New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    @hgycta It was at an Uncle Giuseppe's market, which may be a local to Long Island thing. The brand is Roar. I myself don't like coconut water because of the texture, so I may have to try that protein scoop method.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Dannon-Oikos-Berry-Crumble-Blended-Greek-Yogurt.jpg?resize=550%2C550&ssl=1

Not bad... but still not as good as the regular full fat raspberry. I got the peach cobbler one too, but not really expecting anything different.
  • AmberGlitterSparkles
    AmberGlitterSparkles Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Sp1tfire wrote: »
    s9ag2v4ma0x4.png

@Hgycta I don't know if any convenience stores near you sell this brand, but Kwik Trips across MN-WI-IA have these right now!
    Speedway gas stations carry them too
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Sp1tfire wrote: »
    s9ag2v4ma0x4.png

@Hgycta I don't know if any convenience stores near you sell this brand, but Kwik Trips across MN-WI-IA have these right now!
    Speedway gas stations carry them too

They’re everywhere in Maryland - Royal Farms, Wawa, just about any gas station except for 7-11!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    This is meh. You could call it Vanilla Latte or any coffee name. I tried it with unsweetened almond milk, slight coffee-ish flavor. I added cold coffee to it and it was better. I might make some coffee ice cubes and then try to blend those in.

oxipmryvxcqf.jpeg
  • Moter98
    Moter98 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I loved the quest cold brew! I add coffee syrup to it and blend with ice to make a frappe.
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    I guess I will stick with my almond milk, vanilla protein mix & instant coffee as my morning shake
  • hgycta
    Options
    This is meh. You could call it Vanilla Latte or any coffee name. I tried it with unsweetened almond milk, slight coffee-ish flavor. I added cold coffee to it and it was better. I might make some coffee ice cubes and then try to blend those in.

oxipmryvxcqf.jpeg

Thanks for the review!!!! Have you ever tried Chike or Click’s protein coffee mix?? I wonder how it compares to those... I’m not nuts about Click but I’m addicted to Chike!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    My niece had a bunch of these these at her bridal shower and I thought of the cotton candy lovers on here. The cookies and cream and cookie butter were my FAVORITE!! Just delicious, and really different. I've never had flavored cotton candy before, lol.

The cookies n cream had little tiny bits of cookie in it. The cookie butter really tasted like trader jo cookie butter. I wasn't a fan of the fruity flavors just because I love the traditional cotton candy flavor the most. They were fun and interesting to try though. I looked up the company afterwards and see they have like 20 flavors. Too bad they aren't sold in stores and are crazy expensive. ogzg4gkprml0.png
  • hgycta
    Options
    My niece had a bunch of these these at her bridal shower and I thought of the cotton candy lovers on here. The cookies and cream and cookie butter were my FAVORITE!! Just delicious, and really different. I've never had flavored cotton candy before, lol.

The cookies n cream had little tiny bits of cookie in it. The cookie butter really tasted like trader jo cookie butter. I wasn't a fan of the fruity flavors just because I love the traditional cotton candy flavor the most. They were fun and interesting to try though. I looked up the company afterwards and see they have like 20 flavors. Too bad they aren't sold in stores and are crazy expensive. ogzg4gkprml0.png

I actually have those in my wish list on Etsy LOL! I’ve never had them but I’m glad you rated them so positively, I might splurge now on that Li Hing Pineapple flavor ive been wanting! I was at the Baltimore Harbor and spent over $5 each on It’s Sugar branded cotton candy in chocolate hazelnut, birthday cake, and cookies & cream. Honestly I wasn’t impressed at all with it and liked regular cotton candy more, which is the only reason I haven’t tried the other flavored versions yet :/
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »

oxipmryvxcqf.jpeg

Thanks for the review!!!! Have you ever tried Chike or Click’s protein coffee mix?? I wonder how it compares to those... I’m not nuts about Click but I’m addicted to Chike!

No, I haven't...
  • mg720
    mg720 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    yourad0rk wrote: »
    I've been on a bit of a protein hype the past few weeks and was really looking around for some good bars and found Quest Bars, I bought the 'Cookies and Cream' and 'Double Chocolate Chunk'. They're horrible, they taste like artificial sweetener and salt, and I can never stomach more than half a bar in one sitting, I've found that they're more palatable when cold, although that means they're harsh on your teeth. But despite all that, they're really good for you, and not a bad (even if horrid tasting) filling snack for on the go.

