New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Finally found these and tried them and really enjoyed them ! Very nice gingerbread flavor almost like the gingerbread clif bar. Very strong ginger flavor and quite sweet. Very nice treat for only 90 calories. Next time I’ll try it warmed up. Would definitely buy again. The gingerbread flavor was on point and they were so nice and soft like a cookie. .jy8k1firwc3u.jpeg
    c9obrjzu0q5n.png

Thanks for the review! Will have to keep a lookout for this.

Was it better than the crunchy Gingerbread bar (I think from Kashi)?

Never had crunchy one from Kashi are you thinking nature valley ? I like better than nature valley and clif gingerbread. (I prefer soft to crunchy bars) They are a good size for 90 calories and really have a perfect seeet gingerbread flavor. Not super super spicy strong like the clif one is.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options

:)

I just saw it on my News Feed on Facebook and was coming here to tag you and bug you for more information, of course you'd beat us all to it though ;)
    Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for those who live near this scoop shop. For the rest of us not in California (and me in Maryland which is on the other side of the country entirely), this doesn't do much if that's all this announcement is about. I LOVE soft serve ice cream (especially the vanilla/chocolate swirl as pictured), but if there's not at least one new flavored pint I'm going to be disappointed. I know one scoop shop probably means many more to come, but they couldn't come soon enough :/ But new pint flavor > scoop shop. It's harder to binge watch movies in your pajamas while eating Halo Top when you're out in public. Unless... a Halo Top ice cream machine so we can turn our pints into soft serve similar to how the Keurig turns K Cups into coffee? Hey, it doesn't hurt to dream!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited November 2017
    Options
    dj5zb0ckciok.jpeg
    05de52bbq4zg.jpeg
    ydec82dawao8.jpeg
    mrwqdg8nxg8q.jpeg
    IMG_3030.jpg
    hyL5zM0CTuCY._UX970_TTW_.png

Got these to try and WOW! Very impressed. I loved how some were in big chunks like cookies and some were crumbled. I just ate them all plain. I liked how the come in individual serving packs because they were soooo good it was too easy to eat more than 1 small serving lol.

My absolute favorite was the chocolate peanut butter it was like salted peanut butter cookie dough. I expected these to be like granola but they are basically like crumbled cookies. The salted peanut butter had the perfect balance of sweet and salty and I am a huge sweet and salty fan. I’ve never had something like these very unique. Like in between cookie and granola is the only way I can explain. Surprised I have never heard of this brand before.

I felt like I was eating peanut butter cookie dough and ended up eating 600 calories worth 4 servings they were so good lol. I love how some of them are smaller and crispier and other chunks are more cookie like. The salt really made it though. Like salted creamy pb cookie dough.

The banana cinnamon chip was my second favorite. It has real banana chips in it which I absolutely loved. I liked how there were chips instead of just banana flavor. It really gave a nice crunch and texture and banana chips are just fantastic. Loved the pecan flavor and cinnamon. Perfect flavor combo.

The coconut almond was my least favorite. I wasn’t crazy about because it had almond extract and I hate almond extra t flavor in things. I loveeee almonds but not the extract. That’s why I hate almond flavored Dunkin bagged coffees.

The lemon was actually VERY good. I was surprised because I usually don’t like lemon flavored baked goods but maybe my tastes have changed because I also liked the lemon cookies I tried awhile ago lol. Loved the lemon flavor did not taste fake at all and had perfect amount of sour and sweet balance. Loved the cashews and dried blueberries.

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,599 Member
    Options
    vnb_208 wrote: »

Is this an ad for their store opening in LA finally???? WHEN IS THAT HAPPENING?

Nov 15th and free ice cream that day

"On Wednesday, Nov. 15, Halo Top will open the doors to its first brick-and-mortar store, a shop fittingly ensconced in the Westfield Topanga Mall, in Canoga Park, California. It'll serve seven classic Halo Top ice cream flavors — vanilla bean, cinnamon roll, pancakes and waffles, red velvet, caramel macchiato, sea salt caramel, and chocolate chip cookie dough — as well as soft serve. Vanilla and chocolate are on the menu, but the shop will also offer strawberry and birthday cake flavors."

http://www.delish.com/food-news/news/a56543/halo-top-soft-serve-ice-cream-shop/

Dammit, that's when my boss gets back from his vacation so I can't leave early.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »

I just saw it on my News Feed on Facebook and was coming here to tag you and bug you for more information, of course you'd beat us all to it though ;)
    Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for those who live near this scoop shop. For the rest of us not in California (and me in Maryland which is on the other side of the country entirely), this doesn't do much if that's all this announcement is about. I LOVE soft serve ice cream (especially the vanilla/chocolate swirl as pictured), but if there's not at least one new flavored pint I'm going to be disappointed. I know one scoop shop probably means many more to come, but they couldn't come soon enough :/ But new pint flavor > scoop shop. It's harder to binge watch movies in your pajamas while eating Halo Top when you're out in public. Unless... a Halo Top ice cream machine so we can turn our pints into soft serve similar to how the Keurig turns K Cups into coffee? Hey, it doesn't hurt to dream!

