New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    OK, I love Halo Top and Enlightened and totally agree why everyone hates Arctic Zero especially when compared to them...
    BUT bear with me! I just picked up Arctic Zero's new-ish Peanut Butter Swirl pint in Shoprite today for the sake of trying a new flavor and it's a shame Arctic Zero has such a bad name preventing people from trying this one! Most of their pints are bland, I agree, but this one ROCKS. The vanilla base tastes like polish water ice I get when I go to the ocean while the peanut butter swirl (which is EVERYWHERE) has such a smooth, rich, slightly salty, and strong peanut butter flavoring reminiscent of peanut butter fudge or the inside of a Reese's that it's blowing me away. I'm a peanut butter addict and wasn't impressed with HT's chocolate peanut butter pint since I didn't pick up much on the peanut butter and wasn't crazy about Enlightened's peanut butter chocolate chip (not the chocolate peanut butter which is much better) for the same reason.
    This is the first and only time I'll ever say I would choose Arctic Zero over those brands. I say everyone should give Arctic Zero a chance with this one!
    dfkco80uhvfq.jpg

Also, I tried Sweet Earth's basil pesto lasagna tonight for dinner and really enjoyed it as well, although for 450 calories it wasn't too filling.
    6rs36egdoo3a.jpg
    How many calories per pint arctic zero!? Your description reminds me of my favorite ice cream as a kid it was fools gold ice cream. Vanilla with peanut butter swirls through and it was delicious! Never seen this flavor arctic zero!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    debtay123 wrote: »
    On the organic honey and oat blueberry bars- what are the macros?

Not the best macros lol ejr1833dtppa.png
  • Kimblesnbits13
    Kimblesnbits13 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    OK, I love Halo Top and Enlightened and totally agree why everyone hates Arctic Zero especially when compared to them...
    BUT bear with me! I just picked up Arctic Zero's new-ish Peanut Butter Swirl pint in Shoprite today for the sake of trying a new flavor and it's a shame Arctic Zero has such a bad name preventing people from trying this one! Most of their pints are bland, I agree, but this one ROCKS. The vanilla base tastes like polish water ice I get when I go to the ocean while the peanut butter swirl (which is EVERYWHERE) has such a smooth, rich, slightly salty, and strong peanut butter flavoring reminiscent of peanut butter fudge or the inside of a Reese's that it's blowing me away. I'm a peanut butter addict and wasn't impressed with HT's chocolate peanut butter pint since I didn't pick up much on the peanut butter and wasn't crazy about Enlightened's peanut butter chocolate chip (not the chocolate peanut butter which is much better) for the same reason.
    This is the first and only time I'll ever say I would choose Arctic Zero over those brands. I say everyone should give Arctic Zero a chance with this one!
    dfkco80uhvfq.jpg

Also, I tried Sweet Earth's basil pesto lasagna tonight for dinner and really enjoyed it as well, although for 450 calories it wasn't too filling.
    6rs36egdoo3a.jpg

Since we seem to have the same taste buds, I'll definitely give this flavor of arctic zero a chance if i find it! Thanks for the review!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Bought these on a whim. I didn't follow the directions, just threw them in a shaker cup with cold coffee. So good, and so calorific! I didn't even realize until after I had them both that one packet was two servings. :o 360 calories!!! Good thing I'm carb-loading for competition this week.

fartb2wt5jgp.jpg
    f8ukkg25p7cd.jpg
  • leanitup123
    leanitup123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    uhgrxxdbdiba.png
  • catestevam
    catestevam Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Chobani Key Lime yogurt!
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    dfkco80uhvfq.jpg

6rs36egdoo3a.jpg
    How many calories per pint arctic zero!? Your description reminds me of my favorite ice cream as a kid it was fools gold ice cream. Vanilla with peanut butter swirls through and it was delicious! Never seen this flavor arctic zero!

