New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Ever since I got back from vacation I've been craving pints of ice cream each night but Shoprite hasn't had a sale yet on Halo Top or Enlightened. If anyone here is like me and needs ice cream as a motivator but also needs to stick to their budget, this tip might help you:
    Keep your empty ice cream pints (the transparent Enlightened or Talenti ones are my favorite). Next, find a low calorie container of ice cream on sale and buy it (this week and last week I've been using Turkey Hill since it's on sale at Shoprite for $2.50). While I don't trust myself with a large container of ice cream, each one has 12 servings, which each pint has 4 - 1/2 cup servings, so each large container has the potential to make three pints. I've made Neapolitan Frozen Yogurt Pints for 360 calories, Chocolate Marshmallow Pints for 440 calories, and Vanilla Light Ice Cream pints for 360 calories. Turkey Hill also has other no sugar added ice creams like Dutch Chocolate which I believe are around 70 calories a serving, making the pints 280 calories if you want something even lower in calories.
    Just thought I'd share it, I'm not sure how groundbreaking it is but I don't know why I've waited so long! You can do this with any brand and can also get creative mixing and matching the flavors or adding in your own toppings/swirls so it's already prepared for you! With the $2.50 sale, each pint comes out to only $0.84 each!!!!! I don't think I can fully give up Halo Top and Enlightened, but I'll definitely start doing more of these from now on!!!!
    9sc35v7iqmwi.jpg

I went to the Grocery Outlet & they have the Edy's Slow Churned Pumpkin Patch ice cream for $1.57 (it's expired, but still tastes fine) & for that price & for it being only 90 calories I bought two!

I had like 7 servings on Saturday (PMS time & it at least fit my maintenance calories).

I'll have to keep that pint trick you just shared in mind for the future. Right now I have Great Value Cotton Candy (I plan on making Cotton Candy creations with that, Herr's Cotton Candy puffs, & the Epic Cotton Candy spread), Breyers Birthday Cake, Edy's Cappuccino Chip Yogurt ice cream, & Turkey Hill Party Cake).

I did end up buying the Breyer's Cookies & Cream pint at Giant, but for $4.99 that will just be a one time thing unless I can find it cheaper once Wal-Mart starts to carry it. I can't justify $4.99 anymore when Wal-Mart is carrying Halo Top for $4.64. I might just buy Halo Top whenever I'm PMSing or every once in awhile since the price is pretty high for one pint & I can get ice cream cheaper at the Grocery Outlet or just buy whatever is on sale at the regular grocery stores.

I really liked the Breyer's Cookies & Cream pint & definitely loved it over Halo Top's boring cookie chunkless version. Of course when I went to spoon some of the ice cream out of the pint to shovel in my mouth I flung it on the floor.

I also really loved the Chocolate Almond Crunch Halo Top which surprised me since I didn't care for the plain Chocolate flavor.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Finally dug this out of the bottom of the freezer. It made me sad. :'( No cheesecake chunks, just mascarpone flavored custard base. The graham cracker was these weird little pellets. Some of them were soft, and some were crunchy, but they didn't taste like graham cracker. I actually had to read the ice cream description to figure out what they were. I want a buttery, salty, graham cracker swirl. Overall, the total flavor was very sweet, and not enough berry tartness to cut the sweet. (That didn't stop me from eating the whole pint last night, though. :# )

wje96xrocy39.jpg

I have higher hopes for this one...

htk0zbr5wdhp.jpg

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Breyers-Delights-Vanilla-Bean-Low-Fat-Ice-Cream.jpg?resize=599%2C404

Tried this one and the chocolate one (on sale at Acme at $2.88). No artificial taste for me so it's a winner... no fiber but I honestly don't know if it's a good or bad thing. Obviously still 90 calories a serving. I tried them on the way from the store so I guess they were out of the freezer for 15 minutes (and it's hot out)... texture was fine (but I've never really had any texture issue with light ice cream).
  • leanitup123
    leanitup123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Tried this one and the chocolate one (on sale at Acme at $2.88). No artificial taste for me so it's a winner... no fiber but I honestly don't know if it's a good or bad thing. Obviously still 90 calories a serving. I tried them on the way from the store so I guess they were out of the freezer for 15 minutes (and it's hot out)... texture was fine (but I've never really had any texture issue with light ice cream).

