New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Has anyone did any of the buy one get one half off on Vitaminshoppe? I was going to get some of the Bang caffeine free Cotton Candy & whenever I put two in my cart it came up with the full amount. It did that even as I got to the part where I had to hit pay. When does it take the promo into consideration?

I bought 4 cases of chips. The two different flavors of tortilla chips and the cart had one at 17.99 and the other at 9.00. I had the same flavor for the regular chips and it added them together. The pricing was automatic when it hit the cart.

Edited because I went to the website and answered my own question.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    Has anyone did any of the buy one get one half off on Vitaminshoppe? I was going to get some of the Bang caffeine free Cotton Candy & whenever I put two in my cart it came up with the full amount. It did that even as I got to the part where I had to hit pay. When does it take the promo into consideration?

I bought 4 cases of chips. The two different flavors of tortilla chips and the cart had one at 17.99 and the other at 9.00. I had the same flavor for the regular chips and it added them together. The pricing was automatic when it hit the cart.

Edited because I went to the website and answered my own question.

I just went & looked again & it must be certain flavors! Ugh! The one I want is only 10% off. No thanks. It seems the caffeinated ones are on sale, but I don't tolerate energy drinks very well.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    100% old recipe Halo Top right here. Thank God, too, I LOVE the taste of Halo Top’s vanilla bean pint and them raising the calories in that was heartbreaking. I wish Aldi also came out with the lemon because that was another delicious one for 240 calories!
    dcnp62g89tyg.jpeg

Speaking of frustrating sales on only specific flavors of things, Shoprite’s pint sale excludes random flavors. For example, the birthday cake and mint Enlightened pints aren’t part of the $2.88 sale. But all their other flavors are. Weird.
    snza3to8wben.png
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    I must have gotten the mean representative because I didn't get the sample pack or coupons
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    I must have gotten the mean representative because I didn't get the sample pack or coupons

I could give you the email address of the lady I talked to. She was nice to me. And that sucks that Mint is excluded from the sale at Shop Rite! That was one I was planning to throw in to my shopping cart, lol. Oh well. I really wanna get my hands on the newest flavors I haven't tried yet. S'mores, Cookies and Cream, Glazed Donut, and maybe one other. Hell, I might just grab some doubles at that price!
  • hgycta
    Options
    So I went to a different GNC than I normally do and noticed they sell those SinFit cookies! I ordered some online so I didn’t get any, but shucks I wish I had waited - I could have saved on shipping AND had them sooner!
    i3zida8mwhsj.jpeg

Also noticed this Shamrock lean bar, which I picked up a box of. I hope it’s good! Has anyone here tried, let alone seen this before??
    dn3d374yooct.jpeg
  • hgycta
    Options
    Found the new Snickers bars in Shoprite! Picked up two espressos and one salty sweet!
    gg15bv972yb8.jpeg
  • hgycta
    edited June 2018
    Options
    My mom just tried the protein chips and her first words were “wow, this is really salty! I’m not used to anything this salty!”
    Personally, I love salt so I probably overlooked this aspect entirely. So heads up to those who don’t like salty things! That being said, she took the bag and went downstairs without giving them back, so I think she likes them xD

EDIT: When I wrote that, the ones she tried was cheddar. When she finished the bag she came back up and asked to try the ranch. She put one in her mouth said, “these are less salty” (I didn’t notice a difference personally but I have a high salt tolerance) then went downstairs with the bag. She yelled up, “they’re both amazing, order me some!” She’s very harsh on protein stuff so that’s a big two thumbs up!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    My mom just tried the protein chips and her first words were “wow, this is really salty! I’m not used to anything this salty!”
    Personally, I love salt so I probably overlooked this aspect entirely. So heads up to those who don’t like salty things! That being said, she took the bag and went downstairs without giving them back, so I think she likes them xD

EDIT: When I wrote that, the ones she tried was cheddar. When she finished the bag she came back up and asked to try the ranch. She put one in her mouth said, “these are less salty” (I didn’t notice a difference personally but I have a high salt tolerance) then went downstairs with the bag. She yelled up, “they’re both amazing, order me some!” She’s very harsh on protein stuff so that’s a big two thumbs up!

I LOVE salt so I will definitely be trying these! Might have to go get the sinister cookies today, I had no idea they carried them thank you!
  • hgycta
    edited June 2018
    Options

I LOVE salt so I will definitely be trying these! Might have to go get the sinister cookies today, I had no idea they carried them thank you!

I went on Vitamin Shoppe’s website to order and in addition to buy one get one half off, if you spend over $75 you get 20% off your order with the code BIRTHDAY. Not too shabby!

I ordered 6 boxes (3 of each flavor), and each box has 8 bags. With the coupon my total came to $64.76, or about $1.35 per bag of chips ($10.79 per case). I’m set for a very long time haha
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    b679204a5a25daedbea7a8.04169776_edit_img_facebook_post_image_file_16119370_1512429367.jpg

These are tasty!!!

I went on Vitamin Shoppe’s website to order and in addition to buy one get one half off, if you spend over $75 you get 20% off your order with the code BIRTHDAY. Not too shabby!

I ordered 6 boxes (3 of each flavor), and each box has 8 bags. With the coupon my total came to $64.76, or about $1.35 per bag of chips ($10.79 per case). I’m set for a very long time haha

If you go through Ebates you get 5% back too. Still... I know I'll like them but I don't know if I'll be able to go through 48 bags before they expire, LOL.
  • hgycta
    Options
    oruyae0ypp6g.png
  • hgycta
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Wow. These Snickers look nearly identical when I cut them!

