New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    So

5b6147bff44921f9_CCF_Celebration_Cheesecake_V2_LR.jpg

Yep, tasty, just not enough cheesecake flavor for the zillions of calories it probably has (can't find the info anywhere!).
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    I went to Shoprite to get that strawberry angel food cake I've been eyeing along with some more Halo Top (yes, they printed ANOTHER $2 off coupon!) and I noticed this. I don't chew gum often, but when I do it's that obnoxiously large wad of Cotton Candy Bubble Yum. I picked up a bottle and I'm hoping it's just as good, but I might wait a bit since I had a piece of Sugarfree gum yesterday and for whatever reason whenever I chew too much of it I get cravings like you wouldn't believe.... still, I am VERY excited mentos did this! I looooove mentos gum!
    g1ukvebe45uo.jpg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Bought these the chocolate are actually really good and only 10 calories per cracker !!! I would definitely buy both flavors again.

The onion were really nice and had a nice onion flavor. The cracker part was super airy and light but had a nice crunch to it. I dipped in salsa and hummus and was a great cracker for the amount of calories.

zqvqr6hpb1aj.jpg
    dyh47mp3g8yj.jpg
  • hgycta
    edited July 2017
    Options
    So I lied, I couldn't wait, I can never wait when it comes to cotton candy :')
    Overall, I'm not impressed. I love them because they're Mentos gum and they freshen my breath for not being mint flavored which I never really find with gum, but they're definitely not cotton candy. Both have a really refreshing cooling effect in the middle. I loved them despite the deception. Tastes like bubble gum flavored Extra gum, just a lot cooler feeling.

Pink: Tastes like bubble gum flavoring mixed with a Pepto Bismol taste. Surprisingly enjoyable but not cotton candy.
    Blue: Again, not cotton candy flavored. Maybe it's because I had it too close to trying the pink first, but it also tasted like some childish candy medicine. I think the pink was more overpowering than the blue, but there's no cotton candy flavor to be found in either one. I was really hoping for a blue raspberry/strawberry cotton candy, and neither of those were in these colors. :/
    ctxzx5nycboa.jpg
  • hgycta
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Just dug into the Breyer's Delights Creamy Chocolate Pint. Perhaps I'm biased because plain chocolate is one of my least favorite ice cream flavors, but this pint got boring and isn't something I'll get again. However, I think it will definitely appeal to those who do like chocolate, especially since, like the cookies & cream pint, it's tastes much closer to real ice cream than their other flavors (mint/vanilla). No bitter taste or artificial sweetness that I could detect. I appreciated the notes of dark cocoa (rather than being only milk chocolate), but it also sort of reminded me of chocolate pudding or those fudsicle original fudge pops. Don't get me wrong, they're good and I enjoy them every once in a great while, but I can get a box pretty cheap and they're not high in calories to begin with. I also feel like the texture in this pint was a little gummy.

As far as Breyer's Delights go, my personal ranking is: Cookies & Cream, Vanilla, Mint, Chocolate, but I frequently eat Halo Top/Enlightened. I feel the more popular ranking for those not used to erythritol will be: Cookies & Cream, Chocolate, Vanilla, Mint. I would love to see Breyer's take this chocolate base and do something more interesting with it, like peanut butter or brownie batter swirls.
    f9bl3fmdykpu.jpg
  • theresa961
    theresa961 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Love Flapjacked buttermilk pancake mix. I skip syrup and top with almond butter and sliced strawberries
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Overall, I'm not impressed. I love them because they're Mentos gum and they freshen my breath for not being mint flavored which I never really find with gum, but they're definitely not cotton candy. Both have a really refreshing cooling effect in the middle. I loved them despite the deception. Tastes like bubble gum flavored Extra gum, just a lot cooler feeling.

