New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Anyone try these 7jb2k7lfvjhy.jpeg
    v8n6agwfcu39.jpeg

I LOVE Trader Joe's Riced Cauliflower Stir Fry. Just add a protein and a little soy sauce and it's absolutely delicious.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    hgycta wrote: »
    Won a case of four breakfast pizzas on Facebook so I finally got a chance to try these. Everyone here was right, these “pizzas” are REALLY disappointing! Maybe it doesn’t help that I already don’t care for chicken that much but it was also A LOT thinner and smaller than I was expecting for how much they normally charge for these, I wouldn’t pay more than $1 and even then $1 seems a bit high for how unsatisfying it is. It’s like a thick cut piece of chicken lunch meat with fake tasting eggs on top. Even though the ingredients are supposedly really good I felt like the egg mcmuffin I had at McDonald’s this morning was higher quality than this... 1/10
    n0bzfxcaarjd.jpeg

I actually like these, but I'm used to eating gluten-free pizzas with crusts that are either burnt and cracker thin or pasty and grainy, so maybe I can't really give a fair opinion. I agree that the price on them is a little high, though. For the size, I think they should be more in the $3.00 range.

Same...I like the Real Good Pizzas. I'm gluten free due to celiac and stick with a mostly keto diet so they work for me. I like to cook mine in my air fryer. It makes the crust better and the cheese really browns. I don't like the breakfast ones as well as the regular but I'll eat any of them.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Found two flavors of the new Arctic Zero at Giant. They had cookies and cream and chocolate chunk. If they had the Toffee I would’ve bought it. Bought a pint of the Gingerbread Halo Top and originally it was $5.29, but when I got up to the register it was $2.64! Not sure if all the flavors are on sale?

Has anyone tried the Noosa Mate Maple Ginger? I was surprised to see a store actually carry it around my area.

Bought the Yoplait Caramel Custard for snack today.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited February 2018
    Found two flavors of the new Arctic Zero at Giant. They had cookies and cream and chocolate chunk. If they had the Toffee I would’ve bought it. Bought a pint of the Gingerbread Halo Top and originally it was $5.29, but when I got up to the register it was $2.64! Not sure if all the flavors are on sale?

Has anyone tried the Noosa Mate Maple Ginger? I was surprised to see a store actually carry it around my area.

I didn’t even know the new pints were already being rolled out!!!! Please report back ASAP with pictures and a review!!! Does it feel super dense like Enlightened or softer like Halo Top??
    EDIT: I just realized you didn’t actually buy one yet D: what was the price like??
  • hgycta
    Surprisingly only 860 calories which is less than I’d expect from something called a “meatball pizza bowl,” but still more than I’m willing to go there for since it’ll quickly escalate beyond that once breadsticks and their chicken gnocchi soup are factored in xD
    Olive Garden has been really stepping up their game recently it seems like! Pasta nachos, veggie pasta, and this! *drools*
    py8kc0u39z8o.jpeg
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    That looks amazing! YUM!
  • opalquartz
    opalquartz Posts: 65 Member
    New Enlightened flavors soon! I'm so excited for these haha
    yur3zll0mock.png
  • hgycta
    opalquartz wrote: »
    yur3zll0mock.png

GOD BLESS. Where is that josh kid/pancake runner kid!?! I bet he knows about these!!!!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    yur3zll0mock.png

GOD BLESS. Where is that josh kid/pancake runner kid!?! I bet he knows about these!!!!

French toast sounds delicious
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    yur3zll0mock.png

WOAH sign me up for french toast. I still have my free pint coupon too!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly

I didn’t even know the new pints were already being rolled out!!!! Please report back ASAP with pictures and a review!!! Does it feel super dense like Enlightened or softer like Halo Top??
    EDIT: I just realized you didn’t actually buy one yet D: what was the price like??

I forget the price, but feel like it was around $3.99-$4.99.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    yur3zll0mock.png

I still have never found most of the newer flavors that were released last year.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited February 2018

Luckily what WAS sickeningly sweet were these Kinder Treat Eggs I finally decided to try! I was expecting something like a Cadbury’s Creme Egg with a chocolate shell, but it was all creme and had a spoon to make it less messy (which of course didn’t make it any less messy for me since the two hazelnut balls in the center were just about solidified into the creme and I had to pry out very messily). It was a vanilla white chocolate creme on top with a brown nutella creme on the bottom. Extremely satisfying and it looks like they’re only 110 calories so that isn’t too bad! They’re still 20% off on Target’s cartwheel so I’ll go back for more soon!
    bevbvvf6m0tg.jpeg

Oh those were tasty. Still totally not worth the cost for something that's eaten in 3 tiny bites, lol. I'm not sure about how I feel about it being a creme though. So different from the stuff I used to eat in France (chocolate/milk shell with the toy in the middle). It tastes a lot like Kinder Bueno bars, honestly.

I'm confused about why there's no mention of hazelnut flavor because it definitely tastes like hazelnut.

But I pretty much love Kinder everything anyway.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
  • hgycta
    My grocery stores have started to stock the new ice cream flavors (most, but sadly not all, of the new Haagen-Dazs and Ben and Jerry's flavors), so I picked up some of them - one for each new category to start. I got: one of the new Haagen-Dazs trio flavors (Vanilla and caramel ice creams with white chocolate pieces and caramel sauce); one of their new regular flavors (Honey Salted Caramel Almond); one of the new Ben and Jerry's truffles flavors (Caramel Chocolate Cheesecake Truffles); and one of their new Moophoria light ice creams (Chocolate Milk & Cookies). I also picked up one of the Haagen-Dazs non-dairy flavors (Peanut butter chocolate fudge) - this line has been out since summer 2017 I think, but I haven't had a chance to try any of them.