Salty n Sweet Snickers: tastes like a salty version of regular snickers, but whereas I normally enjoy salty things it’s just... weird with this. I didn’t like it.

Espresso Snickers: First of all, the smell alone SCREAMS coffee! It’s more bitter than a normal Snickers bar, and while I enjoy it more, I feel like it would’ve paired better with a darker chocolate coating. The milk chocolate/espresso combination again, comes across as a little strange and doesn’t complement each other well. I didn’t hate it, but I won’t get it again, either. I’m freezing my other bar in hopes it’ll improve it.
    pmais3uk58sx.jpeg

I went to 2 Shoprites today in hopes that I would find some 240 calorie pints left by Halo Top. No success whatsoever. I caved and decided to try the 280 calorie Lemon Cake. It might be all in my head, but it feels less creamy and more tart. Definitely more of an upfront lemon flavoring than before and not as sweet. I don’t like it nearly as much :/ went from being one of my favorites behind Caramel Macchiato to way down on my list as flavors not to get again. I also noticed the Chocolate Banana pint went from 280 calories to 320... ugh.
    vv0c4cnx8mkt.jpeg
  • ncgirl8
    ncgirl8 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Thank you to the person who suggested I try Enlightened. Arctic Zero is still my low cal fave, but Breyers and Enlightened - love both.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Wow. These Snickers look nearly identical when I cut them!

Salty n Sweet Snickers: tastes like a salty version of regular snickers, but whereas I normally enjoy salty things it’s just... weird with this. I didn’t like it.

Espresso Snickers: First of all, the smell alone SCREAMS coffee! It’s more bitter than a normal Snickers bar, and while I enjoy it more, I feel like it would’ve paired better with a darker chocolate coating. The milk chocolate/espresso combination again, comes across as a little strange and doesn’t complement each other well. I didn’t hate it, but I won’t get it again, either. I’m freezing my other bar in hopes it’ll improve it.
    pmais3uk58sx.jpeg

I went to 2 Shoprites today in hopes that I would find some 240 calorie pints left by Halo Top. No success whatsoever. I caved and decided to try the 280 calorie Lemon Cake. It might be all in my head, but it feels less creamy and more tart. Definitely more of an upfront lemon flavoring than before and not as sweet. I don’t like it nearly as much :/ went from being one of my favorites behind Caramel Macchiato to way down on my list as flavors not to get again. I also noticed the Chocolate Banana pint went from 280 calories to 320... ugh.

I wonder if they've changed recipes on a lot of the pints? I tried the Sea Salt Caramel again & found it much more sweeter & enjoyable than the first few times I've tried it. I also thought the Caramel Macchiato had a more stronger coffee base, which I found a bit off putting & noticed it didn't taste as sweet.

If you try the newer recipe for Chocolate Banana let me know how it is, because I didn't care for the 280 calories one. Something about the flavor just seemed so artificial & boring compared to Enlightened's Bananas Foster flavor.
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    I wonder if the HT recipe changed due to some people finding pints had shrunk! There's probably something in the ingredients that caused it to do so.
  • hgycta
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I went to a third Shoprite and found 4 of the old lemon pints (240 calories) and the 5th pint was the new recipe (280 calories)! I grabbed all four! But I’m looking at the differences between the vanilla and lemon, it seems like the biggest difference is instead of using milk and cream they use skim milk now... which is odd. It definitely didn’t taste as creamy as I mentioned yesterday, it was more tart and upfront. But I’d think this change should bring the calories down, not up? Huh....
    gfkwhxd9vblu.jpeg
    rtmfvwry6hug.jpeg
    6hnpdniun24j.png
  • supersocks117
    supersocks117 Posts: 169 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I went to a third Shoprite and found 4 of the old lemon pints (240 calories) and the 5th pint was the new recipe (280 calories)! I grabbed all four! But I’m looking at the differences between the vanilla and lemon, it seems like the biggest difference is instead of using milk and cream they use skim milk now... which is odd. It definitely didn’t taste as creamy as I mentioned yesterday, it was more tart and upfront. But I’d think this change should bring the calories down, not up? Huh....
    gfkwhxd9vblu.jpeg
    rtmfvwry6hug.jpeg
    6hnpdniun24j.png

There's cream in the higher one as well, just further down. I wonder if they just separated the two ingredients - but didn't necessarily lower the amount of cream since before it was counted with the milk? Is the grams in the serving size different as well, despite being 1/2 cup still?

• hgycta
    Options
    gfkwhxd9vblu.jpeg
    rtmfvwry6hug.jpeg
    6hnpdniun24j.png

There's cream in the higher one as well, just further down. I wonder if they just separated the two ingredients - but didn't necessarily lower the amount of cream since before it was counted with the milk?

By law they have to list ingredients in the order of weight, so if it’s first there’s more of it in the product than things closer to the end of the list. So they’re using less cream; I don’t know HOW much less, but it’s enough for me to tell and not like it nearly as much. I have the vanilla so I’m curious how that one will be.... usually I don’t like lemon flavored things because they’re so tart (as the newer pint is), but the old recipe didn’t have that tartness. So I guess we’ll see! I’m hoping for the best with the vanilla, but it’s still a shame they’re going up in calories.