New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    hgycta wrote: »
    Golden Oreo O’s: 2/10. Decent and sweet, but not nearly as exciting as regular Oreo O’s. If I was blindfolded, I’d never tell it was an Oreo based cereal. I added the mini marshmallows, but without them I wouldn’t have any motivation to eat them. Very disappointed.
    6vc1kc95dtb6.jpeg

I didn’t like Halo top’s blueberry cobbler because it reminded me of the Blueberry Dannon Light & Fit Greek Yogurt. Im happy to report this one is A LOT better! 8/10. Not my favorite (that’s the caramel macchiato still), but very solid flavor that I’ll buy again without a doubt. Subtle, but still sweet. Perfect texture and not icy at all. Some pieces of peach, but not too many and not too few. Based off this pint, I know they’d do an excellent creamsicle. My father and older brother both loved it. My mother, who hates Halo Top ice cream because of its “artificial taste,” as she puts it, also loved it!

Definitely agree on the Golden Oreo O's! Not very exciting & mostly just tastes like a generic sweetened cereal. It kind of reminds me of the Cap'n Crunch Sprinkled Donut cereal in taste & texture. It's not completely horrendous tasting, but there are more interesting cereals on the market. This cereal would be a good addition on ice cream at least.

That's EXACTLY what it reminded me of... yes! I knew it was something but I couldn't put my finger on it. I definitely ate WAY too much of that cereal back when it first came out so I'm pretty much done with it haha

So, I have no clue what flavor this is going to be but I'm going to buy it the second I see it in case it's cotton candy >.> It doesn't hurt to hope!
    h1cy7og6glqp.png

my daughter NEEDS THAT PUDDING !! SHE is obessed with UNICORNS!

Curious how they get away with saying "made with stardust" with how antsy package regulating gets :D
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    To those of you who received the Lenny and Larry Cookies after the 20% off debacle: did you follow up with them after being told you were only getting the 20% off? I only ask because I never responded to that email to tell them it was unfair. I just wanna know if I should check for cookies lol.

When I sent a semi-angry but still polite message on facebook they offered to send them to me anyway. I just got em. I'm wondering why some people they sent them to and others they tried to appease with 20% off? different respondents?
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Sp1tfire wrote: »
    To those of you who received the Lenny and Larry Cookies after the 20% off debacle: did you follow up with them after being told you were only getting the 20% off? I only ask because I never responded to that email to tell them it was unfair. I just wanna know if I should check for cookies lol.

When I sent a semi-angry but still polite message on facebook they offered to send them to me anyway. I just got em. I'm wondering why some people they sent them to and others they tried to appease with 20% off? different respondents?

I'm not sure but I want my cookies, dammit :D I'll probably send them an email in a few minutes.

Anyway, to answer the question posed earlier about what flavors I'd like to see Enlightened create. I'd love to see a spin on Banana Nilla Wafer Pudding. Maybe a marshmallow banana base with pieces of cookie?! I'd also love to see a cookie butter or Nutella knockoff...hell, why not both? And a sherbet would be great. I think they need more sweet, candy-like options. Not sure why they discontinued the pina colada flavor. Ooo, and why not apple pie?! Cinnamon graham ice cream with chunks of apple inside.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Sp1tfire wrote: »

I'm not sure but I want my cookies, dammit :D I'll probably send them an email in a few minutes.

Anyway, to answer the question posed earlier about what flavors I'd like to see Enlightened create. I'd love to see a spin on Banana Nilla Wafer Pudding. Maybe a marshmallow banana base with pieces of cookie?! I'd also love to see a cookie butter or Nutella knockoff...hell, why not both? And a sherbet would be great. I think they need more sweet, candy-like options. Not sure why they discontinued the pina colada flavor. Ooo, and why not apple pie?! Cinnamon graham ice cream with chunks of apple inside.

Have you tried the pina colada flavor? Believe me, if you had it, you would know why it was discontinued! I love Enlightened but they failed terribly on that flavor, it tasted like sunscreen! That being said, maybe they could redo it with a different recipe? I agree with more candy-like options though. Cotton candy is a given for me, but I'd also like to see a butterfinger (they've done so many good peanut butter options so it probably wouldn't be hard for them), a samoa girl scout cookie, or heath. I'm obsessed with toffee and I'd love to see something offered in that flavor, or even baklava would be close enough! A carrot cake with a cream cheese swirl would be neat, too. I'd also love to see their spin on a caramel macchiato like Halo Top's, or more coffeehouse inspired flavors like gingerbread latte, peppermint mocha, vanilla latte, etc.
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    No, I haven't lol. I guess I'm lucky not to have tried it. A good coconut flavor would've been nice!

Ooo, toffee...good one! I love toffee. Ben and Jerry's Toffee Heath Bar Crunch is a fav.
  • supersocks117
    supersocks117 Posts: 169 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    So I saw Aldi's new light ice cream pints on The Impulsive Buy's website and it looks like the vanilla bean is 240 calories and the mint and chocolate flavors are 280 calories. The price? $2.99! If anyone here tries these please report back. I LOVED Halo Top's vanilla pint but if they're increasing the calories I'm no longer interested, especially if Aldi's pints are always going to be only $2.99!

