New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• its_me_april
    its_me_april Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    neldabg wrote: »
    arya8 wrote: »
    I tried this bar today. It was soooo good and creamy and yummy! I love it!
    kq1ea7kci07h.png
    My bar was actually closer to 200 calories, so that sucked, but these really are great! Thanks for sharing. Unfortunately, although the store locator says otherwise, I could only find them at Office Depot/Max, and at $2.66 a bar, I won't be buying them again.

new5_indulge.png

Elli Quark's Vanilla Bean was a total miss, and the Strawberry and Sea Salt Caramel were only okay, but the Mixed Berry and Brownie Batter are amazing! I like the consistency and taste more than regular/Greek yogurt, and it was worth trying all five flavors to find the two I liked. Despite what the company's claims about these being "a yummy fresh cheese," they're closer to yogurt more than anything. I even saw some reviews online that said that these are nothing like the quark a European would expect, but I've never had real quark, so I cannot compare myself.

I was not a fan of the Amy’s bar...it tasted odd to me and the chocolate coating was not sweet enough for my tastes.

Where did you find this quark?? I have always wanted to try it!!

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    I always somehow get suckered into buying these Stumptown coffees at Target because they look cute, but hardly worth $4 and definitely not worth 300 calories. Not very sweet and the coconut flavor is VERY subtle.
    m3gc6l98b87d.jpeg

I also caved and decided to try Ben & Jerry’s pint slices (disclaimer: I normally don’t care for ice cream bars that much because of the chocolate shell), and again, didn’t think this was worth 300 calories, either.
    Very plain surprisingly, maybe only 3 peanut butter cups in the entire thing which was only a tease for me. It needed like a peanut butter swirl or something else to keep it interesting. The only thing I liked was not being stuck with a wooden stick if it had been an ice cream bar, but I won’t be buying it again.
    05e13ue21txy.jpeg
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    neldabg wrote: »
    arya8 wrote: »
    I tried this bar today. It was soooo good and creamy and yummy! I love it!
    kq1ea7kci07h.png
    My bar was actually closer to 200 calories, so that sucked, but these really are great! Thanks for sharing. Unfortunately, although the store locator says otherwise, I could only find them at Office Depot/Max, and at $2.66 a bar, I won't be buying them again.

new5_indulge.png

Elli Quark's Vanilla Bean was a total miss, and the Strawberry and Sea Salt Caramel were only okay, but the Mixed Berry and Brownie Batter are amazing! I like the consistency and taste more than regular/Greek yogurt, and it was worth trying all five flavors to find the two I liked. Despite what the company's claims about these being "a yummy fresh cheese," they're closer to yogurt more than anything. I even saw some reviews online that said that these are nothing like the quark a European would expect, but I've never had real quark, so I cannot compare myself.

I was not a fan of the Amy’s bar...it tasted odd to me and the chocolate coating was not sweet enough for my tastes.

Where did you find this quark?? I have always wanted to try it!!

Aww. That's too bad. I hope you find something you like more. If you do, please share!
    I got them from Publix. I ended up going to multiple Publix stores since all stores vary with what flavors they carry. Their website was accurate in letting me know where to get flavors. If you're not near a Publix, Elli has a store locator: https://www.elliquark.com/locate
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

Nevermind all gone already
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    I always somehow get suckered into buying these Stumptown coffees at Target because they look cute, but hardly worth $4 and definitely not worth 300 calories. Not very sweet and the coconut flavor is VERY subtle.
    m3gc6l98b87d.jpeg

I also caved and decided to try Ben & Jerry’s pint slices (disclaimer: I normally don’t care for ice cream bars that much because of the chocolate shell), and again, didn’t think this was worth 300 calories, either.
    Very plain surprisingly, maybe only 3 peanut butter cups in the entire thing which was only a tease for me. It needed like a peanut butter swirl or something else to keep it interesting. The only thing I liked was not being stuck with a wooden stick if it had been an ice cream bar, but I won’t be buying it again.
    05e13ue21txy.jpeg

Glad you tried the ben and jerry. I was wondering if they were any good.
  • 17adf33
    17adf33 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Not new products but new for me! Mini Babybel Lighter cheese for portion size. Low cal, can't be bothered to cook and tasty: Heinz chicken noodle soup, Tesco vegetable chilli
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited February 2018
    Options
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    The recently new Enlightened ice cream pints are $2.88 at Shop Rite (in NJ).
  • hgycta
    Options
    Won a case of four breakfast pizzas on Facebook so I finally got a chance to try these. Everyone here was right, these “pizzas” are REALLY disappointing! Maybe it doesn’t help that I already don’t care for chicken that much but it was also A LOT thinner and smaller than I was expecting for how much they normally charge for these, I wouldn’t pay more than $1 and even then $1 seems a bit high for how unsatisfying it is. It’s like a thick cut piece of chicken lunch meat with fake tasting eggs on top. Even though the ingredients are supposedly really good I felt like the egg mcmuffin I had at McDonald’s this morning was higher quality than this... 1/10
    n0bzfxcaarjd.jpeg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Won a case of four breakfast pizzas on Facebook so I finally got a chance to try these. Everyone here was right, these “pizzas” are REALLY disappointing! Maybe it doesn’t help that I already don’t care for chicken that much but it was also A LOT thinner and smaller than I was expecting for how much they normally charge for these, I wouldn’t pay more than $1 and even then $1 seems a bit high for how unsatisfying it is. It’s like a thick cut piece of chicken lunch meat with fake tasting eggs on top. Even though the ingredients are supposedly really good I felt like the egg mcmuffin I had at McDonald’s this morning was higher quality than this... 1/10
    n0bzfxcaarjd.jpeg

Ew that looks terrible lol. Ive seen sooooo many people raving about these pizzas and they are all over social media so ive wanted to try the, just haven’t found yet. Looks like I’ll be saving my money.

