New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• peggym4640
    peggym4640 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    New to me, Green Giant Riced Veggies and veggie curls. Frozen food section. Convenient and easy
  • nic_27_grassisgreener
    nic_27_grassisgreener Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Speaking of Chobani... Tried this one today, and I like it. I like everything by Chobani! I used to email them every month, and they'd send coupons every time.

9gzmz0wevcht.jpg
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    rm15kb5mlji2.png
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Golden Oreo O’s: 2/10. Decent and sweet, but not nearly as exciting as regular Oreo O’s. If I was blindfolded, I’d never tell it was an Oreo based cereal. I added the mini marshmallows, but without them I wouldn’t have any motivation to eat them. Very disappointed.
    6vc1kc95dtb6.jpeg

I didn’t like Halo top’s blueberry cobbler because it reminded me of the Blueberry Dannon Light & Fit Greek Yogurt. Im happy to report this one is A LOT better! 8/10. Not my favorite (that’s the caramel macchiato still), but very solid flavor that I’ll buy again without a doubt. Subtle, but still sweet. Perfect texture and not icy at all. Some pieces of peach, but not too many and not too few. Based off this pint, I know they’d do an excellent creamsicle. My father and older brother both loved it. My mother, who hates Halo Top ice cream because of its “artificial taste,” as she puts it, also loved it!

Definitely agree on the Golden Oreo O's! Not very exciting & mostly just tastes like a generic sweetened cereal. It kind of reminds me of the Cap'n Crunch Sprinkled Donut cereal in taste & texture. It's not completely horrendous tasting, but there are more interesting cereals on the market. This cereal would be a good addition on ice cream at least.

That's EXACTLY what it reminded me of... yes! I knew it was something but I couldn't put my finger on it. I definitely ate WAY too much of that cereal back when it first came out so I'm pretty much done with it haha

So, I have no clue what flavor this is going to be but I'm going to buy it the second I see it in case it's cotton candy >.> It doesn't hurt to hope!
    h1cy7og6glqp.png

my daughter NEEDS THAT PUDDING !! SHE is obessed with UNICORNS!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,598 Member
    Options
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    rm15kb5mlji2.png

I remember really liking the tortilla chips when they were being tested and was kinda sad when they didn't make the cut. The texture was a little off but the dorito flavor was pretty close.
  • glassyo
    Options
    Ok, so I tasted the Lenny and Larry's double chocolate cookie. I'd only ever tasted the macadamia white chocolate when a coworker bought one and thought it was good but there was NO WAY I'd get two servings from one of their cookies so never bought them for myself.

I really liked the double chocolate cookie! It was the 2 oz size and I figured it would be smaller than it should be for the calories but it was a good size. It didn't taste proteiny to me altho it *was* dry. Maybe microwaving would help but I didn't think to do that at the time. Of course, I wish there was more protein per calorie but whaddya gonna do? :)

The only other cookies I could compare it to are the Quest ones but I didn't try their chocolate version (since I don't like their chocolate based protein bars) but, also, I didn't particulary like the three flavors I did try.
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Not sure if they've been mentioned here or not yet, but Oreos has a Pina Colada flavor! We picked some up last night to try and I am VERY impressed. We grabbed the thins because the regular thickness ones were out and give it an overall 7/10 just because in our opinion thins are never as good as the normal ones. If we'd of gotten the regular thickness ones instead it'd easily be a 9! The creme gives you a really great contrast of pineapple and coconut which both work really well with the bite of the cookie instead of overwealming it. Will definitely be getting these again!
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Well, well, well.... I was another “cancelled order” that wrote to Lenny & Larry’s and offered a 20% discount code instead of the free sample but look what just showed up on my doorstep!!!! Keep an eye out everyone, I think our voices have been heard!
    It’s just a shame they’re so disappointing. I was also sort of hoping for the new mint, but hey, beggars can’t be choosers!
    g2truas7sddh.jpeg
  • glassyo
    Options
    Well, well, well.... I was another “cancelled order” that wrote to Lenny & Larry’s and offered a 20% discount code instead of the free sample but look what just showed up on my doorstep!!!! Keep an eye out everyone, I think our voices have been heard!
    It’s just a shame they’re so disappointing. I was also sort of hoping for the new mint, but hey, beggars can’t be choosers!

Part of me feels guilty for taking advantage of that code but another part of me is glad Lenny & Larry's stepped up and sent them out anyway.

I'm sorry you didn't like them. I ate the double chocolate first because I figured I'd get that quest vibe from it but it was surprisingly good. :)

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

Part of me feels guilty for taking advantage of that code but another part of me is glad Lenny & Larry's stepped up and sent them out anyway.