90 calories per serving but 3 servings per pint instead of 4. FYI.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options

I kinda like that tho. Less calories to worry about if I go crazy and eat the whole pint at one time when I only wanted a few spoonfuls and wasn't really planning on the extra calories. :) I also like it doesn't have fiber so I'll be on the lookout for the Breyer's. (They also have 100 calories cups so gonna look out for those too cuz OBVIOUSLY I need portion control. :))
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
  • Francl27
    Options

If at least most of them were good :(
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Sams-Choice-Lemon-Creme-Almonds-Milk-Chocolate-Triple-Dipped-Malt-Balls-and-Milk-Chocolate-Peanut-Butter-Peanuts.jpg?resize=598%2C362

The Lemon Creme Almonds taste like Froot Loops were crushed & rolled onto the almonds.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

I kinda like that tho. Less calories to worry about if I go crazy and eat the whole pint at one time when I only wanted a few spoonfuls and wasn't really planning on the extra calories. :) I also like it doesn't have fiber so I'll be on the lookout for the Breyer's. (They also have 100 calories cups so gonna look out for those too cuz OBVIOUSLY I need portion control. :))

It's not necessarily less calories than Halo Top though. It's 3 servings but those servings are 2/3 cup servings not 1/2 cup, so it still comes out to the same amount. I'm still not really sure how it's only 90 calories without fiber, seems like too many carbs, when I calculate the calories myself the number is much higher but maybe I'm missing something?

I finally tried the DD mocha oreos thanks to my boyfriend who picked up two packages XD he's obsessed and loved them, but just like the pop tarts version I hardly taste the coffee and it just tastes like chocolate to me unless I'm eating the cream by itself and really searching for the coffee. I won't get it again, not unless they have something a bit more coffee-forward. I'm sure my family would love it though, so that's a plus!
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options

I have to admit that I picked up the popcorn and the mini muffins.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options

Yeah. I'd rather just have an actual caramel than something caramel flavored.
  • leanitup123
    Options
    izomlb5cra20.jpg
  • leanitup123
    Options

It's not necessarily less calories than Halo Top though. It's 3 servings but those servings are 2/3 cup servings not 1/2 cup, so it still comes out to the same amount. I'm still not really sure how it's only 90 calories without fiber, seems like too many carbs, when I calculate the calories myself the number is much higher but maybe I'm missing something?

I finally tried the DD mocha oreos thanks to my boyfriend who picked up two packages XD he's obsessed and loved them, but just like the pop tarts version I hardly taste the coffee and it just tastes like chocolate to me unless I'm eating the cream by itself and really searching for the coffee. I won't get it again, not unless they have something a bit more coffee-forward. I'm sure my family would love it though, so that's a plus!

Idk how they can say 0g fiber when they use soluble corn fiber as an ingredient??
  • Francl27
    Options

Idk how they can say 0g fiber when they use soluble corn fiber as an ingredient??

Should probably add that 3 servings of 90 calories is... 270 calories, not 260 like the pint says.
  • _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    51bH2rXMwmL.jpg

4 oz 4 serving bags
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    51bH2rXMwmL.jpg

4 oz 4 serving bags

needs this as i devour a bag of skinny pop :D
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Three of my favorite things came together on this very day in my newsfeed.
    Cotton candy ice cream burrito.
    If it was also somehow a pancake it would have been all four. Maybe I'll get it and use it as layers for in between pancakes? xD
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanschocket2/theres-a-cotton-candy-ice-cream-burrito-and-people-are-like?bffbfood&utm_term=.inK22lvqN#.xqb00LzdJ

All you Canadians out there, ship me these on dry ice and I'll ship you as many Halo Top pints as you want XD
  • Mar225
    Mar225 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    The new Quest "hero" bars... chocolate caramel pecan one is AHHHHHMAZING...and blueberry cobbler! And it does NOT taste like the regular ones at all!
  • leanitup123
    Options
    Mar225 wrote: »
    The new Quest "hero" bars... chocolate caramel pecan one is AHHHHHMAZING...and blueberry cobbler! And it does NOT taste like the regular ones at all!

Heated up 10-15 seconds. YAS.