe?
  • hgycta
    Options

Chocolate Almond is my 3rd favorite flavors of Halo Top, behind Birthday Cake and Salted Caramel.

I recently experimented with my DIY Halo Top Recipe to create a similar a cherry amaretto flavor with coconut milk instead of regular milk, and it turned out really good!

m4ub8b3z4mdy.jpg

I agree, you can't post that and not include a recipe!

Also, I went into the Peeps store today and noticed sugar free peeps, have these always been a thing? Do stores sell them?
    l66f8n5vdn70.jpg
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options

Chocolate Almond is my 3rd favorite flavors of Halo Top, behind Birthday Cake and Salted Caramel.

I recently experimented with my DIY Halo Top Recipe to create a similar a cherry amaretto flavor with coconut milk instead of regular milk, and it turned out really good!

m4ub8b3z4mdy.jpg

Also, I went into the Peeps store today and noticed sugar free peeps, have these always been a thing? Do stores sell them?
    l66f8n5vdn70.jpg

i had them last week - i didn't like them very much
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    josette06 wrote: »
    Found enlightened at weis. They have more variety than giant. I purchased red velvet and birthday cake.

Eating the Red Velvet now & it's delicious! The Birthday Cake is decent, but I am not sure if I like that one more or Halo Top. I'll have to try the Enlightened version again. What would make the Red Velvet pint better is some mini chunks like Turkey Hill's.
  • hgycta
    Options
    bellaa_x0 wrote: »

m4ub8b3z4mdy.jpg

l66f8n5vdn70.jpg

Where did you buy them? They're not as sweet but I kind of liked that, they also seem more dense like an actual marshmallow.
    Found enlightened at weis. They have more variety than giant. I purchased red velvet and birthday cake.

Eating the Red Velvet now & it's delicious! The Birthday Cake is decent, but I am not sure if I like that one more or Halo Top. I'll have to try the Enlightened version again. What would make the Red Velvet pint better is some mini chunks like Turkey Hill's.

I agree, chocolate cake pieces would have made it phenomenal.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    bellaa_x0 wrote: »

m4ub8b3z4mdy.jpg

l66f8n5vdn70.jpg

Where did you buy them? They're not as sweet but I kind of liked that, they also seem more dense like an actual marshmallow.

I agree, chocolate cake pieces would have made it phenomenal.

walgreens
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    bchx0j84vhln.jpgLOVED the pretzel croissant I love salty stuff it was so good I got with turkey sausage because not fan of bacon omg was delicious the salty complimented the egg so nicely omg I wish these weren't so high in calories lol I might buy some to make my own sandwiches Way better than pretzel bagels
    us.v-xpuwzlbqlxl5.jpg me and my boyfriend split these donuts
    mxk3d997o1fg.jpg
    cdn.net/5021879/uploads/editor/h6/muvtax102oa1.jpg
    The chocolate pretzel one was just like chocolate with some pretzels was good though but nothing amazing
    The chocolate peanut butter croissant was my favorite had a nice pb flavor usually dunkin do nuts all taste the same but omg the middle had the BEST peanut butter filling and the outside was a peanut butter croissant
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    Inside
  • ActivatedAlm0nds
    ActivatedAlm0nds Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I just love pretzels man.

Wish I lived near a Dunkin Donuts
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited April 2017
    Options
    i8ba2eoqxtwt.jpg
    Inside

Oops pic didn't post 10/10 best dunkin donut I've had so far. Usually I don't like them because the base they use is pretty boring and bland but this one is made of croissant.
  • josette06
    josette06 Posts: 119 Member
    Options

My favorite red velvet ice cream is Blue Bunny thus far. Mmmm I can only find it at Karns though. I'll have to find the Turkey Hill one.
  • augustremulous
    augustremulous Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    These step tracking bracelets are pretty cute:

https://ringly.com/