3otvvxyektdj.jpg

Haagen-Dazs Vanilla and Caramel trio - The ice creams in this one were tasty and the caramel sauce was a nice addition; however, the white chocolate pieces had that slightly too-sweet taste that some types of white chocolate tend to have. Still a solid flavor though.

Haagen-Dazs Honey Salted Caramel Almond was very tasty and similar to a butter pecan flavor, with a hint of honey.

Ben and Jerry's Caramel Chocolate Cheesecake Truffles - This one was okay but was way too sweet. I wouldn't be able to eat more than a couple of scoops of this at a time.

Ben and Jerry's Moophoria Chocolate Milk & Cookies - This one was unfortunately a hard no. Texture-wise, the light ice cream is much airier than the typical Ben and Jerry's ice cream and more comparable to a regular/non-premium ice cream (not surprising as the serving size on this is 68 grams compared to Ben and Jerry's usual 100-ish grams). I didn't necessarily mind that, though the taste of both ice creams and the cookies was just off. Chocolate ice cream did not taste good at all and didn't taste like chocolate, and vanilla was bland. For the calories and taste, I'd rather just have a regular non-premium ice cream from another brand. Maybe the other light ice cream flavors are better... and/or maybe it tastes better if eaten on its own instead of along with several other premium ice creams.

Haagen-Dazs non-dairy Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge - This one was by far my favorite out of the ones I tried. It tastes very similar to Talenti's Peanut Butter Fudge Sorbetto, which is one of my absolute favorite Talenti flavors - basically like eating frozen peanut butter mixed with chocolate. Texture-wise, it's denser than Talenti's, and somehow manages to replicate the same texture as a regular Haagen-Dazs ice cream, and it's got crisp chocolate pieces in it instead of swirls of fudge like Talenti (see picture below). I prefer this flavor to Haagen-Dazs' peanut butter salted fudge ice cream, as the milk/cream creates a more muted peanut butter flavor whereas non-dairy creates a pure peanut butter flavor.

dfj41ojvbg9r.jpg

That’s a shame their lighter ice cream pint fell short of what I’d expect from Ben & Jerry’s, especially since they have more calories than Halo Top and Enlightened! Hopefully Arctic Zero’s new lineup will surprise us but I’m still not having any luck finding the new flavors :/
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 579 Member
    My grocery stores have started to stock the new ice cream flavors (most, but sadly not all, of the new Haagen-Dazs and Ben and Jerry's flavors), so I picked up some of them - one for each new category to start. I got: one of the new Haagen-Dazs trio flavors (Vanilla and caramel ice creams with white chocolate pieces and caramel sauce); one of their new regular flavors (Honey Salted Caramel Almond); one of the new Ben and Jerry's truffles flavors (Caramel Chocolate Cheesecake Truffles); and one of their new Moophoria light ice creams (Chocolate Milk & Cookies). I also picked up one of the Haagen-Dazs non-dairy flavors (Peanut butter chocolate fudge) - this line has been out since summer 2017 I think, but I haven't had a chance to try any of them.

3otvvxyektdj.jpg

Haagen-Dazs Vanilla and Caramel trio - The ice creams in this one were tasty and the caramel sauce was a nice addition; however, the white chocolate pieces had that slightly too-sweet taste that some types of white chocolate tend to have. Still a solid flavor though.

Haagen-Dazs Honey Salted Caramel Almond was very tasty and similar to a butter pecan flavor, with a hint of honey.

Ben and Jerry's Caramel Chocolate Cheesecake Truffles - This one was okay but was way too sweet. I wouldn't be able to eat more than a couple of scoops of this at a time.

Ben and Jerry's Moophoria Chocolate Milk & Cookies - This one was unfortunately a hard no. Texture-wise, the light ice cream is much airier than the typical Ben and Jerry's ice cream and more comparable to a regular/non-premium ice cream (not surprising as the serving size on this is 68 grams compared to Ben and Jerry's usual 100-ish grams). I didn't necessarily mind that, though the taste of both ice creams and the cookies was just off. Chocolate ice cream did not taste good at all and didn't taste like chocolate, and vanilla was bland. For the calories and taste, I'd rather just have a regular non-premium ice cream from another brand. Maybe the other light ice cream flavors are better... and/or maybe it tastes better if eaten on its own instead of along with several other premium ice creams.

Haagen-Dazs non-dairy Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge - This one was by far my favorite out of the ones I tried. It tastes very similar to Talenti's Peanut Butter Fudge Sorbetto, which is one of my absolute favorite Talenti flavors - basically like eating frozen peanut butter mixed with chocolate. Texture-wise, it's denser than Talenti's, and somehow manages to replicate the same texture as a regular Haagen-Dazs ice cream, and it's got crisp chocolate pieces in it instead of swirls of fudge like Talenti (see picture below). I prefer this flavor to Haagen-Dazs' peanut butter salted fudge ice cream, as the milk/cream creates a more muted peanut butter flavor whereas non-dairy creates a pure peanut butter flavor.

dfj41ojvbg9r.jpg

That’s a shame their lighter ice cream pint fell short of what I’d expect from Ben & Jerry’s, especially since they have more calories than Halo Top and Enlightened! Hopefully Arctic Zero’s new lineup will surprise us but I’m still not having any luck finding the new flavors :/

Yeah, maybe Arctic Zero's new flavors will be better (I can't find them either)! I do plan to re-try the Ben and Jerry's light flavor again tonight on its own, so maybe it will taste better by itself..