New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    B for Blasphemy if this means pancakes are becoming less important >~< </3
    q7bxvk82evk6.jpeg
  • hgycta
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    hgycta wrote: »
    B for Blasphemy if this means pancakes are becoming less important >~< </3
    q7bxvk82evk6.jpeg

B for breakfast is my guess. Seems like an expensive, unnecessary change though.

As long as all those ihoP gift cards I ordered through Amazon’s lightning deals works I’m good haha, if not that’s pretty messed up...
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    Anyone? I didn't even see these on the Impulsive Buy.

I heard they were coming out with these they are already out omg I NEEEEED THESE NOW!!! I have been begging for a pistachio product for years! and CHOCOLATE PISTACHIO?! YESS
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

I heard they were coming out with these they are already out omg I NEEEEED THESE NOW!!! I have been begging for a pistachio product for years! and CHOCOLATE PISTACHIO?! YESS

Maybe Josh passed along your idea for a pistachio product :p.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Wow. These Snickers look nearly identical when I cut them!

Salty n Sweet Snickers: tastes like a salty version of regular snickers, but whereas I normally enjoy salty things it’s just... weird with this. I didn’t like it.

Espresso Snickers: First of all, the smell alone SCREAMS coffee! It’s more bitter than a normal Snickers bar, and while I enjoy it more, I feel like it would’ve paired better with a darker chocolate coating. The milk chocolate/espresso combination again, comes across as a little strange and doesn’t complement each other well. I didn’t hate it, but I won’t get it again, either. I’m freezing my other bar in hopes it’ll improve it.
    pmais3uk58sx.jpeg

I went to 2 Shoprites today in hopes that I would find some 240 calorie pints left by Halo Top. No success whatsoever. I caved and decided to try the 280 calorie Lemon Cake. It might be all in my head, but it feels less creamy and more tart. Definitely more of an upfront lemon flavoring than before and not as sweet. I don’t like it nearly as much :/ went from being one of my favorites behind Caramel Macchiato to way down on my list as flavors not to get again. I also noticed the Chocolate Banana pint went from 280 calories to 320... ugh.
    vv0c4cnx8mkt.jpeg

I agree with the lemon flavor being stronger. But honestly a 40 calorie increase isn't really anything to get worked up about. I usually count them higher anyway because of the net carbs.
  • hgycta
    Options
    It’s not the fact that it’s 40 calories so much as it is the whole idea that they’ve been increasing the calories in all their pints. When I first fell in love with Halo Top, the chocolate was 240 calories, then it went up to 280 calories (“only 40”). Now, it’s going up another “only 40” calories to 320. What’s next, is it just going to continue this trend for all their flavors? I fell in love with Halo Top for being low calorie, so if they keep moving away from this, a lot of their target customers are going to slip through their fingers and land in the hands of competitors like Enlightened, which has been doing the opposite (the Butter Pecan went from 400 a pint to 360). It’s MUCH more favorable to lose 40 calories than go up 40, especially in this type of industry.

The new recipe for the vanilla isn’t as offensive as the lemon, but it’s still not as good in my opinion or worth the extra 40 calories. It’s less sweet now :/ definitely a lot less noticeable difference, though.
    9brbmrr7y72t.jpeg

Also, that espresso Snickers is 10x better if you freeze it first! It’s so much yummier! Reminds me of a coffee flsvored Heath Bar this way. :)
    5boinhqs84g3.jpeg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

Hahahahaha ;) I went to target but no luck. Hope they have soon. Also got this email and I picked apple pie no one else has an apple cookie so I’m hoping it’s good. They really are trying to get customers back. Free samples are starting to win be over, I am a sucker for freebies lol. g7we1iaa5eng.jpeg
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options

I heard they were coming out with these they are already out omg I NEEEEED THESE NOW!!! I have been begging for a pistach

io product for years! and CHOCOLATE PISTACHIO?! YESS

Hahahahaha ;) I went to target but no luck. Hope they have soon. Also got this email and I picked apple pie no one else has an apple cookie so I’m hoping it’s good. They really are trying to get customers back. Free samples are starting to win be over, I am a sucker for freebies lol. g7we1iaa5eng.jpeg

Hey, it's my new friend, Taryn! :)

• skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Taryn was the one who sent me the cookies too -- she rocks! And, omg, I'm eating Enlightened's Cookies and Cream pint right now as I type this and I'm gonna have a hard time only eating half (as I usually do). This is so yummy. Easily one of their best flavors.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    The chilly cow did nothing for me either. Boring tasting

@skelterhelter you got your cookies too? Did you call her? I might have to do that too
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

@skelterhelter you got your cookies too? Did you call her? I might have to do that too

Email. She had originally told me I couldn't get the cookies because of the emails not matching, but when I emailed her to ask again, she sent me out some cookies. I still haven't gotten them yet but they're on the way. I'd email her and ask the same. Just tell her your email should match and that you'd still like the cookies (and that you will offer feedback).

taryn@lennylarry.com
  • HeyJudii
    HeyJudii Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    These aren't a "new" product, but I just recently discovered how much I love them - raw yellow, red and orange bell peppers. The green ones, not so much raw, but cooked they are great. I also cook with the other 3 colors but they are a great snack raw. So sweet, crisp and juicy.

I also purchased 2 (one for work, one for home) small jewelry scales, since the larger kitchen scales I own don't weigh in the grams portions I need them to.
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    636567277378911335-5089c47f4d9fd0d4862a8308a5d4b34cb098e5abc4d2579478f75a2eebf9025f.jpg

I really don't get the hype. The base is bland, the texture is way off.... not satisfying at all. I'd much rather have one serving of regular ice cream.

So thankful for your review. I kept putting it off b/c $6 for 2 half pints is a bit much for me
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

Email. She had originally told me I couldn't get the cookies because of the emails not matching, but when I emailed her to ask again, she sent me out some cookies. I still haven't gotten them yet but they're on the way. I'd email her and ask the same. Just tell her your email should match and that you'd still like the cookies (and that you will offer feedback).

qs2srn9dto36.png

same thing with me but she sent me coupons instead of cookies
  • hgycta
    Options
    So.... green ketchup is back in Walmart according to Candy Hunting, and it should be available now XD I'm actually really happy about this!
    wec3ptxzcm8r.png
  • hgycta
    Options
    So, this is a thing. I'm excited, and not just because it means I can finally order a frappe that's not going to be over 400 calories for a small. Well, maybe that's part of the reason....
    xs0kfxa0jew4.png