New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• jenn_zimm
    jenn_zimm Posts: 57 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    OK, I'm in utter amazement right now. Halo Top's Chocolate Covered Banana pint is actually my favorite out of all their new flavors (well, I still have rainbow swirl to try)! The caramel macchiato was FANTASTIC and a close second, but this one is a lot better than I expected! Normally I'm not a big fan of banana flavored products, but this tastes like Banana Split flavored Dippin Dots (my favorite by them)! I'm glad I waited until tomorrow to go back to Shoprite, I thought I was pushing my luck by getting two but I guess I didn't push it far enough I'm obsessed! 10/10. I always loved when the Dippin Dots started to melt a little and clump together on the spoon, so as this got even softer I made the connection immediately. @pancakerunner I can't believe you didn't push this flavor harder! They could've called it banana pudding, banana split, whatever they want, it's phenomenal and there isn't a single thing I would change. I'm so glad my favorite ended up being one of their lower calorie pints, too! I really don't taste any erythritol or stevia in this, it's one of their most well-balanced pints, another plus.
    ui4ygoofibez.jpg

Also, I had this weird urge today to put these cotton candy pop rocks (34 calories) I had sitting on hand in my white hot chocolate (80 calories). I love the flavor of pop rocks, but not the actual pop (I know that defeats the purpose). Surprisingly, it didn't explode when I mixed it. It's really good! Solid cotton candy flavored hot chocolate for only 114 calories!
    p1jy0tgwybm2.png
    izhnney0dlou.png

YES. Personally I love this flavor but it is always hard telling what people's tastes are... I love it mixed with the Strawberry. Is that weird? Totally feel the banana split vibes.

I swear my brain made me taste strawberry because everything else about it was like Banana Split! Even the creaminess reminded me of whipped cream haha I can't imagine how it's possible for anyone not to like this flavor, I really wish I would have tried it sooner! It's so weird how it's always the flavors you don't expect to like that wind up driving you crazy!

i hadn't planned on trying that one because i thought it sounded weird - i can't believe i didn't think of the banana split angle! definitely going to pick up a pint to try!
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    OK, I'm in utter amazement right now. Halo Top's Chocolate Covered Banana pint is actually my favorite out of all their new flavors (well, I still have rainbow swirl to try)! The caramel macchiato was FANTASTIC and a close second, but this one is a lot better than I expected! Normally I'm not a big fan of banana flavored products, but this tastes like Banana Split flavored Dippin Dots (my favorite by them)! I'm glad I waited until tomorrow to go back to Shoprite, I thought I was pushing my luck by getting two but I guess I didn't push it far enough I'm obsessed! 10/10. I always loved when the Dippin Dots started to melt a little and clump together on the spoon, so as this got even softer I made the connection immediately. @pancakerunner I can't believe you didn't push this flavor harder! They could've called it banana pudding, banana split, whatever they want, it's phenomenal and there isn't a single thing I would change. I'm so glad my favorite ended up being one of their lower calorie pints, too! I really don't taste any erythritol or stevia in this, it's one of their most well-balanced pints, another plus.
    ui4ygoofibez.jpg

Also, I had this weird urge today to put these cotton candy pop rocks (34 calories) I had sitting on hand in my white hot chocolate (80 calories). I love the flavor of pop rocks, but not the actual pop (I know that defeats the purpose). Surprisingly, it didn't explode when I mixed it. It's really good! Solid cotton candy flavored hot chocolate for only 114 calories!
    p1jy0tgwybm2.png
    izhnney0dlou.png

YES. Personally I love this flavor but it is always hard telling what people's tastes are... I love it mixed with the Strawberry. Is that weird? Totally feel the banana split vibes.

I swear my brain made me taste strawberry because everything else about it was like Banana Split! Even the creaminess reminded me of whipped cream haha I can't imagine how it's possible for anyone not to like this flavor, I really wish I would have tried it sooner! It's so weird how it's always the flavors you don't expect to like that wind up driving you crazy!

Random but I think HT needs a bubblegum flavor... haha. And I agree about the flavors that catch you by surprise. Could just be the placebo effect!

I don't know... maybe it's just me but I really don't like bubble gum flavored stuff it reminds me of medicine xP
    jenn_zimm wrote: »
    ui4ygoofibez.jpg

p1jy0tgwybm2.png
    izhnney0dlou.png

i hadn't planned on trying that one because i thought it sounded weird - i can't believe i didn't think of the banana split angle! definitely going to pick up a pint to try!

I thought the same thing, I don't like chocolate dipped bananas so I thought it would taste like that but I LOVE banana split flavored stuff so I'm glad I tried it anyways!!
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Tried Starbucks' maple pecan latte. All I tasted was steamed milk, espresso, and only a faint note of something sweet. Nothing about it reminded me of maple or pecan. Very big disappointment and waste of over $5 and 340 calories... I could have used that on another caramel macchiato halo top pint! Next time my priorities will be in the right place.
    e0wo8hw2088z.jpg

Agreed! Even the barista said she didn't care for it ;)
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    ui4ygoofibez.jpg

p1jy0tgwybm2.png
    izhnney0dlou.png

Random but I think HT needs a bubblegum flavor... haha. And I agree about the flavors that catch you by surprise. Could just be the placebo effect!