I'm sorry you didn't like them. I ate the double chocolate first because I figured I'd get that quest vibe from it but it was surprisingly good. :)

I didn't get the double chocolate, but the ones I had were definitely not as good as they used to be and had a very weird taste. I buy them regularly though so maybe thats why I noticed a difference. I always warm up 20 seconds, never eat them cold lol. I only buy the 2oz though because I found they taste way better and love how the coating:cookie ratio is increased on the snickerdoodle. The snickerdoodle did not taste the same though, I definitely did not like and wouldn't keep buying them if they keep this "new recipe".

mqpd4ob4odfy.jpg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    So I got my order from Smart Baking Company from their Memorial Day free shipping sale.
    Volume eaters should seriously try these! I got the ‘out of spec’ buns because they were cheaper and they looked/tasted totally fine! Very similar to a regular bun in my opinion, but only 72 calories each and VERY filling! I made two cheeseburgers with boca patties and 2% Kraft cheese singles. Two cheeseburgers were under 500 calories and I’m stuffed! So satisfying, I wish these were sold in grocery stores. Way more satisfying than ThinSlim bread, not as chewy. Much closer to actual hamburger buns!
    csn8m1jgcl0k.jpeg
    6t1w6wrn0pmb.jpeg

I loved the buns as well. I wish they were cheaper and I’d buy a lot. Far better than the thinslim foods products. How were the cakes or did you not try yet ?
  • hgycta
    edited May 2018
    Options
    So I got my order from Smart Baking Company from their Memorial Day free shipping sale.
    Volume eaters should seriously try these! I got the ‘out of spec’ buns because they were cheaper and they looked/tasted totally fine! Very similar to a regular bun in my opinion, but only 72 calories each and VERY filling! I made two cheeseburgers with boca patties and 2% Kraft cheese singles. Two cheeseburgers were under 500 calories and I’m stuffed! So satisfying, I wish these were sold in grocery stores. Way more satisfying than ThinSlim bread, not as chewy. Much closer to actual hamburger buns!
    csn8m1jgcl0k.jpeg
    6t1w6wrn0pmb.jpeg

I loved the buns as well. I wish they were cheaper and I’d buy a lot. Far better than the thinslim foods products. How were the cakes or did you not try yet ?

A 4-pack of the "out of spec" buns were only $3.60 and it had free shipping so it wasn't bad! That being said, the free shipping deal is over since Memorial Day has passed and I can't find these out of spec discounted buns anymore on the website... huh... maybe it's only a sometimes thing?

As for the cakes, I've had the cinnamon, coconut, and chocolate smart cakes before and liked them a lot, just not enough to justify buying them again for the price. Out of those, the cinnamon was my favorite because I loved the crunchy topping with the cinnamon flavor (reminded me of the toast I made as a kid where I put butter and a TON of cinnamon sugar on top). 10x better than those awful tasting (and wet paper feeling) cloud cakes that ThinSlim started selling though! I got the tangerine because it was new and I'm a bit impulsive, but I'll be trying those tonight so I'll let you know! :)
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Anyone try this?

ICEE-Popping-Candy.jpg?resize=482%2C600&ssl=1
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Also for those that want to try the new Reese's Outrageous bar Wal-Mart has a larger sized bag of miniature sized bars for around $3.00-$4.00 a bag.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    csn8m1jgcl0k.jpeg
    6t1w6wrn0pmb.jpeg

A 4-pack of the "out of spec" buns were only $3.60 and it had free shipping so it wasn't bad! That being said, the free shipping deal is over since Memorial Day has passed and I can't find these out of spec discounted buns anymore on the website... huh... maybe it's only a sometimes thing?

As for the cakes, I've had the cinnamon, coconut, and chocolate smart cakes before and liked them a lot, just not enough to justify buying them again for the price. Out of those, the cinnamon was my favorite because I loved the crunchy topping with the cinnamon flavor (reminded me of the toast I made as a kid where I put butter and a TON of cinnamon sugar on top). 10x better than those awful tasting (and wet paper feeling) cloud cakes that ThinSlim started selling though! I got the tangerine because it was new and I'm a bit impulsive, but I'll be trying those tonight so I'll let you know! :)

Did you get the protein cookies you ordered yet?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Also if anyone tries these leave a review

Jif-Power-Ups-Creamy-Clusters.jpg?resize=550%2C550&ssl=1

Jif-Power-Ups-Salted-Caramel-and-Chocolate-Chewy-Granola-Bars.jpg?resize=600%2C450&ssl=1
  • hgycta
    Options
    csn8m1jgcl0k.jpeg
    6t1w6wrn0pmb.jpeg

Did you get the protein cookies you ordered yet?

Not yet, not even a shipping confirmation email yet! I’ll post ASAP they arrive believe me haha!

And I change my mind, the tangerine smart cakes are definitely the best out of all the flavors. Very fruity, sweet, and satisfying. I really wish they were less money! Best 38 calorie cake I’ll ever eat.
    d37yn5i4v79m.jpeg
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    To those of you who received the Lenny and Larry Cookies after the 20% off debacle: did you follow up with them after being told you were only getting the 20% off? I only ask because I never responded to that email to tell them it was unfair. I just wanna know if I should check for cookies lol.