New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    acheben wrote: »
    Recently indulged in these ice cream sandwiches. If ever in NYC. Find them. I had the Peanut Butter Captain Crunch cookies with Nutella Ice cream wedged in between. Yum!

http://www.yelp.com/biz/coolhaus-ice-cream-sandwiches-new-york-2

68ad00k5mubr.jpg
    We went to Cream in the Los Angeles area and they do a similar thing. You can mix and match the cookies and roll it in a topping, which makes for a fun ice cream sandwich.

Aw man, they have pumpkin and rum raisin ice cream as their two new seasonal flavors. Sandwich that between two snickerdoodle cookies and I'm done.

Yep! We have a Cream here too and another Mom and Pop store that also does the ice cream sandwich. I love.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    it's faqs aren't right. it says that gelato is more fruit and nut based. This isn't true.
    Our local place has many flavors including STRACIATELLA and TIRAMISU and ZABAGLIONE
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Protein Ice Cream! Let me help...Try getting these. They are awesome!

http://www.tasteforte.com/

Hmm Wegmans has them. Will have to give it a shot...
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Well, I'll be going to Wegmans tomorrow. I love ginger anything. I'm guessing a little bit in the microwave on defrost would help the hardness problem, maybe?
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    I found Fortune Cookie ice cream in Shoprite and just got around to trying it! The vanilla base was really good (tasted super high quality, thick, and creamy), but the fortune cookie pieces were a bit soggy and underwhelming. I'm curious how their Black Sesame flavor is, but for the price I probably won't be getting this flavor again.
    pl943chbr227.jpg
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I ordered a bunch of single bars from Yup (maker of B-up) and got them today. (Note: if you order at least 5, the singles are $2.33 each from them.) I forgot to get a cinnamon roll one, so I am very sad about that :(

I tried the chocolate chip cookie dough one today. I was underwhelmed. They market the bars as low sodium, but I'm not concerned about sodium, and this was definitely bland. With more salt it would probably be the best CCCD flavour bar I've tried, but alas... At least the chocolate bits taste a lot better than the chocolate bits in other bars I've tried, especially compared to Quest. Quest's "chocolate" makes me sad. But I will not buy this flavour again. I liked the mint, peanut butter, and sugar cookie flavours all better than this one.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    My husband ordered these, for shock value I think... 4aevol2oikth.jpg

They taste awful. Shocking...
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I really wish they didn't try to market crickets with this superfoods and novelty twist. I would be very interested in them if they weren't ridiculously expensive.

13233807063_04da1b5263.jpg?resize=374%2C500
    I've tried these on two separate occasions. They are awful enough to accept the 2.77 loss and throw them out.
  • carolinatx
    carolinatx Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Moon cheese
  • scastor27
    scastor27 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Got around to trying this tonight. I've had it in the freezer for awhile
    ib640ypekcom.jpeg
    This flavor and the peanut butter pie that my store doesn't carry got good reviews. I really enjoyed it, lots of cookie pieces and I could tell a difference from their other mint chip ice cream flavor. Their chocolate malt one is horrible I've heard. The macros are similar to Talenti...wish I could find their Mediterranean Mint flavor :(
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    My husband ordered these, for shock value I think... 4aevol2oikth.jpg

They taste awful. Shocking...

Oh my gosh, they look good but sound terrible haha
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

I'll have to go back to Wegman's someday since I've seen they carry Steve's & Halo Top.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    scastor27 wrote: »
    Got around to trying this tonight. I've had it in the freezer for awhile
    ib640ypekcom.jpeg
    This flavor and the peanut butter pie that my store doesn't carry got good reviews. I really enjoyed it, lots of cookie pieces and I could tell a difference from their other mint chip ice cream flavor. Their chocolate malt one is horrible I've heard. The macros are similar to Talenti...wish I could find their Mediterranean Mint flavor :(

Great to hear this is good! I have a container I bought at the Grocery Outlet still in the freezer. The Snickerdoodle flavor was pretty good.

I've found the Mint at Giant & I am sure I've seen it at Weis.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed Snickerdoodle. I'm interested In the pretzel flavor
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed Snickerdoodle. I'm interested In the pretzel flavor

One of the ones that got the pretzel right; they coated the pretzel pieces in chocolate so they stay crispy instead of getting soggy.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

I'll have to go back to Wegman's someday since I've seen they carry Steve's & Halo Top.

Mine has been out of Halo Top for months. They have two flavors of Steve's but I haven't tried them.
  • scastor27
    Options
    Ooo haven't seen the snicker doodle or pretzel...bummer!
  • scastor27
    Options
    I had high hopes for this. It was underwhelming and IMO kind of bland. Not horrible but I will not be purchasing again.
    xasv5uw99mij.jpeg
  • Francl27
    Options
    I was a little surprised by the base's color, but this was pretty good.
    coco-ice-cookies-cream.png
    Yum.
    3.5_macs_blonde_set.jpg

@scastor27 Know what you mean by bland. I can't really complain though, since they sent me a free coupon...

Does that Hail Merry company send coupons?