New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    So I never got into that Quest panel where they send all the goodies out, but I’m a Sweet Smarts champion which is sort of the same thing but for Sweet Smarts!
    They’ve been working on a recipe change where they add a second fiber source (prebiotic, non-GMO corn fiber which lowers it to less than 100% DV of fiber per pack), and removed carrageenan.

I tried the newer formula alongside the old formula, and there’s not really a huge difference. The company boasts they’re more sour and have more flavor, but it’s not as noticeable as they make it out to be. If I hadn’t known, I would’ve just assumed I got lucky with a pack having more sour powder on it, because that’s really the only difference I notice. The texture is the same and dare I say it, even the flavor.

That being said, I’m thankful, because I was worried it would be like when Quest changed their formula and turned a lot of people away from their products! Smart Sweets will still be just as good tasting!

My only worry is that this might change its nutritional facts, I’m hoping the calories aren’t going up because I liked eating a full pack of gummies for only 80 calories!!!! I guess time will tell, the pack they sent me didn’t have any calories listed o:
    79eo38lzm88c.jpeg
    jwf3hg3ocszh.jpeg
    arwiozfb3gfj.jpeg
    In my hand towards the front is the older formula and the back is the newer one, with a ton more sour stuff (not sure what to call it haha) on it.

They also said to stay tuned for a new type of candy launching soon o.o

Oh, and on an unrelated note I recently found these raspberry filled donuts in Walmart’s bakery and it’s AMAZING. So fresh and delicious, plus only 240 calories which isn’t awful for a donut! I think it was cool how the jelly went all the way around it!
    q0miul7unn3g.jpeg
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I'd be interested to try savory banana chips. BBQ + banana sounds weird though. Same with salt n vinegar and banana, lol. 827agipkinu7.png

Banana Joe has a savory line and I LOVE them. They use unripe bananas so they have less sugar and aren't as sweet. I've tried the sea salt and the sricha and both are excellent.
  • hgycta
    edited March 2019
    Options
    For those near a 7-11: free pizza sample and $1 any size coffee right now! If you haven’t tried their blueberry coffee you’re missing out!
    9tmmxap1z01h.jpeg
    xxf5hbypox1b.jpeg
  • asonrody
    asonrody Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    For those near a 7-11: free pizza sample and $1 any size coffee right now! If you haven’t tried their blueberry coffee you’re missing out!
    9tmmxap1z01h.jpeg
    xxf5hbypox1b.jpeg

At my 7/11 I got an entire pepperoni slice for free without even asking for it instead of a sample. Dunno if it was because it was in the morning or if your 7/11 is being cheap lol
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Finally tried last flavor of partake. Best is the sweet potato! They have a gingery taste that makes them like ginger snaps. Coupon still works if anyone’s interested. https://www.docdroid.net/1dg6CAO/2019-pf-free-coupon-print-bleed-1.pdf
    ]p4lhbu5trsua.jpeg I rank them sweet potato > carrot > chocolate chip

I also was so curious About these I asked for samples. 😂 I did not expect them to be good, but they were actually pretty tasty. The apple flavor tasted like old formula quest bar which I LOVED. (Dont like the new formula apple ones) They are like quest bars a little in texture but way better. They were like a cross between CLIF bar and quest in texture.

xcm7ydqxa2hb.jpeg

The chocolate peanut butter was delicious. Very sweet and peanut buttery. The chocolate was also really good. I loved the chewiness of these.

I was super surprised that these were actually really good. I don’t care about or believe the “anti fat absorbing” effects, but they were tasty. bj4krzmj0eg8.jpeg
    86tds3nf9prq.jpeg
    zxd991m01exf.jpeg
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Oh geez, I get worried about things that talk about "fat blocking" lol. Flashbacks to the horror stories about Alli and Olestra. Tell us if you get any side effects, otherwise they do look tasty.

I probably should not have tried all three at once... hoping I won’t regret it tonight. 😂

We will pray for your soul and hope that the ingredient is like most "natural but magical" ingredients on the market in that they're totally ineffective. xD
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    Oh geez, I get worried about things that talk about "fat blocking" lol. Flashbacks to the horror stories about Alli and Olestra. Tell us if you get any side effects, otherwise they do look tasty.

I probably should not have tried all three at once... hoping I won’t regret it tonight. 😂

We will pray for your soul and hope that the ingredient is like most "natural but magical" ingredients on the market in that they're totally ineffective. xD

"Choleve is our proprietary blend of fermented tea extract that works by blocking the absorption of fat in the small intestine.

Unlike other food bars, MinusCal bars block some of those extra calories from fat while still tasting delicious and still leaving you feeling full."

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options

"Choleve is our proprietary blend of fermented tea extract that works by blocking the absorption of fat in the small intestine.

Unlike other food bars, MinusCal bars block some of those extra calories from fat while still tasting delicious and still leaving you feeling full."

So totally ineffective, good. We don't have to worry for @Noreenmarie1234 's stomach.
  • Britxclarity
    Britxclarity Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    @hgycta I just ordered me the Kickbox from Smartsweets! I'm very excited to try them especially if they are low in cal/sugar as they say they are. It will surely help me with my sweet tooth. Now I just need to find some good actual tasting chocolate... Heck I wouldn't even care if it was vegan chocolate or caramel.Long as it substitutes for the Milk chocolate/dark chocolate I love
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    q1w3vkkcvtmh.png
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    ybmobu9nd0c1.png

I haven't tasted it yet. The sweet is from sucralose. The calories in 16g is 5. Total carbs, 1

I'm a huge fan of the low carb, sugar free bbq sauce from this brand - G Hughes. Not really a ketchup kind of guy, but looks worth trying for variety sake...have not seen this available locally yet. Thanks
  • hgycta
    edited March 2019
    Options
    kayfaei wrote: »
    @hgycta I just ordered me the Kickbox from Smartsweets! I'm very excited to try them especially if they are low in cal/sugar as they say they are. It will surely help me with my sweet tooth. Now I just need to find some good actual tasting chocolate... Heck I wouldn't even care if it was vegan chocolate or caramel.Long as it substitutes for the Milk chocolate/dark chocolate I love

Honestly I’ve fallen in love with Baker’s unsweetened 100% cacao chocolate! It’s cheaper than those fancy premium chocolate bars and it’s literally 100% chocolate so naturally no sugar and no animal products, 90 calories for 2 pieces! That being said, I normally have at least 4 pieces, but if you like dark chocolate it’ll definitely satisfy your chocolate craving!
    Bonus: since it has such a high cocoa content, you can leave it in your car and it doesn’t melt (or at least, it hasn’t melted for me yet)! It also takes a while to eat so it forces you to slow down which is good for me otherwise I’d inhale the entire thing!
    q1w3vkkcvtmh.png

WHEN AND WHERE CAN I GET THIS!?!
  • hgycta
    Options
    g8yb2bzgdcw3.jpeg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

Ok, Miss Like 37 Quest Bars a Day. :p

Good news, no stomach problems yet :D LOL, you are right, I am sure those days trained my digestive system to handle anything now. Ever since the new formula though, I can only eat 2 max. Something about that corn fiber that really gets me.

I think these bars would be good if they would change the name. MinusCal is a terrible name and the claims just make me laugh. It makes you think they are some kind of diet bar, when they would do well just being a good tasting protein bar.