New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    dd3kx6lhhv5j.jpg

Um cotton candy...

Lol but I'd pick birthday cake or red velvet please. No more salted caramel it's so overdone and I feel like doughnut is just copying the oh yeah bars.

Lol they're all copied flavors.

The power bowl is why I don't trust 'healthy' processed food...
    Francl27 wrote: »
    dd3kx6lhhv5j.jpg

Um cotton candy...

Lol but I'd pick birthday cake or red velvet please. No more salted caramel it's so overdone and I feel like doughnut is just copying the oh yeah bars.

Lol they're all copied flavors.

The power bowl is why I don't trust 'healthy' processed food...

lol I know way to be original quest. Not very excited for any of those how about something no one has done like strawberry chocolate pistachio or chocolate pistachio or Boston creme pie or chocolate peanut butter pretzel cotton candy funnel cake etc

I would try the bday cake because i haven't found a bday cake bar I really really liked yet the ones I've had were just ok. B up has pretty good red velvet and every company and their mother has salted caramel.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited June 2017
    Options
    And I've had this before but I don't think I posted a review when they came out like a year ago but I bought them again because they were on sale and remembered how much I love them they taste like mini donuts and have almost like a birthday cake flavor. I almost like without milk because the crunch is nice and they are plenty good on their own. I just love how they look like mini donuts lol. Love how they are super sweet and desert like and not bad on the calories about 145 per cup but they are like a desert not cereal
    5zix9i56quxy.jpg
    02aboijnpazj.jpg
    yeocdda0wq9u.jpg
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Noosa is coming out with Noosa Mates

mapleginger1.png

bananachocolatepeanut1.png

honeypretzelpeanut1.png

coconutalmondchoc1.png

Oh man!!!!
  • leanitup123
    leanitup123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    bellaa_x0 wrote: »
    rz3y9ik8ytvn.jpg

just got these in the mail today

Not a fan of the ingredient profile of these bars.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    rz3y9ik8ytvn.jpg

Never saw these ! Can't wait for review
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Noosa is coming out with Noosa Mates

mapleginger1.png

bananachocolatepeanut1.png

honeypretzelpeanut1.png

coconutalmondchoc1.png

:o I need these in my life! I wonder how many calories!
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    rz3y9ik8ytvn.jpg

Never saw these ! Can't wait for review

When are you making the cotton candy protein bars? :') I'm dying over here in anticipation haha
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Now that I need^^

Annnnndddd, my local Wal-Mart doesn't carry it. :'( Amazon has it for $9.95 for 5 packets... :#

Yikes... I spent $1.98! Maybe try a different Walmart if it isn't too out of the way for you? They also had a coconut caffeinated one, but I didn't pick that one up since the caffeine in a regular coffee already affects me like crazy!

I can't find this. Local Walmart doesn't have it. Can't find on their website or on Amazon or on Borden Cremora's website. WTH :/
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    I want to try these.... there aren't really any good vegan "protein" chips out there... https://www.planetarians.com/shop-1/ I saw on amazon as "you would like these" hahaha. Going to write to company and ask for samples :wink:

@hgycta I am making them tomorrow I promise!! When I make some food for the week and prepare I plan to make I have everything ready on my counter!
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Siete-Grain-Free-Tortilla-Chips.jpg
    These are a newish product where I work. They're really good! (Except for the lime one, but I hate lime-flavored chips, so I'm not a fair judge -- everyone else loved them.) They're made with cassava, so they're paleo-friendly. Plus, avocado oil beats veggie oil any day for a boost of healthy fats!
  • luan7372
    luan7372 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    got these on special offer from Tesco last night- they are yum!
  • leanitup123
    leanitup123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Siete-Grain-Free-Tortilla-Chips.jpg
    These are a newish product where I work. They're really good! (Except for the lime one, but I hate lime-flavored chips, so I'm not a fair judge -- everyone else loved them.) They're made with cassava, so they're paleo-friendly. Plus, avocado oil beats veggie oil any day for a boost of healthy fats!

Got these at Whole Foods. Love the lime!
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    rz3y9ik8ytvn.jpg

These look so interesting. Would love to hear what you think!!

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Tried the mint protein coffee creamer in white hot chocolate.... oh... my... goodness.... I'm even more obsessed now. I bet it's just as good in protein shakes, oatmeal, and cream of wheat, without a doubt.
    pd7nhtc6wxml.jpg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Okay so I made the bars. I didn't use food coloring to make them look like cotton candy LOL so they didn't look very pretty. I added a few drops of some purple food coloring I had though because I thought would turn pink but didn't work so I ended up just mixing together and not doing the whole "swirl" thing in the instructions.

But the loranns flavoring.... 2/10 not very good would not recommend. Did NOT taste like cotton candy in my opinion it tasted like bubble gum, even smelled kind of like bubble gum. I hate bubble gum flavor. I was imagining it would taste like the sweet blue raspberry/strawberry cotton candy I am used to but it was way more bubble gum/butterscotch. I don't even know how to describe it other than it was not the cotton candy taste I am familiar with and would not buy again. Very sad because I was hoping this would be great to make other cotton candy products.

I have had their cinnamon roll flavoring that I've used to make my own cinnamon roll quest bars and actually thought they turned out better than quests, but did not like the cotton candy flavor.

I made 6 bars.
    I whisked dry:
    6 scoops of vanilla protein powder
    3 tsp loranns cotton candy flavoring
    3 tbsp vanilla almond butter
    180g vitafiber syrup
    I heated the IMO for 20 seconds and mixed it in.

each bar came to be 200 calories 23g protein

kbydekfmbhj7.jpg

My boyfriend loves bubble gum flavor so he said the bars were 9/10 and he said the taste was great and sweet like candy..... so I guess it depends if you like bubble gum.

I may try again tweaking the recipe a bit to get the flavor right. I am thinking I will maybe try with quest strawberry protein powder to give it a more cotton candy flavor or add some raspberry flavor. Or those awesome 0 cal flavorings I tried before (can't remember name but they came in small single serve packs) they had fruit loop flavoring and stuff I think would make it taste more like cotton candy.
  • HayItsRenee
    HayItsRenee Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Steamable cauliflower rice. Omg--the best. Also, Aldi store is pretty cheap and they have so many healthy & vegan patties and hummus as well. Kind of random, but I didn't eat nutritional yeast and finally bought it within the past year. And wow, that stuff is nutritious and flavorful!
  • HayItsRenee
    Options
    I know it's not super new--but I absolutely love most of the animal-free salads from Wawa. The quinoa salad--amazing. Also, there was some kind of Asian noodle salad that looked delicious. I usually cook everything from scratch, but I wouldn't mind buying it if in a hustle.
  • HayItsRenee
    Options
    Sorry for spamming but I forgot to mention another thing! At Aldi food, I found a pre-cooked quinoa w/ sriracha sauce mix. It's a decent serving, low calorie, and really tasty. For some reason i thought I had to microwave, but all you have to do is open and mix the flavors! Shelf-stable and delicious! :)