New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    33481882035_4206e76fa1_z.jpg?resize=640%2C449&ssl=1

Eh. I'm disappointed. There's some weird aftertaste I'm not overly fond of. The macros are not great obviously for a 'protein' bar either, but at least there's 3g of fiber, I suppose.

I won't trash them, but I won't buy them again (I got the chocolate/oats ones).

ETA: Shop Rite had all the Enlightened flavors, so I figured I'd try the ones I haven't tried yet for that price.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Shoprite has Halo Top, Gelato Fiasco, and So Delicious pints on sale this week. I should have definitely left room in my freezer and took it easy on the Enlightened ice creams darn it. I've been back and forth with whether or not I want to try Gelato Fiasco, but it's hard to turn down a sale :p
  • Francl27
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Shoprite has Halo Top, Gelato Fiasco, and So Delicious pints on sale this week. I should have definitely left room in my freezer and took it easy on the Enlightened ice creams darn it. I've been back and forth with whether or not I want to try Gelato Fiasco, but it's hard to turn down a sale :p

Hmm. Glad I have an extra freezer, lol! I was disappointed by the Gelato Fiasco I tried, honestly. Didn't blow my mind at all. I might try a couple more flavors at that price though.

But yeah, I shouldn't have got so many Enlightened pints though, if I had known, I like Halo Top much better! I suppose they'll get eaten eventually though...
  • ActivatedAlm0nds
    ActivatedAlm0nds Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I finally have plenty of Halo Top to buy but no sales :'(
  • hgycta
    Options
    So I went to Starbucks today and decided to try their Gluten-Free Smoked Canadian Bacon & Egg and the new Toasted Coconut Cold Brew. I would not recommend either of them. The sandwich was very unappetizing and the muffin was like cardboard (I do not have Celiac's but have had Mikey's and Nutiva's gluten free muffins before) and was the worst I've ever tried. The egg tasted fake and it was definitely not worth the price. The drink tasted very unappetizing as well, their coconut milk is disgusting. No one in my family liked it!
    bqzwytoj51yi.jpg
  • Francl27
    Options
    Tried the DD pretzel croissant sandwich. Way too salty. Ended in the garbage.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

darn sorry you didn't like.... I may like salty foods a little too much lol
  • princess0lexi
    princess0lexi Posts: 3,938 Member
    Options
    have not tried them but they look good omatc3o6o234.jpg
    3cme89zs761l.jpg
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

I really am jealous that you get sales for Halo Top for $2.88. Do you get sales like that on Enlightened too? What's the sale on Gelato Fiasco? Giant usually sells it for $6.99 & the sale price is $4.99.
  • hgycta
    Options

I really am jealous that you get sales for Halo Top for $2.88. Do you get sales like that on Enlightened too? What's the sale on Gelato Fiasco? Giant usually sells it for $6.99 & the sale price is $4.99.

Last week Enlightened was at $2.88 which is why I went crazy haha! Gelato Fiasco, I believe, was $4.99, so it's still very expensive but a lot better than $6.99, which is what I think Shoprite normally has it for, too. I won't pick up as many pints as I plan on picking up for Halo Top, but I'd like to try one flavor just for the sake of trying it.
  • ActivatedAlm0nds
    Options
    S'mores is my favorite flavor of HT so far
  • ActivatedAlm0nds
    edited April 2017
    Options

I tried it today too

I forgot about the bacon :s
    It was all right after i took those little burnt nubs out.

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options

I tried it today too

I got sausage in place of bacon and white cheddar cheese instead, don't know if it made a difference. But I have always had an abnormal love for salt. I used to lick the salt off pretzels as a kid and put salt on EVERYTHING lol.
  • hgycta
    Options

I tried it today too

I got sausage in place of bacon and white cheddar cheese instead, don't know if it made a difference. But I have always had an abnormal love for salt. I used to lick the salt off pretzels as a kid and put salt on EVERYTHING lol.

I still do that stuff xD You should see me at P.F. Chang's or any other Asian restaurant. After finishing a dish with soy sauce I will use my spoon to lap up what's left. It's probably really unhealthy but my blood pressure is always good whenever I get it checked, go figure!
  • ActivatedAlm0nds
    Options

I tried it today too

Yeah, I should have switched out for the sausage.

I'm addicted to pretzels man.

• JenniferOBX14
    JenniferOBX14 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    33481882035_4206e76fa1_z.jpg?resize=640%2C449&ssl=1

Eh. I'm disappointed. There's some weird aftertaste I'm not overly fond of. The macros are not great obviously for a 'protein' bar either, but at least there's 3g of fiber, I suppose.

I won't trash them, but I won't buy them again (I got the chocolate/oats ones).

ETA: Shop Rite had all the Enlightened flavors, so I figured I'd try the ones I haven't tried yet for that price.

It seems all the protein products are just adding soy protein isolate to get the protein numbers up.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Mexican-Style-Pulled-PorkBowl-Package.png

Tried this meal last week & it was actually decent! I haven't ate a lot of meat lately with the exception of chicken once in awhile so maybe that's why it tasted so delicious?
  • hgycta
    Options
    Mexican-Style-Pulled-PorkBowl-Package.png

Tried this meal last week & it was actually decent! I haven't ate a lot of meat lately with the exception of chicken once in awhile so maybe that's why it tasted so delicious?

I enjoy those meals but there just is never enough to even come close to satisfying me unfortunately :/
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,614 Member
    Options
    No pretty pictures but I hate seeing this on the 2nd page so here's what I've tried in the past couple weeks:

I had a bit of a Hostess week with the chocolate cake twinkies, twinkie cone, and ding dong ice cream sandwich.

The chocolate cake twinkies were ok. I prefer the original golden cake tho.

The twinkie cone was reeeeeeeeeeeally good. I don't know what they did to the ice cream but it was delicious. It had the twinkie bites on top but they didn't make that big of an impression on me. Plus....a cone!

The ding dong ice cream sandwich was pretty much perfection. Looked like a ding dong, had the chocolate shell covering, the ice cream was the creamy middle, and there was a chocolate cookieish type thing inside.

I also tried the Nabisco Baked Teddy thingies...both version. The vanilla filled was was ok...I didn't really like the cake part of it but the filling was good. The chocolate filled one was good but I liked the goldenish cake on that one. Now they just need to make the golden cake twinkie version and I'm all over it. :)
  • ActivatedAlm0nds
    Options
    Well, I can say I tried the new mozzarella chicken salad from Wendy's. I don't know if I just noticed it this time, but the chicken was warm which was nice. While I prefer their taco and power Mediterranean salads, I was pretty happy. I want to try their mozzarella sandwich.