From Project NOSH:

"Halo Top also plans to sell ice cream sandwiches made with vegan, high-protein cookies and ice cream waffle-cone “tacos” — both of which mark the pint producer’s first novelty products. A company spokesperson told NOSH the novelties will remain a scoop shop exclusive and not move into traditional retail. While the brand currently does not have plans to sell its pints in the shop, that may also be reevaluated in the future."
  • hgycta
    edited November 2017
    Options

From Project NOSH:

"Halo Top also plans to sell ice cream sandwiches made with vegan, high-protein cookies and ice cream waffle-cone “tacos” — both of which mark the pint producer’s first novelty products. A company spokesperson told NOSH the novelties will remain a scoop shop exclusive and not move into traditional retail. While the brand currently does not have plans to sell its pints in the shop, that may also be reevaluated in the future."

For as much as I love Halo Top you'd think I would know they don't sell frozen novelties but honestly I had no clue. I've never been that crazy about ice cream bars or sandwiches since I think it's too distracting from the actual ice cream, but heck if they make their own high protein cookies or waffles I might just take them apart to enjoy separately, that doesn't sound too bad!

Also, I got sent samples of this ice cream mix from The Curious Creamery. I know someone here had previously reviewed it a while back; I got strawberry, vanilla, and chocolate. Tonight I decided to try the strawberry made with half a cup of unsweetened almond milk (415 calories for the entire pint) without any mix-ins so I could assess the taste before mixing in stuff and going crazy. I gave it a 10/10 and even my parents loved it! We all agree it tastes JUST like Neapolitan astronaut freeze dried ice cream, which I have always been obsessed with so I will definitely be getting more of these! If anyone knows any good cotton candy flavorings out there please let me know; I might use cotton candy pop rocks... I would use that amazing cotton candy frappe mix at Walmart if it wasn't so many calories! Until I find a cotton candy flavoring I'm going to test out all my favorite exotic McCormick extracts; I have purple ube and buco pandan and I use them when I make Lil Buff Bakery's protein cakes or hot chocolate but I know they're going to be fantastic in ice cream! I LOOOOOVE taro and the purple ube is as close to taro ice cream as I'm getting until I have time to drive out to an Asian market again haha :p

de42glu1hnmh.jpeg
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I tried the Korean style sweet chilli chicken. It was good, but very small. 260 calories, so not bad in that department, but it did not fill me up.
    saffron.jpg
  • hgycta
    Options
    arya8 wrote: »
    I tried the Korean style sweet chilli chicken. It was good, but very small. 260 calories, so not bad in that department, but it did not fill me up.
    saffron.jpg

I LOVE their enchiladas because of the oaxaca cheese, it's so rich and smooth! I'm actually really excited they use it in the Mexican inspired bowls, I will be keeping an eye out! It's a shame it wasn't more filling though :/
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    arya8 wrote: »
    saffron.jpg

I LOVE their enchiladas because of the oaxaca cheese, it's so rich and smooth! I'm actually really excited they use it in the Mexican inspired bowls, I will be keeping an eye out! It's a shame it wasn't more filling though :/

I tried that enchilada after you wrote that review and I agree, it is soooo good! I will be looking out for the verde bowl. I can't remember if they had it at my store.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Birthday-Cake-Dairy-Free-Ice-Cream-Pint.png
    This just came in where I work and I love it! It may not be high in protein like Halo Top, but it is super-creamy and only 130 calories per serving! It's also got a pretty good amount of cookie dough, chocolate chips, and cake chunks in it, and everything in it is gluten free. It's not jam-packed like SO Delicious is, but it is lower-calorie, and there are more chunks than in Halo Top, so I find it to be an acceptable amount.

81nB%2B1ok%2BIL._SY355_.jpg
    Picked this up at Vitamin Shoppe the other day. The vanilla-butter taste comes across as a little artificial to me, and the texture is a little weird (it borders between gummy and gritty, I guess because of the whey protein and ground-up almond skins) but I like it overall. I'd buy it again.

69153.jpg
    I don't know the macros on this since the package didn't have any, but I LOVE this! I've wanted uncured bologna for YEARS, and I finally found this! It's got a pretty good spice to it, which is different from the blandness that I'm used to from bologna, but I really like it here. It's also thin-sliced, so it's perfect for making Punchable-style cracker sandwiches with.

Also, I found the Candy Bar Halo Top kind of disappointing. It wasn't super-chocolatey, or super-peanuty, or super-caramely at all. It just came off as really bland to me overall, kind of how their Chocolate Peanut Butter one did. The Rainbow one is definitely my favorite out of all of the new flavors! Well, out of the ones that I'm able to eat, anyway.
  • Kimblesnbits13
    Kimblesnbits13 Posts: 369 Member
    Options

From Project NOSH:

For as much as I love Halo Top you'd think I would know they don't sell frozen novelties but honestly I had no clue. I've never been that crazy about ice cream bars or sandwiches since I think it's too distracting from the actual ice cream, but heck if they make their own high protein cookies or waffles I might just take them apart to enjoy separately, that doesn't sound too bad!

