New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    lisaepell wrote: »
    unru28pzvegn.png

These look interesting

I love these!!! I currently have 3 boxes in my freezer (already finished one). The pumpkin ice cream isn't overwhelming and the cones are yummy. These are a total 10/10 for me. I look forward to them every year!

I am getting next time I go! I have been craving a waffle cone for the past few weeks for some strange reason so these sound particularly good.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Where I’m at in Florida has Publix AND Trader Joe’s, two stores I NEVER see at home! Went to both today; Publix didn’t have any new Enlightened’s (but the store manager said he would be ordering some), but at Trader Joe’s I saw this... pretty tempting! Has anyone tried it?
    ptn884diju9m.jpeg
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Not usually a fan of tofu noodles but wow these had absolute no smell at all and don’t need to be refrigerated ! I liked these a lot in my stir fry. They were way better than the other ones I’ve tried in the plastic bags. It’s been awhile since I had tofu noodles though so maybe all have improved since then, lol. Much less chewy than ones I've had before. I used to feel like I had to swallow the noodles whole, but not these. us.v-g1arqyuti0ps.jpeg

I have a box of each in my fridge too. Gonna compare to the ones I currently use. Also, I dont notice any weird smell or texture is the ones i currently use. As long as you think of these are rice noodles and not pasta.

Just bought some...looking forward to trying them!

6xrxcb5z9o6u.jpg

I liked the spaghetti variety the best! Make sure to cook them extra long when you add them to your stir fry or before adding to your dish, that is the key. It gets rid of all of the chewiness and gives them a better texture. I cook them extra long with some cooking spray like 10-15 minutes until they dry out because they taste the best like that. :smile: Sometimes I cut them up before cooking because it makes it easier to evenly distribute them among the veggies.

Thanks for the cooking tips
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,846 Member
    Options
    8yg5od3i7jr5.jpg

I don't know if anyone's posted about this yet, but I had a feeling this was a bad idea before buying it. The onions started burning before anything else even started browning. Some of the larger brussels sprouts were okay, but the smaller ones were mushy. The butternut squash was nothing but mush. I guess if someone could only eat soft foods this would be a good idea. :D
  • emcclure013
    emcclure013 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Where I’m at in Florida has Publix AND Trader Joe’s, two stores I NEVER see at home! Went to both today; Publix didn’t have any new Enlightened’s (but the store manager said he would be ordering some), but at Trader Joe’s I saw this... pretty tempting! Has anyone tried it?
    ptn884diju9m.jpeg

I haven't tried it myself, but a coworker warned me that it's SUPER sweet. I like sweet things, but she said it was almost sickeningly so. Apparently it's really good in milk (like chocolate milk, but with coffee instead). Might have to give it a try!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »
    8yg5od3i7jr5.jpg

I don't know if anyone's posted about this yet, but I had a feeling this was a bad idea before buying it. The onions started burning before anything else even started browning. Some of the larger brussels sprouts were okay, but the smaller ones were mushy. The butternut squash was nothing but mush. I guess if someone could only eat soft foods this would be a good idea. :D

I'm not one of the people who manage to roast frozen veggies and not make them mushy lol.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    8yg5od3i7jr5.jpg

I'm not one of the people who manage to roast frozen veggies and not make them mushy lol.

Because its not possible really.

I've found if you roast in 425-450 degrees, and open to let the steam/moisture out every 8-10 minutes it helps a lot.
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,846 Member
    Options
    Raynne413 wrote: »
    8yg5od3i7jr5.jpg

I've found if you roast in 425-450 degrees, and open to let the steam/moisture out every 8-10 minutes it helps a lot.

I don't think anything could've helped that butternut squash. :D I'll just be sticking to fresh vegetables from now on for roasting.
  • josette06
    josette06 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I need to rave about the Schmidt's 647 bread. 40 calories a slice and the best low calorie bread I've found. Most "diet" breads are either too dense and chewy, or so paper thin that it's like eating air. Not this one. The slices are big and hearty, and taste just as good as the real deal. If you can find this stuff, you'll be hooked, I promise. I found mine at Shop Rite.

It seems to only be available in the mid-Atlantic. I love the Italian kind. So soft. Aldi has a similar bread as well for everyone not fortunate to live in this part of the USA, but the macros are slightly different. Still 40 calories for 28g and soft.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    I need to rave about the Schmidt's 647 bread. 40 calories a slice and the best low calorie bread I've found. Most "diet" breads are either too dense and chewy, or so paper thin that it's like eating air. Not this one. The slices are big and hearty, and taste just as good as the real deal. If you can find this stuff, you'll be hooked, I promise. I found mine at Shop Rite.

I saw this bread before but never really noticed it or even looked at the macros! Thanks for letting us know it is good. I'll buy it next time because I have been getting sick of my usual sara lee 45 calorie one and like that they have italian flavor :smile: .
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Raynne413 wrote: »
    8yg5od3i7jr5.jpg

I don't think anything could've helped that butternut squash. :D I'll just be sticking to fresh vegetables from now on for roasting.

I've done frozen veggies in the toaster oven and it worked okay. I microwaved them first, then seasoned, sprayed with cooking spray and put in the toaster oven under the "toast" option.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options

I love that bread!!! I’ve also seen it in Walmart! I didn’t realize it was low calorie either until I went to log it one time after seeing my dad bought it a couple months ago! Personally I do like the thin slim breads more because I enjoy how they’re chewier/more filling, but you’re right, the slices are MUCH more like the real deal and you’d never know it was “diet” bread!
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    josette06 wrote: »

It seems to only be available in the mid-Atlantic. I love the Italian kind. So soft. Aldi has a similar bread as well for everyone not fortunate to live in this part of the USA, but the macros are slightly different. Still 40 calories for 28g and soft.

I'm in NY and hadn't seen it anywhere else but my local Shop Rite. It's amazing and I hope they never stop carrying it.
  • skelterhelter
    Options

I saw this bread before but never really noticed it or even looked at the macros! Thanks for letting us know it is good. I'll buy it next time because I have been getting sick of my usual sara lee 45 calorie one and like that they have italian flavor :smile: .

It's excellent! I think you'll be pleased. The only low calorie bread I enjoyed before this was the Sara Lee Butter Bread and Aldi's Fit and Active (which is still only mediocre to me. Good enough but not blowing me away. I just don't really enjoy multigrain bread all that much). The 647 white bread is incredible.
  • skelterhelter
    Options

I love that bread!!! I’ve also seen it in Walmart! I didn’t realize it was low calorie either until I went to log it one time after seeing my dad bought it a couple months ago! Personally I do like the thin slim breads more because I enjoy how they’re chewier/more filling, but you’re right, the slices are MUCH more like the real deal and you’d never know it was “diet” bread!

Yes, I heard it was at Walmart too but never saw it in one around here. I lucked out with Shop Rite. They better not discontinue or I'll be pissed! Lol
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

Yes, I heard it was at Walmart too but never saw it in one around here. I lucked out with Shop Rite. They better not discontinue or I'll be pissed! Lol

I think Walmart might have it on a special displayer either neither the bread or in the bakery?
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    If anyone really likes pumpkin pie, the seasonal pumpkin pie blizzard at DQ is fantastic! Lots of pieces of real pie in it 😋