I just bought the mint chip today, I'll report back once I try it, but I haven't tried Halo Top yet to compare, I just thought for $3 it was worth a try

Edit: I decided to try it, it was totally reasonable, not super minty, but I felt that way about Yasso bars too, minty enough, and a nice amount of chocolate chips, and I didn’t notice an unpleasant aftertaste, which sometimes I do with artificial sweeteners
  • hgycta
    Options
    So I saw Aldi's new light ice cream pints on The Impulsive Buy's website and it looks like the vanilla bean is 240 calories and the mint and chocolate flavors are 280 calories. The price? $2.99! If anyone here tries these please report back. I LOVED Halo Top's vanilla pint but if they're increasing the calories I'm no longer interested, especially if Aldi's pints are always going to be only $2.99!

I just bought the mint chip today, I'll report back once I try it, but I haven't tried Halo Top yet to compare, I just thought for $3 it was worth a try

Edit: I decided to try it, it was totally reasonable, not super minty, but I felt that way about Yasso bars too, minty enough, and a nice amount of chocolate chips, and I didn’t notice an unpleasant aftertaste, which sometimes I do with artificial sweeteners

Thanks!!! You don’t happen to still have the container do you? I’m curious what the ingredients are and if they also use erythritol? That seems to be the make it or break it thing for me haha I really really like the taste of erythritol, but if it’s only stevia I probably won’t like it as much :/ if they use aspartame it’s a no-go, I don’t think they would but you never know.... I’m still iffy about artificial sweeteners like those and try not to have them even though plenty of research says they’re “safe”
  • supersocks117
    supersocks117 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I don’t see aspartame or stevia :)
  • hgycta
    edited May 2018
    Options

You’re amazing!!! Erythritol and monk fruit? That’s all I needed to know, I’m going to love it xD
    Does anyone know if all the Aldi’s have it, or just some? I tried calling but apparently stores don’t have their own phone numbers and I really don’t want to make a special trip to find out they don’t have it yet :/
  • thynes1313
    thynes1313 Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options

You’re amazing!!! Erythritol and monk fruit? That’s all I needed to know, I’m going to love it xD
    Does anyone know if all the Aldi’s have it, or just some? I tried calling but apparently stores don’t have their own phone numbers and I really don’t want to make a special trip to find out they don’t have it yet :/

My Aldi's didn't have it when I checked a couple weeks ago... have to check back and ask!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

I went to Aldis yesterday to check what was new (haven't been there in a few months) & they didn't have the new pints of ice cream.
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    The cashier at the vitamin shoppe said they’re going to have this sale until July 1st!
    m5xgy1de52aa.jpeg

I hate really good sales when I just don't need anything. Except the tortilla chips. I'm all over those tortilla chips.

someone tell me how they are I dont a vitaman shoppe close .. its basically gncs .. so i will have to travel a bit
  • vnb_208
    Options

I like the vanilla better then mint from aldis.. I just dont enjoy how small & tasteless the chocolate chips are.. the ice cream itself is very good though
  • hgycta
    Options
    The cashier at the vitamin shoppe said they’re going to have this sale until July 1st!
    m5xgy1de52aa.jpeg

I hate really good sales when I just don't need anything. Except the tortilla chips. I'm all over those tortilla chips.

someone tell me how they are I dont a vitaman shoppe close .. its basically gncs .. so i will have to travel a bit

I got both bags, I plan on trying them tonight with dinner I’ll let you know! ;) do you like their regular protein chips or have you not tried them? Because I might be biased, I like those and I imagine they’d be similar. But if not, I’ll let my mom try some, she hates the regular protein chips!
  • vnb_208
    Options
    m5xgy1de52aa.jpeg

I got both bags, I plan on trying them tonight with dinner I’ll let you know! ;) do you like their regular protein chips or have you not tried them? Because I might be biased, I like those and I imagine they’d be similar. But if not, I’ll let my mom try some, she hates the regular protein chips!

i do enjoy the quest protein chips lol so im crossing my fingers on these
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,598 Member
    Options
    m5xgy1de52aa.jpeg

I tried them during the quest labs thing and, from what I remember, they were pretty close to the doritos version. The texture was a tiny bit off but the taste was close.

And just order online. I don't have patience for stores anymore so if I can buy something online, it's better for everyone. :)

Also, free shipping for orders over $25.
  • vnb_208
    Options
    m5xgy1de52aa.jpeg

I tried them during the quest labs thing and, from what I remember, they were pretty close to the doritos version. The texture was a tiny bit off but the taste was close.

And just order online. I don't have patience for stores anymore so if I can buy something online, it's better for everyone. :)

I dont shop online for anything i hate payign for s&h and i def not gonna spend $25 way out my budget i can get 2 bags and thats pushing it lol
  • hgycta
    Options
    m5xgy1de52aa.jpeg

Maybe I’m weird but I swear everything tastes different after it’s been released from the labs. It seems like the calories go up by about 10, but the taste usually gets better. At least, that’s what I’ve noticed with the bars. So that makes me feel even better now I can’t wait to try them! It’s a shame their chocolates haven’t made it through yet, I actually really really enjoyed those before they made shipping unaffordable...