300 calories, so it's not their lowest calorie pint but it's definitely worth it! It's so flavorful but again, it's not like ice cream. But it's DEFINITELY not that flavorless icy Arctic Zero most people (including myself) remember them as, it's a lot like TLC's polish water ice if you're fortunate enough to know what I'm talking about (so way better than sorbet, too)!!!!
    Ever since they announced their new flavors this has been the only pint I've been breaking my back to find, but I went to a Shoprite I never usually visit and they had it! I've also seen it in Wegmans, but I wasn't coming right home so I didn't want it to melt. They also released a cherry chocolate chunk and a rocky road trip that I wasn't planning on trying but now definitely will! I've seen the cherry one in Walmart, but like the peanut butter I haven't seen the rocky road anywhere. I'm assuming the rocky road will be my least favorite anyways, but I don't want to assume too much after being so surprised with this one o:
  • hgycta
    Options
    uhgrxxdbdiba.png

I just noticed that on their Facebook and was about to post about it.... didn't that flavor already get a makeover, or am I losing my mind? Is this ANOTHER one? Well, I must say I respect Halo Top for being so diligent about having the best tasting ice cream, as long as this "makeover" doesn't consist of lower quality ingredients like Quest's reformulation a while back.

Like last time, if the cookies & cream pint was always 320 calories how do we know if we're buying the newer/older pint? When will the new ones hit the shelves?
  • leanitup123
    leanitup123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    uhgrxxdbdiba.png

I just noticed that on their Facebook and was about to post about it.... didn't that flavor already get a makeover, or am I losing my mind? Is this ANOTHER one? Well, I must say I respect Halo Top for being so diligent about having the best tasting ice cream, as long as this "makeover" doesn't consist of lower quality ingredients like Quest's reformulation a while back.

Like last time, if the cookies & cream pint was always 320 calories how do we know if we're buying the newer/older pint? When will the new ones hit the shelves?

On shelves today. Not sure how to differentiate...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    uhgrxxdbdiba.png

Yes I'm quite sure they mentioned that they redid the flavor before already? I'm a bit confused.
  • hgycta
    Options
    I got an email that Flapjacked is having a 50% off sale today on their protein smoothie mixes. I'm torn whether or not I should do it, the shipping doesn't really make it something worth splurging on unless I ordered more than a 12 variety pack. Has anyone here tried these? I've never seen them before!
    cirb83vlzce7.png
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    dfkco80uhvfq.jpg

6rs36egdoo3a.jpg

Still have never found Enlightened's Chocolate Peanut Butter flavor :/.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Anyone brave enough to try this?

Great-Value-Tropickles.jpg?resize=506%2C600
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Nope. :s (I don't like fruit punch.)
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I love this thread so much. I've bought sugar free hazlenut nutiva (tastes just like nutella!) and tried the Quest Hero bars because of it, which were almost cloyingly sweet. I don't think I have anything new to contribute other than SuperSeeds cocoa joe pumpkin seeds = awesome. I've only found them on amazon though.
  • hgycta
    edited August 2017
    Options

I hate pickles and fruit punch so I'm definitely going to avoid this like the plague, but I was going through the comments on The Impulsive Buy and someone described them as being "pretty decent," which didn't sound convincing until they followed that by pointing out it was something they'd buy again... huh. If you like pickles and/or fruit punch I say you go for it!
    EDIT: I also just noticed JunkBanter reviewed these (http://junkbanter.com/2017/07/26/great-value-tropickles/) and also Lay's new chips!

Also, I got an email by the owner at Andrea's protein cakery today and she's working on making some individual serving protein cake mixes that can be microwaved, frosting, and protein marshmallow krispie treats similar to Enlightened's version. She asked to send me some samples to review so I'll be sure to post my thoughts here as well. In the past I wasn't that crazy about her products since they used a lot of pea protein, but she said this new formula got rid of that entirely! Fingers crossed I'll have a new cake to go to aside from Lil Buff Bakery!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I'd absolutely try those pickles.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Impulse purchased this beauty in the checkout line at Wegmans. OG Twix is like one of my top 3 candy bars, and this one was yummy, too. I wish they'd bring back the Triple Chocolate Twix, though. *lesigh* 10 years later and I still think about it.

twix-dark.jpg
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Bought these on a whim. I didn't follow the directions, just threw them in a shaker cup with cold coffee. So good, and so calorific! I didn't even realize until after I had them both that one packet was two servings. :o 360 calories!!! Good thing I'm carb-loading for competition this week.

fartb2wt5jgp.jpg
    f8ukkg25p7cd.jpg

I've been using the cotton candy mix & putting it into plain yogurt.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I'd absolutely try those pickles.

The Junk Banter review of this product is hilarious :D.