Also, I got sent samples of this ice cream mix from The Curious Creamery. I know someone here had previously reviewed it a while back; I got strawberry, vanilla, and chocolate. Tonight I decided to try the strawberry made with half a cup of unsweetened almond milk (415 calories for the entire pint) without any mix-ins so I could assess the taste before mixing in stuff and going crazy. I gave it a 10/10 and even my parents loved it! We all agree it tastes JUST like Neapolitan astronaut freeze dried ice cream, which I have always been obsessed with so I will definitely be getting more of these! If anyone knows any good cotton candy flavorings out there please let me know; I might use cotton candy pop rocks... I would use that amazing cotton candy frappe mix at Walmart if it wasn't so many calories! Until I find a cotton candy flavoring I'm going to test out all my favorite exotic McCormick extracts; I have purple ube and buco pandan and I use them when I make Lil Buff Bakery's protein cakes or hot chocolate but I know they're going to be fantastic in ice cream! I LOOOOOVE taro and the purple ube is as close to taro ice cream as I'm getting until I have time to drive out to an Asian market again haha :p

de42glu1hnmh.jpeg

Buco pandan and ube....you have such Filipino taste buds haha
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I love Siggis yogurt. Higher in protein, lower in sugar, and delicious.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options

From Project NOSH:

de42glu1hnmh.jpeg

I was the one who tried before haha. I loved them too. I made a batch with wine added in for a dinner party and it was a HIT.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    71DhRgvzybL._SL1500_.jpg
    Tried another flavor of these syrups (next up is donut). Probably the BEST caramel coffee syrup I've ever had. Way better than Davinci, torani, and starbucks SF syrups. I was a davinci fan for a long time, but I am switching to this brand now lol. They are super cheap on amazon too, was only 4 bucks a bottle because I have prime. (davinci is second cheapest at about 6-7 per bottle and starbucks/torani are the most expensive like 8-12 a bottle)

Great caraml flavor, just absolutely delicious. So glad I tried this brand. Probably will order more flavors now like the peanut butter and some of the chocolate ones. Usually I don't like chocolate SF syrups because they taste weird but this brand might be good.
  • hgycta
    Options

From Project NOSH:

de42glu1hnmh.jpeg

I was the one who tried before haha. I loved them too. I made a batch with wine added in for a dinner party and it was a HIT.

They sell a line of boozy mixes now that I think is made especially for that, I guess you beat them to it when you tried the samples! Have you tried the new boozy mixes yet? How much wine did you add, and did you add it to a flavored mix or the unflavored one? Did you use a red or white wine? I'll definitely be trying it!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Nourish_Southwest_comp_update-550x641.png

Found this at Aldis (don't think this is new, but new to me).

I was surprised at how much I liked this bowl considering I usually hate Kale. What really made the bowl for me was the Chipotle Corn Salsa.

I have this one to try tomorrow

03694-Manns_Nourish_Bacon_Maple_Brussels.png
  • Kalex1975
    Kalex1975 Posts: 427 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Tried another flavor of these syrups (next up is donut).

<snip>

Probably will order more flavors now like the peanut butter and some of the chocolate ones. Usually I don't like chocolate SF syrups because they taste weird but this brand might be good.

I have been enjoying the sample pack, their mocha flavor was tasty! I was getting low so went ahead and ordered the glazed donut flavor. Also ordered the English toffee flavor.

Thank you for introducing them to me!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    71DhRgvzybL._SL1500_.jpg
    Tried another flavor of these syrups (next up is donut). Probably the BEST caramel coffee syrup I've ever had. Way better than Davinci, torani, and starbucks SF syrups. I was a davinci fan for a long time, but I am switching to this brand now lol. They are super cheap on amazon too, was only 4 bucks a bottle because I have prime. (davinci is second cheapest at about 6-7 per bottle and starbucks/torani are the most expensive like 8-12 a bottle)

Great caraml flavor, just absolutely delicious. So glad I tried this brand. Probably will order more flavors now like the peanut butter and some of the chocolate ones. Usually I don't like chocolate SF syrups because they taste weird but this brand might be good.

They sell that at Winners where I live, I bought all the Christmas-y flavours last year. If you're in Canada you should check, and if not, maybe TJ Maxx would have it too since I think they're owned by the same parent company.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options

I was surprised at how much I liked this bowl considering I usually hate Kale. What really made the bowl for me was the Chipotle Corn Salsa.

Be careful. Those are on recall.

https://corporate.aldi.us/fileadmin/fm-dam/news_and_awards/recalls/Mann_Packing___Little_Salad_Bar_Recall_Press_Release_FINAL.pdf
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options

These look super good and probably cheap. How much were they at aldis? I love getting prepackaged meals when i am in a rush but usually avoid it because the healthy ones are so expensive. FYI there is a 1 off printable coupon on their website !