New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited August 2017
    While I wait for Halo Top or Enlightened to get on board (but also don't have the time to drive to Cold Stone) I think I finally found the perfect pint to fill that cotton candy ice cream void. I've been eyeing this brand at Shoprite but it never went on sale and they didn't have a pint size of this cotton candy, just the smaller cups.
    I found it in Safeway on sale for $3.99, about $2-4 cheaper than what Cold Stone would have cost! Tastes and looks the same, just with the addition of mini marshmallows. I'll be honest, I found the marshmallows a bit distracting and would have rather enjoyed a gritty/sticky marshmallow swirl instead, but I really can't complain. The mini marshmallows were the perfect texture (sort of reminded me of mochi)! 5/5 highly recommend. 200 calories for 1/2 cup (91g) so not too bad compared to other premium brands, but a similar serving (91g) of Cold Stone's cotton candy ice cream is 211 calories, so not a huge difference there.
    osbrvo29m8u8.jpg
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    hgycta wrote: »
    33102631336_5f6a318ba7_z.jpg?resize=502%2C640&ssl=1

This ice cream was amazing! The base was a little boring since it was vanilla, but the mix-ins more than made up for it. Tons of peanut butter swirl throughout (it was the peanut butter swirl that you can chew on) & tons of Peanut Butter Cookie Dough pieces.

Enlightened's Chocolate Peanut Butter pint has those peanut butter swirls you can chew on all throughout the pint (and they're THICK) which is why it's my favorite, but oh my goodness I can't imagine that AND peanut butter cookie dough pieces!!!! How many calories are in each serving? Were the peanut butter chunks thinner or more dense? I'm keeping my eyes peeled for this o.o

120 calories per 63 grams. The chunks were pretty huge.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    ylc6zlhh7twz.jpg

my love for pumpkin is out of control :D

Mine as well. I need those Kit Kats.
  • dfnr3ng175xb.png

I must have these.
  • hgycta
    My very first time trying cotton candy grapes (THEY'RE BACK AT WEGMANS)!!!! I picked up three bags expecting to like them so I could make up for lost times. They're AMAZING!!!! I saw something on Buzzfeed about Aldi's also selling them... can anyone confirm if this is true or not!?
    ai05lkwpq6au.jpg
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    I picked up more Sweet Earth products today! I got some BOGO coupons. I am trying the 'meat' lovers breakfast burrito, as well as the Pizza mac and cheese and Spanish Paella.

I also found out my local grocer is gonna get the new halo top soon! They had the rainbow and cinnamon bun, but I wasn't very excited for those. They were really nice and showed me that they even had the tags ready to go! They offered to call me as soon as the shipment of pancakes and waffles arrives. I am psyched!
  • TRI_CMDO
    TRI_CMDO Posts: 95 Member
    A toaster that can fry an egg at the same time
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited August 2017
    I tried those cotton candy grapes last year. My kids, who love cotton candy and who love grapes, didn't like them because they thought the whole experience of them was just weird. I was surprised, but they are funny about things being different.

I didn't expect to like them because I like my fruit with a bit of tartness to it, and wasn't surprised that I didn't really care for them. It is odd how they taste like cotton candy, though.
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    My very first time trying cotton candy grapes (THEY'RE BACK AT WEGMANS)!!!! I picked up three bags expecting to like them so I could make up for lost times. They're AMAZING!!!! I saw something on Buzzfeed about Aldi's also selling them... can anyone confirm if this is true or not!?
    ai05lkwpq6au.jpg

I had these two years ago and omg that first bite tastes so much like cotton candy. But after that, the more I ate the more it tasted like regular grapes. I'd still buy it again, but I haven't seen them this year.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    ai05lkwpq6au.jpg

Anyone look at Aldis?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Project-7-Fairytail-Fruit-Gourmet-Gum.jpg?resize=506%2C600

Did you try this @hgycta?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited August 2017
    If anyone finds these products let me know

Talenti-Pumpkin-Pie-Gelato-2017.jpg?resize=550%2C569

Giant used to get this limited edition flavor, but haven't been stocking it in a few years.

Kelloggs-Special-K-Limited-Edition-Pumpkin-Spice-Crunch-Cereal-2017.jpg?resize=435%2C600

I definitely need this cereal! I loved it last year (I usually hate Special K cereal since it's so boring).

Limited-Edition-Frosted-Pumpkin-Pie-Pop-Tarts-2017.jpg?resize=598%2C482

What do people think of these Pop-tarts?
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    edited August 2017
    @kellyjellybellyjelly I saw the pumpkin spice pop tarts last year at Walmart, didn't try them though.