I don't know... maybe it's just me but I really don't like bubble gum flavored stuff it reminds me of medicine xP
    jenn_zimm wrote: »
    ui4ygoofibez.jpg

p1jy0tgwybm2.png
    izhnney0dlou.png

I thought the same thing, I don't like chocolate dipped bananas so I thought it would taste like that but I LOVE banana split flavored stuff so I'm glad I tried it anyways!!

I cant stand anything flavored bubble gum. I don't even like bubble gum flavored gum LOL. Someone posted about those unicorn protein bars on here and funny when i went on facebook a popup to get free sample came up so I will be trying those. There wasn't a link to it though or else I would share.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I've given up looking for the new Halo flavors.

I was like a kid in the candy store today when I went to the Grocery Outlet & bought nine pints of Ben & Jerry's Confetti Cake ice cream.

I was shocked to even find that ice cream considering it was a limited batch to Wal-Mart last December/January.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
  • pistolmcclain
    pistolmcclain Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Halo Top ice cream (oatmeal cookie flavor) and Kodiack pancakes are amazing! Both are packed with protein and have great flavor!
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options

You guys all know me too well. Those look AMAZING. Please report back if you find them and try it!!!!

@pancakerunner DANG IT it happened again! I went to Shoprite today to pick up more chocolate banana and caramel macchiato Halo Top and they were sold out of Chocolate Banana so I settled for the older flavors, but I'm trying the new Rainbow Swirl now (which I had originally only bought one of assuming I'd like it the least) and I LOVE IT! I should have gotten some while I was there! Dx I normally don't care for sorbet or anything, but it wasn't icy, it was really creamy like actual ice cream and had such an appealing, sweet fruity taste closer to TLC's Polish Water Ice! If you're associated with Halo Top in any way, which I'm praying you are, please use whatever you did for this base if you try executing a Cotton Candy flavor. I love how it's lighter but so flavorful! 10/10. Might actually be one of my new favorites above Chocolate Banana even... wow. Even though there aren't swirls it just never gets boring! I can;t believe I'm saying this but I MIGHT end up buying this over the salted caramel or cookies & cream I like it that much...

efhw64zz9xv9.jpg

For everyone else, it tastes just like these things (but a little better) if you remember them XD
    wohoptjptiu9.png

@hgycta YES. This flavor tastes exactly like a Push-Pop! Nowhere near my favorite flavor though... My top 5 are still Mint Chip, Black Cherry, Chocolate, PB Cup and Mocha Chip...
  • hgycta
    edited October 2017
    Options
    So I guess ThinSlim Foods is trying to copy SmartCakes now with their new "Cloud Cakes"? It's been a while since I've ordered Smart Cakes, but they are clearly the winner here.
    ThinSlim Foods' version is not only more expensive ($5 for a pack of two) but the artificial alcohol taste is so overpowering and unappetizing! The texture is also horrible. It's tolerable out of the fridge (don't microwave) but it's like eating a wet sponge or wet paper; it's oddly really moist while also feeling dry. Smart Cakes is more affordable, has a better flavor (plus more cinnamon), and MUCH better texture. I regret also getting ThinSlim's pumpkin version of these... yikes.
    bcjsv6p08xi5.jpg
    1auiavsagfma.jpg
    11v5v1qwulfr.jpg
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Walmart has Angie's Boom Chicka Pop in Pumpkin Spice Drizzle & Candy Corn. I bought three bags of the Candy Corn.

I went back to Grocery Outlet & bought the rest of the Confetti Cake ice creams. 17 ice cream pints in total!

It doesn't go bad until February & I couldn't pass up the deal on one of my favorite ice creams.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Found at Grocery Outlet $1.99 a box

fruttareUS_product_banana.png

Not bad! I decided to get a few boxes of novelties/bars for days I don't have enough calories to eat ice cream & for 80 calories a bar this definitely kills the sweet cravings. Even with having two it's only 160 calories.

The bar has a creamy milk texture & a few banana chunks throughout the bar.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I finally found the new chocolate banana flavor halo top and you guys did not praise it enough- so YUMMY!!!
  • hgycta
    Options
    Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to buy this because I wasn't going straight home but looks like Breyer's Delights has even more new flavors hiding at Target!!!
    b1rgdhfx398w.jpg
  • hgycta
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Icon Meals just announced new protein cookies on their Instagram. I LOVE their power popcorn, but I'm always skeptical when it comes to protein cookies. I'm a bit disappointed with how unique their popcorn concept was they did something so generic as protein cookies, I would have loved to see something new like power fudge, power cotton candy, power meringues or something XD
    5my104fw3bnc.png
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    5gf5xpdd0kd4.jpg
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I bought a couple of Stokes Purple Sweet Potatoes at WFM because they had a display and they looked cool.

Just cooked one and hoooooly crap, I'm gonna need more. These are amazing. I want to make all the things with them.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Icon Meals just announced new protein cookies on their Instagram. I LOVE their power popcorn, but I'm always skeptical when it comes to protein cookies. I'm a bit disappointed with how unique their popcorn concept was they did something so generic as protein cookies, I would have loved to see something new like power fudge, power cotton candy, power meringues or something XD
    5my104fw3bnc.png
    Same in getting kind of sick of all the protein cookies I think the fads on its way out lol