Also how on earth are you so lucky i enter those contests on Facebook every dsy and on instagram too and nEver won but you always win lol.
  • hgycta
    Options
    n0bzfxcaarjd.jpeg

Ew that looks terrible lol. Ive seen sooooo many people raving about these pizzas and they are all over social media so ive wanted to try the, just haven’t found yet. Looks like I’ll be saving my money.

Also how on earth are you so lucky i enter those contests on Facebook every dsy and on instagram too and nEver won but you always win lol.

I enter A LOT of them haha it's just bound to happen eventually I guess XD
    But yeah I have no clue how people rave about them, they're not even a decent size!
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    I recently saw a display of dehydrated bone broth--just add hot water! I'm all about homemade bone broth, but powdered in an envelope packet? Sounds gross! I didn't try it...
  • hgycta
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I recently saw a display of dehydrated bone broth--just add hot water! I'm all about homemade bone broth, but powdered in an envelope packet? Sounds gross! I didn't try it...

I've tried powdered bone broths like that before. I first discovered LonoLife's K-cup bone broths at TJ Maxx and I loved it, but then I went back and bought a larger tub of powdered bone broth by 360 Nutrition and couldn't stomach it.... It's really hit or miss stuff, but it's supposed to be really good for you and if LonoLife's K Cups were more affordable I would definitely get them more often! If you try another brand let me know how it is! They do sound gross but if you find a good one it just tastes like the base of a really good chicken noodle soup (in my opinion)!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    n0bzfxcaarjd.jpeg

Hold on... the crust is chicken? And they call that 'real' pizza? WTH?
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    n0bzfxcaarjd.jpeg

I actually like these, but I'm used to eating gluten-free pizzas with crusts that are either burnt and cracker thin or pasty and grainy, so maybe I can't really give a fair opinion. I agree that the price on them is a little high, though. For the size, I think they should be more in the $3.00 range.
  • hgycta
    Options
    n0bzfxcaarjd.jpeg

I actually like these, but I'm used to eating gluten-free pizzas with crusts that are either burnt and cracker thin or pasty and grainy, so maybe I can't really give a fair opinion. I agree that the price on them is a little high, though. For the size, I think they should be more in the $3.00 range.

I’ve had my fair share of gluten free crusts too so the texture didn’t bother me, it was the taste. It was so horrible and although was meat based had that vegetarian meat free flavor sort of like the Quorn turk’y roast honestly XD

Also; all you can eat pancakes ended at IHOP which means time for new flavors!
    And by new flavors I mean one sort of new flavor, but this is very much not that exciting and hardly anything groundbreaking, c’mon IHOP -.-
    30vchvkmwhwb.jpeg
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    n0bzfxcaarjd.jpeg

I’ve had my fair share of gluten free crusts too so the texture didn’t bother me, it was the taste. It was so horrible and although was meat based had that vegetarian meat free flavor sort of like the Quorn turk’y roast honestly XD

Also; all you can eat pancakes ended at IHOP which means time for new flavors!
    And by new flavors I mean one sort of new flavor, but this is very much not that exciting and hardly anything groundbreaking, c’mon IHOP -.-
    30vchvkmwhwb.jpeg

Hahaha. 2000 calories for the whole thing I bet?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    qblgvolxmxle.jpg

Anybody want to give buffbake a try they have a valentines sampler kit for 29.99 and $5 coupon plus free shipping!

includes
    6 Protein Cookies (1 Birthday Cake, 1 Double Chocolate, 1 Peanut Butter Cup, 1 White Chocolate, 1 Classic Chocolate Chip, 1 Chocolate Donut)
    1 13oz Jar of White Chocolate Peanut Butter
    3 Protein Sandwich Cookies (1 Double Chocolate, 1 Snickerdoodle, 1 Peanut Butter Cup)
    1 Buff Bake Shaker Cup

Ok. I bought this. I want my money back. :'( I hadn't tried anything Buff Bakes before. I threw the "peanut butter" in the trash. That stuff was nasty and more calories than real peanut butter. I'll stick with the real thing.
    The only thing I've liked so far was the snickerdoodle sandwich cookies, and they weren't that amazing, just kinda tasty. The double chocolate protein cookies had a weird chewiness to it, plus not great taste. My son has had two of the protein cookies, chocolate chip and peanut butter cup, I think. He seemed to like them, but he's 13, what does he know? LOL