New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Wow I’m really blowing up these forums, I’m sorry!
    I just got the Farm & Oven sampler pack I ordered today, and I’m impressed! The zucchini lemon poppy seed sounded the least exciting to me so of course I decided to get that one out of the way first. I wish I had more! Very good taste and even better microwaved. Soft, filling, and very sweet. My mother didn’t like it, but couldn’t put her finger on what she didn’t like about it. As soon as I try the other flavors I’m ordering more!
    6wrh0oc5brrw.jpeg
    r9wzazc8rdej.jpeg
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    I just got the Farm & Oven sampler pack I ordered today, and I’m impressed! The zucchini lemon poppy seed sounded the least exciting to me so of course I decided to get that one out of the way first. I wish I had more! Very good taste and even better microwaved. Soft, filling, and very sweet. My mother didn’t like it, but couldn’t put her finger on what she didn’t like about it. As soon as I try the other flavors I’m ordering more!
    6wrh0oc5brrw.jpeg
    r9wzazc8rdej.jpeg

I also ordered a sample pack and they arrived yesterday. I tried the chocolate beet one and really liked it. Didn't microwave, so I'm going to have the zucchini now and microwave first. Thanks for the review!
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    I'm happy about the green ketchup too! I remember when colored ketchup was all the rage in the late 90s/early 2000s. You could get it at Burger King too. I think there was a purple, green, and maybe a blue.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    6wrh0oc5brrw.jpeg
    r9wzazc8rdej.jpeg

Wow I am surprised you liked them so much! I didn't really like any except the chocolate beet. I found them very boring especially the carrot one. I didn't microwave though, so I will try that next time since I have a whole box now lol.
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    p5moreebcbtq.jpg
    Walmart brand now has protein cookies i didnt get them today but ill be back for them
  • vnb_208
    Options
    a5sigmvb00a6.jpg

Snickerdoodle nutrition for equate compelte cookie
  • hgycta
    Options
    I tried the chocolate SinFit cookie and since I don’t learn from my mistakes I microwaved half.
    Again, it did that weird cake thing. But it was ok this time, it sort of made it feel like a chewy brownie! That being said, it still wasn’t very sweet and had a slight protein bar taste. Even though I didn’t mind it microwaved, it’s still A LOT better room temperature. It’s way more fudge-like this way. I’d call it a brownie before I ever call it a cookie, but I might consider getting it again.
    9q9ermqr23wt.jpeg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    I tried the chocolate SinFit cookie and since I don’t learn from my mistakes I microwaved half.
    Again, it did that weird cake thing. But it was ok this time, it sort of made it feel like a chewy brownie! That being said, it still wasn’t very sweet and had a slight protein bar taste. Even though I didn’t mind it microwaved, it’s still A LOT better room temperature. It’s way more fudge-like this way. I’d call it a brownie before I ever call it a cookie, but I might consider getting it again.
    9q9ermqr23wt.jpeg

Thanks so much for the review. Amazing that they look SOOOOO incredible yet taste so mediocre, lol.
  • hgycta
    Options
    The beet dark chocolate is... well, awful. But then again, I still have to hand it to the company - I normally can’t stomach beets whatsoever but I was able to finish all three. The flavor comes out more when heated up in the microwave so I won’t do that again with this flavor. Lemon is without a doubt my favorite, and I might chew some gum soon to get that beet aftertaste out of my mouth! Love the texture though.
    ooelc6yykw0h.jpeg

Also, I splurged on that offer for the Dough Bar on their donut day sale. I wrote to them asking that the extra donut wouldn’t be green tea or chili mango, and they honored my request by making the extra flavor Cinnamon Toast Crunch thank goodness! I got the variety pack with eclipse pie, toffee, dark chocolate waffle cone, and Oreo cheesecake. Also got the crispy bar so I’m curious how it will compare to Enlightened’s version!
    4pmm6q4awrcz.jpeg
  • vnb_208
    Options
    The beet dark chocolate is... well, awful. But then again, I still have to hand it to the company - I normally can’t stomach beets whatsoever but I was able to finish all three. The flavor comes out more when heated up in the microwave so I won’t do that again with this flavor. Lemon is without a doubt my favorite, and I might chew some gum soon to get that beet aftertaste out of my mouth! Love the texture though.
    ooelc6yykw0h.jpeg

Also, I splurged on that offer for the Dough Bar on their donut day sale. I wrote to them asking that the extra donut wouldn’t be green tea or chili mango, and they honored my request by making the extra flavor Cinnamon Toast Crunch thank goodness! I got the variety pack with eclipse pie, toffee, dark chocolate waffle cone, and Oreo cheesecake. Also got the crispy bar so I’m curious how it will compare to Enlightened’s version!
    4pmm6q4awrcz.jpeg

ughh i want the donuts!!!! :'(:'(:'(
  • hgycta
    Options
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    a5sigmvb00a6.jpg

Wait, a serving size is half a cookie? Who on earth only eats half a cookie?!

The same person who only eats 2 oreo cookies... or one pop tart.... xD Nutrition labels are sometimes wacky like that!
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    a5sigmvb00a6.jpg

Wait, a serving size is half a cookie? Who on earth only eats half a cookie?!

The same person who only eats 2 oreo cookies... or one pop tart.... xD Nutrition labels are sometimes wacky like that!

I guess the manufacturer wanted to limit the calories of the product and limited the portion size to what seemed reasonable. Cos 400 calories for one cookie is a lot.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Funny @hgycta I loved the beet the best but I do lovee beets in general. I hated the carrot and found the lemon and pecan good but nothing amazing. What did you think of those ? I don’t think I posted photo of maple in my review. I had the beet cold from the fridge.
  • hgycta
    Options
    Funny @hgycta I loved the beet the best but I do lovee beets in general. I hated the carrot and found the lemon and pecan good but nothing amazing. What did you think of those ? I don’t think I posted photo of maple in my review. I had the beet cold from the fridge.

I haven’t tried those yet, I’ve been kind of slow and going through one pack a day haha but I’ll let you know! Funny how different people like completely different things! :p
  • vnb_208
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Most protein cookies are 400 cals.The recommened serving size is for 2 . Read the labels carefully! I once ate a lenny and Larry cookie thinking it was 200 cal nope it was 400. I eat lenny & larry cookies faithfully actually eating half of the birthday cake cookie tonight ive learned 4oz is 400+ and 2oz are usally 180-200.
  • vnb_208
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Oh man, this mint chip Aldi’s ice cream is actually my favorite one. Definitely a Halo Top, but I thought the chocolate chips were great! Just the right amount and very chocolatey in my opinion. Strong mint flavor and just sweet enough. Don’t mind my pajamas ;P
    w0r25d8xl6ks.jpeg

Really Ihave 3 pints sitting in the freezer I like the mint flavor but I didnt enjoy the chocolate chips they weren't sweet enough's and so tiny
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Oh man, this mint chip Aldi’s ice cream is actually my favorite one. Definitely a Halo Top, but I thought the chocolate chips were great! Just the right amount and very chocolatey in my opinion. Strong mint flavor and just sweet enough. Don’t mind my pajamas ;P
    w0r25d8xl6ks.jpeg

Can't go wrong with mint chip! :) And ice cream is best eaten in pjs ;)
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    Options

I loved the beet the best too, and I also loved the maple carrot whatever that flavor was. I took one bite of zucchini one and gave the rest to my 2 year old. That one was not good at all. He ate the whole thing haha