Pink: Tastes like bubble gum flavoring mixed with a Pepto Bismol taste. Surprisingly enjoyable but not cotton candy.
    Blue: Again, not cotton candy flavored. Maybe it's because I had it too close to trying the pink first, but it also tasted like some childish candy medicine. I think the pink was more overpowering than the blue, but there's no cotton candy flavor to be found in either one. I was really hoping for a blue raspberry/strawberry cotton candy, and neither of those were in these colors. :/
    ctxzx5nycboa.jpg

I too found that at Giant a few months ago & thought it had a slight Cotton Candy taste but not enough to buy it repeatedly.
  • hgycta
    Options
    *heavy breathing*
    lz829tv5nth7.jpg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options

ctxzx5nycboa.jpg

I hate how so many companies can't get the cotton candy flavor right. They seem to think it tastes like bubble gum.. :p
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    *heavy breathing*
    lz829tv5nth7.jpg

omg ...need to do some extra cardio so I can try these
  • hgycta
    Options
    *heavy breathing*
    lz829tv5nth7.jpg

omg ...need to do some extra cardio so I can try these

The one I really wanted to try the most was the apple fritter French-Toasted Donut but it's the highest calorie one go figure... 810 calories! If someone tries these (I pray someone does) please take a picture of the size and let me know if they're filling! 810 is so much but I might have to do it if it's good enough x3
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    *heavy breathing*
    lz829tv5nth7.jpg

Calories are not too awful. Might have to try one.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Bought these the chocolate are actually really good and only 10 calories per cracker !!! I would definitely buy both flavors again.

The onion were really nice and had a nice onion flavor. The cracker part was super airy and light but had a nice crunch to it. I dipped in salsa and hummus and was a great cracker for the amount of calories.

zqvqr6hpb1aj.jpg
    dyh47mp3g8yj.jpg

I love the rosemary ones.
  • _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    Options
    Has anybody tried the new Lays chips yet?
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Omg these were so good but 240 calories for it. Super salty and chocolatey. You could definitely taste the sweet and salty combo and it was delicious. Nice thick layer of chocolate on the bottom. 20562741_1509780722398537_2027675878_n.jpg?oh=a5f8bc4154a58b2ee0eebc7d1fea3140&oe=598263CE

Loved these and would buy again if they weren't so expensive. wasn't a fan of their other fig blueberry bars (or any flavo lol) but these are like blueberry nutrigrain bars but a little thicker which I loved.
    Very nice blueberry taste. 18010093_831905916956607_4638422707888078454_n.jpg?oh=57c3531285c0e08af1646b1fa8d54e38&oe=59EEE2A0

• debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    On the organic honey and oat blueberry bars- what are the macros?
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Just saw these at my local CVS I will be getting them thursday
    dlg2tmmh1nxh.jpg
  • hgycta
    edited August 2017
    Options
    OK, I love Halo Top and Enlightened and totally agree why everyone hates Arctic Zero especially when compared to them...
    BUT bear with me! I just picked up Arctic Zero's new-ish Peanut Butter Swirl pint in Shoprite today for the sake of trying a new flavor and it's a shame Arctic Zero has such a bad name preventing people from trying this one! Most of their pints are bland, I agree, but this one ROCKS. The vanilla base tastes like polish water ice I get when I go to the ocean while the peanut butter swirl (which is EVERYWHERE) has such a smooth, rich, slightly salty, and strong peanut butter flavoring reminiscent of peanut butter fudge or the inside of a Reese's that it's blowing me away. I'm a peanut butter addict and wasn't impressed with HT's chocolate peanut butter pint since I didn't pick up much on the peanut butter and wasn't crazy about Enlightened's peanut butter chocolate chip (not the chocolate peanut butter which is much better) for the same reason.
    This is the first and only time I'll ever say I would choose Arctic Zero over those brands. I say everyone should give Arctic Zero a chance with this one!
    dfkco80uhvfq.jpg

Also, I tried Sweet Earth's basil pesto lasagna tonight for dinner and really enjoyed it as well, although for 450 calories it wasn't too filling.
    6rs36egdoo3a.jpg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options

Loved these and would buy again if they weren't so expensive. wasn't a fan of their other fig blueberry bars (or any flavo lol) but these are like blueberry nutrigrain bars but a little thicker which I loved.
    Very nice blueberry taste. 18010093_831905916956607_4638422707888078454_n.jpg?oh=57c3531285c0e08af1646b1fa8d54e38&oe=59EEE2A0

So, what didn't you like about the blueberry fig bars? Was it the fig? Just asking because I love those but am interested in these as well, just trying to figure out what's different.

No it's funny because I really like fig newtons. I did like the blueberry dog ones but not enough to want to buy. I didn't like the blueberry taste to them it tasted fake blueberry these ones have a more sweet blueberry pie taste then and the honey and oat bar base compliments it well. I tried the chocolate cherry ones of the fig bars and didn't like the cherry flavoring taste. These were also lighter at 60 cal per bar (120 per package) and more like nutrigrain bars which I love!