I'm interested in trying the Quest Protein chips though, and have bought some BBQ flavoured ones which I'm still waiting on in the post. Fingers crossed they taste better than the bars, and also better than 'Protein Bites' by Novo which carry a very strange taste regardless of flavour.

so funny i actually really like the quest bars but i might just be used to them because i have been eating them for years. i also like the quest protein powder, quest chips, and quest cookies :)
  • vnb_208
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Has anyone tried these, I've tried making couscous/barley on a few separate occasion but just couldn't get it done correctly. I also suck at making rice so I thought maybe this would be easier.

s7lbb7sgegt3.png
  • vnb_208
    edited July 2018
    Options
    mg720 wrote: »
    I've been on a bit of a protein hype the past few weeks and was really looking around for some good bars and found Quest Bars, I bought the 'Cookies and Cream' and 'Double Chocolate Chunk'. They're horrible, they taste like artificial sweetener and salt, and I can never stomach more than half a bar in one sitting, I've found that they're more palatable when cold, although that means they're harsh on your teeth. But despite all that, they're really good for you, and not a bad (even if horrid tasting) filling snack for on the go.

I'm interested in trying the Quest Protein chips though, and have bought some BBQ flavoured ones which I'm still waiting on in the post. Fingers crossed they taste better than the bars, and also better than 'Protein Bites' by Novo which carry a very strange taste regardless of flavour.

so funny i actually really like the quest bars but i might just be used to them because i have been eating them for years. i also like the quest protein powder, quest chips, and quest cookies :)

I absolutely HATE the quest cookies stick w/ lenny & larrys & HATE the bars too since I found ONE bars
    love quest chips sour cream & cheddar, the new nacho cheese my favs
    & also love quest protein powder.
  • Kalex1975
    Kalex1975 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    mg720 wrote: »

Me as well, like them a lot! My favorites are the chocolate chip cookie dough and blueberry muffin Questbars.
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried these, I've tried making couscous/barley on a few separate occasion but just couldn't get it done correctly. I also suck at making rice so I thought maybe this would be easier.

s7lbb7sgegt3.png

Yes I used to use those when I was first learning to cook. They're very good! I especially like the cheese broccoli rice flavor, and they're simple enough to use. Not sure how much salt is in them though because after I would always be super thirsty.
  • hgycta
    Options
    So I ended up ordering the chocolate e’toiles from Chatila’s Bakery on Linda’s Diet Delites website anyways... not only was it less expensive (especially since they gave me free shipping for my birthday), but it was packaged so much better!!! Seriously, just look at the difference! I can’t believe Chatila’s would charge so much more (over twice as much) to ship something so terrible! That being said, they did firm up a little in the fridge and they’re delicious!!!!
    qq7mxz6dru2e.jpeg
    wr8zt3fsg0jp.jpeg
    hliiun0y0rgu.jpeg
  • hgycta
    Options
    A bunch of new things I NEED to get my hands on!!!
    fcn3y1fuydxt.png
    o0gw0wpbd3fp.png

And (drumroll)....
    867te5esr2ym.png

I'm pretty upset IHOP discontinued my favorite red velvet pancakes when they changed the name to IHOB. I think it's funny, however, that Denny's decided to release a mexican tres leches flavor stack given that one of IHOP's newer stacks was that very flavor.
    That being said, I tried the mexican tres leches pancakes from IHOP (the second time being last night, go figure) and both times I found it mediocre at best. 680 calories for a stack of four, but it's their buttermilk pancakes with sauce on top that doesn't taste like much more than subtle vanilla... doesn't do true tres leches cake any justice! Should've been heavier mousse layered between each pancake like their other flavors! That being said, Denny's new mexican tres leches stack is 910 calories... for TWO (not four like IHOP)! Their strawberry citrus is a bit more reasonable, 730 calories, but again, for TWO Pancakes!
    cdgfhdicvzqi.png
  • ccol4him
    ccol4him Posts: 79 Member
    Options
      Alternasweets BBQ sauce and catsup. Unfortunately, the ketchup bottle broke and I didn't eat much of it. Got it in a monthly box. One I have, but haven't tried yet is Palmini linguine made with palm hearts. Also from my monthly box. https://allsharktankproducts.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/OA-foods-shark-tank.jpg I'm not crazy about plain water and don't want a lot of sweetener so I use LaCroix flavored sparkling water.,
  • ccol4him
    ccol4him Posts: 79 Member
    Options

oxipmryvxcqf.jpeg

I haven't had this yet. Sounds yummy.