New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    These 7 Eleven ice creams are the Bomb! S'mores is the best. Omg go out and try. Not kidding here.
    5za178n9id5q.jpg
    I was just on vacation where there were 7elevens everywhere and saw they had their own ice cream. Unfortunately we were there on our way to a hike, so no ice cream for us. Now I wish I'd stopped by and picked some up just to give it a try!
    they have good gelato too-oh, wait, that was kwik trip. i get the two confused
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Just tried the Pumpkin Spice Chobani - I don't remember if this is a slightly different formulation than what they had last year, last year I remember not loving their yogurt (compared to Noosa which TOTALLY spoiled me), but this one was pretty good. In full disclosure, this was my first pumpkin anything of the year so I think it was bound to taste good!

I bought one of the Dannon & Chobani to try. The Dannon was very good & creamy & haven't tried the Chobani yet. I am sure I'll buy one of the Noosas before Halloween is over or before they set up for Christmas :D!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    k2-_7a76c04a-37a8-4967-836b-6ee22824f710.v2.jpg

I saw these at the gas station and had to try one. They were actually really tasty.

It reminded me of a real grocery store cake only reversed. The outer ice cream was kinda bland, but the inner vanilla was amazingly sweet.

I might have to try these.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    This had plenty of date flavor (which I like), but I can't see myself buying these again. The buckwheat gave it an odd texture. I got it for only $0.29, though.
    0000504_raisin-crunch-bar_250.png
    This has a really nice mild chocolate flavor. I was expecting it to be more like chocolate pudding, but it's even better.
    raw-chocolate-yogurt.jpg
    I got this for free a few weeks ago. It tastes just like their chocolate soypudding, and it doesn't have that weird thin texture that almondmilk products usually have.
    choco-almond-pudding.jpg
    w66o5mj4t89e.jpg

Fun fact: I have never had a Twinkie...
    Same here.
    @vinegar_husbands

Tried the Mango Chia Pod yesterday & it was one of the worst things I have ever ate in my life.

Was it the texture? :o

Not so much the texture, but it literally had no taste to it. Bland definitely bland.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options
    Nutritional yeast. Might be good to put on a steamed veggies as i hate eating them unless its stir fry or with sauce

It's really good on steamed veggies and also on eggs.

I've heard it's good on popcorn too but I stopped eating as much as I used to so haven't had a chance to try it.

• ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    VegasFit wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    VegasFit wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been posted but I am loving this stuff right now. A little pricey but worth it IMO.

11150152_720870538039049_2404463238942007760_n_zpszknm6kxa.png

I've only found the vanilla one, and it was actually a downer the second time I bought it... maybe because the first time I was expecting to find it nasty, and it wasn't, but the second time I expected it to taste better than it did... if that makes sense, lol. It's still decent for the calories though, but I want to try the chocolate and birthday cake ones.

Vanilla is probably my least favorite but that would be the case for me with any froyo or ice cream. The only one I haven't tried is the chocolate mocha chip. So far I haven't seen it available to purchase. I usually buy the chocolate, mint chip and birthday cake. It taste a million times better to me than Artic Zero. I have containers of that in the fridge that I can't even eat cause it's so nasty! Lol.

Totally agree! I got the strawberry flavor. I have a huge sweet tooth and I hate to waste food. I couldn't even force myself to finish eating this crap and ended up throwing it away. Tasted like strawberry ice - you know that fake kind of ice cream that's really just cold, mushy, blah...?! Ugh!
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Yeah I bought the Artic zero- chocolate peanut butter- it was horrible- I had to throw it out and it cost nearly $5.00 .Made me so mad- lol
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    debtay123 wrote: »
    Yeah I bought the Artic zero- chocolate peanut butter- it was horrible- I had to throw it out and it cost nearly $5.00 .Made me so mad- lol
    It's funny, I was looking through my old phone messages and saw that I had almost sent a picture of a tub of Arctic Zero to my dad. I have no idea why I almost sent that to him.

• TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Brownie Batter Oreos, which I just bought. The nutrition label has a sense of humor. It says the serving size is two cookies!024.gif
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    txdrew44 wrote: »
    I wanted to try the Elli Quark 'yogurt/cheese'. I finally found some at central market. Unfortunately the taste does not meet the hype. It is thin and fairly sour. Not cheesy tasting at all. Certainly not as cheesy as say, dannon greek, or fagi greek yogurts. Also, it has no more protein than greek yogurts(14-15 gms) A big disappointment! I tossed the last two containers. I wont be getting any more.

Yep, very disappointed in those here too :(

Me too. There was an unpleasant chalky undertaste I couldn't get past. Mine got tossed too.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Finally heard back from the Chia Pods company about coupons... Nope.

Well, not a big loss apparently.
  • clh72569
    clh72569 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Nutritional yeast? The kind you put in bread? Just want to try it on my popcorn.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    clh72569 wrote: »
    Nutritional yeast? The kind you put in bread? Just want to try it on my popcorn.

I have a friend that loves it on popcorn. I tried it and thought it was disgusting.

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    It's not new to the market, but new to me!
    Lenny & Larry's cookies!!! They're vegan and gluten free, which makes it seem like it would taste horrible (sorry!), but they were actually DELICIOUS. They're about the size of your head and come in so many flavors! I tried the Lemon Poppy flavor this morning, but they also have Pumpkin Spice, Peanut Butter, White Chocolate Macadamia, Snickerdoodle, and so many more!!! They also have brownies!!!

I tried their White Chocolate Macadamia cookie & it was really good.

Lenny-And-Larrys-The-Vegan-Complete-Cookie-White-Chocolate-Macadamia-787692835607.jpg

I want to try the Snickerdoodle, Pumpkin Spice, & Lemon Poppy flavors now.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Lenny & Larry's cookies!!! They're vegan and gluten free, which makes it seem like it would taste horrible (sorry!), but they were actually DELICIOUS. They're about the size of your head and come in so many flavors! I tried the Lemon Poppy flavor this morning, but they also have Pumpkin Spice, Peanut Butter, White Chocolate Macadamia, Snickerdoodle, and so many more!!! They also have brownies!!!

Lenny-And-Larrys-The-Vegan-Complete-Cookie-White-Chocolate-Macadamia-787692835607.jpg

Ok second time I've heard of those... where do I find them?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

I bought mine at GNC, but I might order a few other flavors on another site if I can find them cheaper.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options

I bought mine at GNC, but I might order a few other flavors on another site if I can find them cheaper.

I get mine at the Vitamin Shoppe! ;) They also have muscle brownies which are really good in my opinion!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options
    clh72569 wrote: »

Not the same thing. Nutritional yeast is...well...not sure *what* it is but you don't bake bread with it. :) You can find it with spices at Whole Foods or in probably any natural food store.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited September 2015
    Options

I get mine at the Vitamin Shoppe! ;) They also have muscle brownies which are really good in my opinion!

Thanks for the heads up. Since we got a bonus at work I put in an order for the Pumpkin Spice, Lemon Poppy, & Snickerdoodle cookies.

I also ordered a few boxes of the Combat Crunch Birthday Cake on GNC, one of the Quest Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, & another brands cookie dough to see how they compare. I was going to order a box of the GNC Vanilla Birthday Cake since it's a lot cheaper than The Combat Crunch bars, but they were on back order. Anyone try those yet?

If the other brand ends up being better or the same with the cookie dough I'll order that one from now on.

pGNC1-19659611t300x300.jpg