New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    mom2colbyj wrote: »
    eak7kugjdaaw.jpeg
    Finally had one today. It was good but I didn’t really get a toffee flavor or any hint of salt. I got more of a butterscotch taste and you could definitely taste the white chocolate chips that were in it. All in all I give it a 7/10 and most likely won’t purchase again.
    Darn this sounds and looks so good thanks for review I probably won’t try if nothing special
  • mom2colbyj
    mom2colbyj Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    eak7kugjdaaw.jpeg
    Finally had one today. It was good but I didn’t really get a toffee flavor or any hint of salt. I got more of a butterscotch taste and you could definitely taste the white chocolate chips that were in it. All in all I give it a 7/10 and most likely won’t purchase again.
    Darn this sounds and looks so good thanks for review I probably won’t try if nothing special
    eak7kugjdaaw.jpeg

If you can buy it as an individual bar and not have to buy the entire box I'd say try it. I think I was hoping for more of the toffee flavor and I'm not a fan of white chocolate so that may have been a factor. I really like the Peanut Butter Honey with Sea Salt one though as it's just a simple flavor that tastes exactly like you would expect it to.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    eak7kugjdaaw.jpeg

I had the toffee buzz cliff bar during my powerlifting meet. It was decent in that it tasted sweet but didn’t really remind me of toffee and couldn’t tell the caffeine was there either. Toffee is a great idea but a hard flavor to put in this type of bar it seems.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I got my nush cakes too and considering just throwing them in the trash after reading this thread.
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    I got my first cauliflower pizza from a local spot and im so dissappointed its not a pizza its more like a dish i cant pick it up have to eat with a fork
  • mom2colbyj
    Options
    DawnEmbers wrote: »
    eak7kugjdaaw.jpeg

I had the toffee buzz cliff bar during my powerlifting meet. It was decent in that it tasted sweet but didn’t really remind me of toffee and couldn’t tell the caffeine was there either. Toffee is a great idea but a hard flavor to put in this type of bar it seems.

It must be because I agree with the Toffee Buzz not having much of a toffee flavor either. I can't comment on the caffeine because I'm pretty immune to the effects since I drink so much on a normal basis. Guess I'll stick with my chocolate covered toffee when the craving hits.
  • vnb_208
    Options
    adkrij1wvn6m.jpg
  • vnb_208
    Options
    I like my nush banana so far
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Tried the Nush Carrot Spice Cake & agree it's flavorless & boring!

At least it was free.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    adkrij1wvn6m.jpg

That actually looks really good.
  • glassyo
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I got my nush cakes too and considering just throwing them in the trash after reading this thread.

Eh, at least take a taste. You never know.
  • vnb_208
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    adkrij1wvn6m.jpg

Is it suppose to be so mushy
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    My thought process eating this:
    1.) It’s weird without raisins...
    2.) This isn’t as sweet as I was expecting...
    3.) Is that rosemary?
    4.) Wait, it is sort of sweet...
    5.) it’s like soggy cardboard but sweet and has nuts...

Nope, not getting again. Very weird experience. It’s actually better out of the fridge but don’t even waste your time microwaving it! That makes the texture worse than it already is because it gets more spongy.

I’ve been wanting to try these for A WHILE so I’m glad I didn’t waste my money to find out how underwhelming it is!! And carrot cake without cream cheese is just as blasphemous as Halo Top’s red velvet pint without cream cheese. I can’t support that.
    str0olyg1alz.jpeg
  • glassyo
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    adkrij1wvn6m.jpg

Nooooooo clue. This was the first I've seen or heard of it. :)
  • vnb_208
    Options
    My understanding of cauliflower crust pizza .. was to be like an actual pizza and mine was far from that I should of just bought the frozen caulipower brand
  • mom2colbyj
    Options
    Now I'm afraid to try the Nush Cakes. With all the talk of rosemary I went and looked at the ingredients list and they all contain rosemary extract. I can't stand rosemary so my hopes are not high of liking these at all. Well at least I didn't pay for them.
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Oh my, Aldi's version of Halo Top is actually good! I'm eating the Mint Chip and I don't think I'll be able to stop at half the pint. I still like the Enlightened Mint Chip more (I'm partial to green mint chip ice cream), but this is damn good.

And you all are scaring me this NUSH talk lol. I still haven't gotten mine, but from the sounds of it I don't think I should be excited.
  • asonrody
    asonrody Posts: 83 Member
    Options

From recipes I've seen for cauliflower, you're supposed to squeeze the water out. If it's too mushy, they probably skipped that step.
  • supersocks117
    supersocks117 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    @Noreenmarie1234

Did you try this flavor yet?

Clif-Sweet-Salty-Caramel-Toffee-with-Sea-Salt-Bar.jpg?resize=550%2C550&ssl=1

Not this one but I think new too the sweet and salty peanut butter honey. I loved it. It was salty enough - I’m always bummed when things are too sweet and not salty enough, and this was perfect. We ended up buying a box after I tried one for a snack while shopping.