New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    glassyo wrote: »
    FINALLY found this

Elli-Quark-Review-Peach-01.jpg

Very disappointed. Will buy again if I find it on sale, but it's just not worth the price tag. Sadface.

*gasp* That's what I had in the strawberry the other day. What disappointed you about it?

It wasn't very creamy and pretty watery, and the taste was bland... I got a blueberry one too, I'll have to see how that one is...

While I don't mind bland, watery is icky. And it was definitely creamy. I hope the blueberry is better!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I bought Friendy's Camp Friendly's S'Mores, Vanilla Pineapple, & Cotton Candy Rockin' Poppin' Cotton Candy.

I bought them at Giant for $1.99 & all these flavors are limited edition.

I strongly considered the cotton candy one.
  • Francl27
    Options
    FINALLY found this

Elli-Quark-Review-Peach-01.jpg

Very disappointed. Will buy again if I find it on sale, but it's just not worth the price tag. Sadface.

*gasp* That's what I had in the strawberry the other day. What disappointed you about it?

It wasn't very creamy and pretty watery, and the taste was bland... I got a blueberry one too, I'll have to see how that one is...

While I don't mind bland, watery is icky. And it was definitely creamy. I hope the blueberry is better!

Well I tried the blueberry.... Really bland. Definitely not creamy enough for me.... I'll stick to Greek yogurt.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    most of these are old products haha
    DRP_Sunwiches_StrawberryFront3Dmini.png

• spearmintskies
    spearmintskies Posts: 31 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I've sold case after case after case of the Not Your Father's Root beer at my work. It's insane, the speed it flies off the shelf. It's pretty darn tasty but really sweet (pour it over ice, you won't regret it) so personally I've only had a few bottles in the few months we've had it. Awesome stuff though.

Luna protein bars are my new favorite snack to have at work. Good punch of protein and tastes indulgent. La Croix sparkling water is also my new obsession. The coconut and the peach-pear though. <3
  • laurrrrrraa
    laurrrrrraa Posts: 3 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I just recently got into the Kodiak cakes waffle mixture. If you get the protein ones you can get 14g of protein in one serving! I add protein powder to mine for more protein! It's really good with walden farms zero calorie syrup!
  • laurrrrrraa
    laurrrrrraa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    yourad0rk wrote: »
    I've been on a bit of a protein hype the past few weeks and was really looking around for some good bars and found Quest Bars, I bought the 'Cookies and Cream' and 'Double Chocolate Chunk'. They're horrible, they taste like artificial sweetener and salt, and I can never stomach more than half a bar in one sitting, I've found that they're more palatable when cold, although that means they're harsh on your teeth. But despite all that, they're really good for you, and not a bad (even if horrid tasting) filling snack for on the go.

I'm interested in trying the Quest Protein chips though, and have bought some BBQ flavoured ones which I'm still waiting on in the post. Fingers crossed they taste better than the bars, and also better than 'Protein Bites' by Novo which carry a very strange taste regardless of flavour.

Man I love quest bars, cookies and cream is one of my faves. Smores in my new quest bar love though.

I love the cookies & cream one! The chocolate chip one taste amazing when heated for 4 seconds in the microwave.

The protein chips= disgusting.
  • Francl27
    Options
    I've been on a bit of a protein hype the past few weeks and was really looking around for some good bars and found Quest Bars, I bought the 'Cookies and Cream' and 'Double Chocolate Chunk'. They're horrible, they taste like artificial sweetener and salt, and I can never stomach more than half a bar in one sitting, I've found that they're more palatable when cold, although that means they're harsh on your teeth. But despite all that, they're really good for you, and not a bad (even if horrid tasting) filling snack for on the go.

I'm interested in trying the Quest Protein chips though, and have bought some BBQ flavoured ones which I'm still waiting on in the post. Fingers crossed they taste better than the bars, and also better than 'Protein Bites' by Novo which carry a very strange taste regardless of flavour.

Man I love quest bars, cookies and cream is one of my faves. Smores in my new quest bar love though.

I love the cookies & cream one! The chocolate chip one taste amazing when heated for 4 seconds in the microwave.

Haha I like the protein chips quite a bit actually.
    I just recently got into the Kodiak cakes waffle mixture. If you get the protein ones you can get 14g of protein in one serving! I add protein powder to mine for more protein! It's really good with walden farms zero calorie syrup!

I haven't tried with extra protein powder but I really like them too, but mostly with savory toppings. I typically stack them up with swiss cheese and ham in between and a fried egg on top. Or I make a bigger one and melt some cheeses in it. Basically I add toppings I would put in savory crepes and use it as such... So good. The Frontier buttermilk and honey mix is better with sweet toppings, but it has less protein obviously. I should try that one with protein powder...
    I've sold case after case after case of the Not Your Father's Root beer at my work. It's insane, the speed it flies off the shelf. It's pretty darn tasty but really sweet (pour it over ice, you won't regret it) so personally I've only had a few bottles in the few months we've had it. Awesome stuff though.

Luna protein bars are my new favorite snack to have at work. Good punch of protein and tastes indulgent. La Croix sparkling water is also my new obsession. The coconut and the peach-pear though. <3

The La Croix waters is what got me into flavored seltzer. I've been buying Wegmans store brand but peach-pear sounds amazing.
  • supersocks117
    supersocks117 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Sea-Salt-Caramel-Pint-500x653.png

Tried this. It was good but I thought it was very rich, I may do a half serving next time.
  • mallory_2014
    mallory_2014 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I am so jealous of all these things!!!! I can't get them in Canada :(
  • Francl27
    Options

Tried this. It was good but I thought it was very rich, I may do a half serving next time.

Love, love Talenti!
  • supersocks117
    supersocks117 Posts: 169 Member
    Options

Love, love Talenti!

I will definitely be trying other flavors :) And it makes the price tag a little better when I consider I could be satisfied with less of it at once.
  • Francl27
    Options

Love, love Talenti!

I will definitely be trying other flavors :) And it makes the price tag a little better when I consider I could be satisfied with less of it at once.

I buy it on sale honestly. Target has it at 2 for $7 right now and Shop Rite often has it for $2.88 if you have one around.

Some flavors are not great though (I think most people agree that oatmeal cookie and chocolate chip cookie dough are mediocre, the rest depends on your tastes).
  • spearmintskies
    spearmintskies Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Oh, the peach-pear is so, so choice.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options

I like the chips better than the bars.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Oh and Impulsive Buy twitted that the brownie batter oreos should hit the shelves next week, if not earlier. *fingers crossed*
  • Cynthiamr2015
    Cynthiamr2015 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I know everyone seams to be talking about food here but I found a neat little Cutting/Scales Board from Bed Bath & beyond. The cutting board/scale is named, "Fit & Fresh Cutting Board-White". Check it out on their website. :)
  • Francl27
    Options
    I know everyone seams to be talking about food here but I found a neat little Cutting/Scales Board from Bed Bath & beyond. The cutting board/scale is named, "Fit & Fresh Cutting Board-White". Check it out on their website. :)

That's pretty cool. Typically I just use a plate and my scale to cut veggies because I can just pop plates in the dishwasher instead of having to wash it by hand.