New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    I don't think this is anything new, but I've never seen it. I was scrolling through Amazon's food and discovered it. Has anyone tried this? The macros impress me (90 cal per 1/2 cup, 12P/2F/13C).

kohceqrenata.png
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,842 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    @hgycta

I've seen them at 711
  • Lyrica7
    Lyrica7 Posts: 88 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Annalee82_ wrote: »
    kqfafxkxeoz5.jpg

I tried this Cold Foam Cascara Cold Brew from Starbucks today. I loved it. It's definitely not for anyone that doesn't like black coffee though.

I also liked playing with it a little too much. You shake the cup and the foam mixes into the coffee and just a few seconds later, it's all back at the top. :)

I order mine with Splenda and cream love this
  • Annalee82_
    Annalee82_ Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    e70f27bd-45e0-48a1-a11a-61aeb0c8826d_1.aa3b154e0592969de9e86ef8a76c38ac.jpeg?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450&odnBg=FFFFFF

I bought this a few weeks ago. I threw most of it out today. It was terrible. In hindsight, it doesn't even sound good, but I gave it a try. It left a terrible taste in my mouth.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    The donuts themselves I enjoyed, but my parents (who aren't used to diet products like I am) hated them each time. We all agree they don't taste like donuts. However, they are VERY filling and will sit like a rock in your stomach. If you have two, you'll be stuffed for hours. I sometimes question the accuracy of their labelling because I did gain weight when I ate them both occasions even though I weighed them per gram. It's really hard to describe their texture, but it's definitely not airy or donut-y at all. I would get them again because I did enjoy the nostalgia of eating them, but I was hoping being on Shark Tank would bring down their prices more than they did. I live in Maryland whereas the company I believe is in California, so I probably pay the most for shipping out of all their customers xP

I'm a little confused. Was it tried and true fat gain, or is it that the doughnuts are hard to digest and stay in you longer than other foods such that your scale weight reads higher for a few days? I calculated the macros provided on their website for the yellow sprinkled donuts (https://www.doughbardoughnuts.com/products/new-everyday-protein-doughnut-cake-batter-4-pack), and the icing was spot on and the donut calories were actually a bit higher than raw maro calculations.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    neldabg wrote: »
    The donuts themselves I enjoyed, but my parents (who aren't used to diet products like I am) hated them each time. We all agree they don't taste like donuts. However, they are VERY filling and will sit like a rock in your stomach. If you have two, you'll be stuffed for hours. I sometimes question the accuracy of their labelling because I did gain weight when I ate them both occasions even though I weighed them per gram. It's really hard to describe their texture, but it's definitely not airy or donut-y at all. I would get them again because I did enjoy the nostalgia of eating them, but I was hoping being on Shark Tank would bring down their prices more than they did. I live in Maryland whereas the company I believe is in California, so I probably pay the most for shipping out of all their customers xP

I'm a little confused. Was it tried and true fat gain, or is it that the doughnuts are hard to digest and stay in you longer than other foods such that your scale weight reads higher for a few days? I calculated the macros provided on their website for the yellow sprinkled donuts (https://www.doughbardoughnuts.com/products/new-everyday-protein-doughnut-cake-batter-4-pack), and the icing was spot on and the donut calories were actually a bit higher than raw maro calculations.

It was true fat gain, the same thing happens with simply scrumptous’ brownies and coffee cakes so even though I love them I try to eat them less often. I’m VERY nit picky about logging correctly and those were the only thing I ate that was out of my ordinary routine.

Wow. That's awful. Thanks for alerting us. I hate it when companies give bad nutrition facts :/
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options

It was true fat gain, the same thing happens with simply scrumptous’ brownies and coffee cakes so even though I love them I try to eat them less often. I’m VERY nit picky about logging correctly and those were the only thing I ate that was out of my ordinary routine.

Wow. That's awful. Thanks for alerting us. I hate it when companies give bad nutrition facts :/

The same thing happens to me when I eat Lenny and Larry cookies. Last time I got birthday cake ones (the mini 200 calorie) they weighed out to be 260 per cookie not 200. Not a big deal but I was eating 2-3 of them a day and it added up over a few weeks. I found the same thing with the snickerdoodle and double chocolate mini although they were a bit more consistent. They are very inconsistent with the weight.
  • widgit808
    widgit808 Posts: 193 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    @hgycta impulsivebuys review of cotton candy blizzard. Thought you may be interested given your love of cotton candy www.theimpulsivebuy.com/wordpress/2018/05/08/quick-review-dairy-queen-cotton-candy-blizzard/
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    This was in a sponsored post on Facebook... my goodness do these look delicious!!! If anyone finds them first and buys them let me know how they are!!
    pg4sfndcmn4q.jpeg

These are magnificent. Especially the Strawberry ones. I would love to try the blueberry but I can't find them. Only one store near me carries these and they sell out all the time.

At my Kroger these are in the natural food refrigerated case btw.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    http://www.buckleberryfoods.com/

Tried the raspberry love bites. DELICOUS. 120 cals/small truffle. Despite the tiny nature of these treats they are very satisfying and super tasty. I found them at a local market but looks like a lot of whole foods carry them.
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    anglyn1 wrote: »
    This was in a sponsored post on Facebook... my goodness do these look delicious!!! If anyone finds them first and buys them let me know how they are!!
    pg4sfndcmn4q.jpeg

These are magnificent. Especially the Strawberry ones. I would love to try the blueberry but I can't find them. Only one store near me carries these and they sell out all the time.

These are sadly unavailable even within 75 miles of me. I really wanted to try them as soon as I saw them. I will be on the east coast this summer though, so maybe I'll get to try them then.
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Ruatine wrote: »
    anglyn1 wrote: »
    pg4sfndcmn4q.jpeg

These are sadly unavailable even within 75 miles of me. I really wanted to try them as soon as I saw them. I will be on the east coast this summer though, so maybe I'll get to try them then.

I FOUND 20 MILES AWAY YET THE STORE NEVER EVEN HEARD OF IT COULDNT FIND IT ANYWHERE! :'(
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,619 Member
    Options
    In case anyone was wondering, these cereals literally look and taste the exact same. Anyone who tries to tell you otherwise is lying, they’re identical! And now I have 3 pounds and 5 ounces of cereal left... in a lactose intolerant household. What have I done.
    3rr5sz4w9djy.jpeg
    4ktcp6n0p00b.jpeg

Oooooo because I totally felt the Malt O Meal knockoff tasted more like oreos than the Oreo O's (also, change the name, Nabisco. This one is dumb).