This thread was pretty popular last fall, I'll leave it here for you ;)

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10439251/all-of-you-pumpkin-spice-aficionados/p1
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    I tried the pumpkin poptarts. They're okay, but nothing special. It does have a good pumpkin flavor, but I can't get over the blahhh crust. It's the same crust as what's on a strawberry pop tart. I tried them last year though so I'd be willing to try them again.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    I love the cotton candy Mentos gum, eat it every day. The red lime flavor is good too --if you like sour.

I tried the Green Giant cauliflower tater tots tonight. I don't know if they are particularly "healthy", but they're delicious. Froze food section.
  • hgycta
    edited August 2017
    Project-7-Fairytail-Fruit-Gourmet-Gum.jpg?resize=506%2C600

Did you try this @hgycta?

No, and I probably won't get around to it since I have at least seven opened packs of that gum in different seasonal flavors from last year still and really nothing about this flavor looks that unique except for the image of the unicorn which I think is overrated and irrelevant XD As much as I keep buying new gum flavors that catch my eye, I really don't chew it all that often haha they end up sitting around until all my friends end up eating them on me. Whatever they put in gum makes me have the worst cravings the next day for junk food so I try to limit how much I have anyways :p The only exception is Bubble Yum's Cotton Candy gum which doesn't bother me and hits that cotton candy craving (but again, it's not sugar free so I think that helps). It's weird, I can eat a bunch of diet products and be fine but not gum!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member

Limited-Edition-Frosted-Pumpkin-Pie-Pop-Tarts-2017.jpg?resize=598%2C482

What do people think of these Pop-tarts?

Can't buy them. Love them.
  • hgycta
    edited August 2017
    Arctic Zero had a $3 off 2 pints deal on Ibotta at Walmart so I picked up the Cherry Chocolate Chunk pint to try after being blown away by the Peanut Butter Swirl chunky pint. Unfortunately, I did not like it enough to repurchase (especially for the $4-5 price which never really goes on sale around me). Fortunately, it was still a lot better than the original flavors I remembered so it won't go to waste.
    I love Enlightened's Cherry flavor since it's very creamy and flavorful, but I don't like Halo Top's because I find it more icy and sort of bland. That's how this pint started - icy and bland. However, the more I dug down into it the more and more I found pieces of chocolate and cherries and texture became less of an issue. If I had to choose, I actually think I would buy this over Halo Top's cherry flavor because it had so many more mix-ins! That being said, I probably won't buy either brand's cherry flavor period.
    Arctic Zero's Peanut Butter Swirl is still my favorite and the only one I recommend. I have yet to try Rocky Road, but I can't even find it so if there's any brave souls out there let me know what you think of it! I'll hand it to Arctic Zero, they're making real improvement, but they still have a little ways to go with flavors like this one. Maybe I'm bias though with comparing them to dairy based ice creams since AZ claims it's lactose free, that problem runs in my family and I'm praying i get a few more years in before it strikes me too haha! Also, I should probably mention I'm not normally a huge cherry ice cream person. Why choose a cherry dessert to indulge in when there's more forbidden flavors? I never understood the whole fruit for dessert thing.
    5/5 for a chocolate cherry sorbet, 2.5/5 for a chocolate cherry ice cream.
    0usouggz902a.jpg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Arctic Zero had a $3 off 2 pints deal on Ibotta at Walmart so I picked up the Cherry Chocolate Chunk pint to try after being blown away by the Peanut Butter Swirl chunky pint. Unfortunately, I did not like it enough to repurchase (especially for the $4-5 price which never really goes on sale around me). Fortunately, it was still a lot better than the original flavors I remembered so it won't go to waste.
    I love Enlightened's Cherry flavor since it's very creamy and flavorful, but I don't like Halo Top's because I find it more icy and sort of bland. That's how this pint started - icy and bland. However, the more I dug down into it the more and more I found pieces of chocolate and cherries and texture became less of an issue. If I had to choose, I actually think I would buy this over Halo Top's cherry flavor because it had so many more mix-ins! That being said, I probably won't buy either brand's cherry flavor period.
    Arctic Zero's Peanut Butter Swirl is still my favorite and the only one I recommend. I have yet to try Rocky Road, but I can't even find it so if there's any brave souls out there let me know what you think of it! I'll hand it to Arctic Zero, they're making real improvement, but they still have a little ways to go with flavors like this one. Maybe I'm bias though with comparing them to dairy based ice creams since AZ claims it's lactose free, that problem runs in my family and I'm praying i get a few more years in before it strikes me too haha! Also, I should probably mention I'm not normally a huge cherry ice cream person. Why choose a cherry dessert to indulge in when there's more forbidden flavors? I never understood the whole fruit for dessert thing.
    5/5 for a chocolate cherry sorbet, 2.5/5 for a chocolate cherry ice cream.
    0usouggz902a.jpg

WOW last time I bought the texture looked completely different. It really does look like they are making differences. I will have to try again because there is a nice coupon for 1.50 off them on ibotta :smile: