New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    SuggaD wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    roxyish71 wrote: »
    483xhwn1rw9f.jpg
    Just tried this. It was deliciously cakey.

I've never had their minute muffins, but I've tried several of their Flapjacks on the Go (that you microwave for one minute) from Target and loved them! I've had the blueberry, cinnamon, and protein version each made with real maple syrup. So good! Where did you find this specific one? I noticed online they have a Pumpkin Dark Chocolate one, I really hope I'm able to find that!

Looking forward to trying this. It's on its way from Amazon. Their Kodiak power cakes are ok, but there are better protein pancakes. I'm hoping these will be a good substitute for the FlapJacked double chocolate minute muffins...those taste weird (but the apple cinnamon is great).

Curious - which protein pancakes do you like more? I like the power cakes but with savory toppings... I like the Frontier line better for regular pancakes (and the protein content isn't so different).

I saw the muffin boxes at Acme here but $2 per cup just seemed a little bit much for me and they didn't have the blueberry one, which is the one I was the most interested in.

Favorites (in order) - P28 White Chocolate, P28 Strawberries 'N Cream, P28 Buttermilk, Flapjacked cinnamon apple, Flapjacked Buttermilk (still have a couple of Flapjacked flavors to try).

I'm actually surprised P28's Chocolate Coconut pancake mix wasn't on this list, did you get a chance to try it yet? I haven't, which is the only reason I asked, but I was really hoping it'd taste similar to a Samoa if I topped it with a little caramel drizzle!

No, I didn't like it. I've tried it with PB2 drizzle and with banana. It has an odd taste to me. Definitely the worst of the flavors...and by a lot. I won't buy that one again.
  • SuggaD
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »
    ohboy. These Trader Joe’s Julienned Root Vegetables are so yummy:

dwga1jeie49r.jpg

Fair warning, though - they are having trouble keeping them in stock, so be patient.

They fit the description given by TJ:

Next time you’re craving French fries, we recommend getting back to your roots... Trader Joe’s Julienned Root Vegetables, to be more specific. This new item from our freezers is a medley of root-worthy tubers, including carrots, beets, parsnips, and sweet potatoes.

We take the whole roots and slice them—long and thin—in a style the French call julienne. But we don’t deep-fry these “fries.” Instead, we lightly toss them in olive oil just before dusting them with cracked pepper, garlic, brown sugar, salt, and other spices. You get the pleasure of spreading them out on a baking sheet and cooking them in a 425oF oven for 20-25 minutes (turning them once for even browning). Rootimentary.

Nutty, sweet, savory flavors emerge and blend, providing a crave-worthy and colorful fall snack, appetizer, or side dish. But, it’s not just the taste that makes this food fantastic. These roots are packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, on account of having rubbed nubs with nutrient-rich soil for their entire underground existence. You benefit, too, with more nutrition, less fat, and fewer calories than traditional fries.

I'm so mad I didn't buy them yesterday. I'm heading back to TJ's today with the Fearless Flyer in hand to get a bunch of stuff I missed on Sunday. They run out of things way too fast.
  • SuggaD
    Options
    So I finally tried the Yoplait whips. They are actually quite good. I will continue to buy. I also saw Kozysnacks dark chocolate and caramel puddings...I want to try them but felt the serving was a tad small for 200 cals, and for that I'd rather just go get some frozen yogurt from the froyo shop.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options
    I tried the vanilla and banana chocolate on top light and fit greek yogurts. I should have listened to you guys. :)

I liked the yogurt part. It seemed....stiffer...than normal creamy yogurt but the chocolate reminded me of sugar free chocolate syrup (which I used to drown my plain greek yogurt in before discovering protein powder).
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    So I finally tried the Yoplait whips. They are actually quite good. I will continue to buy. I also saw Kozysnacks dark chocolate and caramel puddings...I want to try them but felt the serving was a tad small for 200 cals, and for that I'd rather just go get some frozen yogurt from the froyo shop.

The Kozy Shack puddings... the chocolate one wasn't really worth the extra 70 calories from their regular pudding, IMO, because I didn't find it that different (more creamy and less watery but similar taste) and the vanilla was ok but not that different from those 'petite creme' yogurts I love but can't seem to find anywhere except Whole Foods now (and have less calories), but the salted caramel one is totally worth the 200 calories, although I agree that it's a pretty small serving... but it's really good and I'll definitely buy it again.

dwga1jeie49r.jpg

Fair warning, though - they are having trouble keeping them in stock, so be patient.

Next time you’re craving French fries, we recommend getting back to your roots... Trader Joe’s Julienned Root Vegetables, to be more specific. This new item from our freezers is a medley of root-worthy tubers, including carrots, beets, parsnips, and sweet potatoes.

We take the whole roots and slice them—long and thin—in a style the French call julienne. But we don’t deep-fry these “fries.” Instead, we lightly toss them in olive oil just before dusting them with cracked pepper, garlic, brown sugar, salt, and other spices. You get the pleasure of spreading them out on a baking sheet and cooking them in a 425oF oven for 20-25 minutes (turning them once for even browning). Rootimentary.

Nutty, sweet, savory flavors emerge and blend, providing a crave-worthy and colorful fall snack, appetizer, or side dish. But, it’s not just the taste that makes this food fantastic. These roots are packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, on account of having rubbed nubs with nutrient-rich soil for their entire underground existence. You benefit, too, with more nutrition, less fat, and fewer calories than traditional fries.

I'm so mad I didn't buy them yesterday. I'm heading back to TJ's today with the Fearless Flyer in hand to get a bunch of stuff I missed on Sunday. They run out of things way too fast.

I need to do another TJ run too. I want to get more pumpkin oatmeal before they run out, I only have one serving left. I'll probably go tomorrow and hope they're not out of everything...
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    after seeing it here i decided to try talenti. my walgreens had the salted caramel and Mediterranean mint.
    I tried the caramel. i really liked it. i had no problem eating the recommended amount and not more because it was so darn sweet. but very good. i think tonight i will try the mint.

The Caramel Apple Pie & Salted Peanut Caramel are good too.
  • Francl27
    Options
    I've actually never tried the Cliff builder's bars. I think the calorie count scared me. Are they filling?
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    483xhwn1rw9f.jpg

I've never had their minute muffins, but I've tried several of their Flapjacks on the Go (that you microwave for one minute) from Target and loved them! I've had the blueberry, cinnamon, and protein version each made with real maple syrup. So good! Where did you find this specific one? I noticed online they have a Pumpkin Dark Chocolate one, I really hope I'm able to find that!

Looking forward to trying this. It's on its way from Amazon. Their Kodiak power cakes are ok, but there are better protein pancakes. I'm hoping these will be a good substitute for the FlapJacked double chocolate minute muffins...those taste weird (but the apple cinnamon is great).

Curious - which protein pancakes do you like more? I like the power cakes but with savory toppings... I like the Frontier line better for regular pancakes (and the protein content isn't so different).

I saw the muffin boxes at Acme here but $2 per cup just seemed a little bit much for me and they didn't have the blueberry one, which is the one I was the most interested in.

Favorites (in order) - P28 White Chocolate, P28 Strawberries 'N Cream, P28 Buttermilk, Flapjacked cinnamon apple, Flapjacked Buttermilk (still have a couple of Flapjacked flavors to try).

I'm actually surprised P28's Chocolate Coconut pancake mix wasn't on this list, did you get a chance to try it yet? I haven't, which is the only reason I asked, but I was really hoping it'd taste similar to a Samoa if I topped it with a little caramel drizzle!

No, I didn't like it. I've tried it with PB2 drizzle and with banana. It has an odd taste to me. Definitely the worst of the flavors...and by a lot. I won't buy that one again.

I'm so glad you said this! I was torn between their Mocha Coconut and the Strawberries 'N Cream flavor since those are the only two I haven't tried; you just made that decision a whole lot easier for me!
  • SuggaD
    Options
    483xhwn1rw9f.jpg

I'm so glad you said this! I was torn between their Mocha Coconut and the Strawberries 'N Cream flavor since those are the only two I haven't tried; you just made that decision a whole lot easier for me!

I'm not a strawberry flavor person, but you are going to LOVE the strawberries 'n cream. It's ridiculously good.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    'kind" bars are really very tasty. new to me.
  • Francl27
    Options
    urloved33 wrote: »
    'kind" bars are really very tasty. new to me.

I like them too but once in a while I get a stale one for some reason.

Ok now I got to try some of those P28 pancakes.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

dwga1jeie49r.jpg

Ugg, I want these and the mushroom fries.

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    http://www.theimpulsivebuy.com/wordpress/2015/10/09/coming-soon-coffee-nut-honey-nut-and-chili-nut-mms/

New M&Ms flavors coming out, & it looks like it'll be a contest to pick the favorite flavor.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    kakor-hallon-biscuit-with-raspberry-filling__0372501_PE553466_S4.JPG

My sister gave me a pack she bought. The actual cookie was pretty good, but I don't really notice any of the filling.

I heard about those M&Ms in the IB podcast. I think honey nut M&Ms sound pretty good. I don't trust the company to do the other two flavors correctly.
  • SuggaD
    Options
    Love the TJ's pumpkin bread pudding. Definitely going to TJ's tomorrow to stock up on more plus some other pumpkiny goodness. I love fall flavors!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    after seeing it here i decided to try talenti. my walgreens had the salted caramel and Mediterranean mint.
    I tried the caramel. i really liked it. i had no problem eating the recommended amount and not more because it was so darn sweet. but very good. i think tonight i will try the mint.

The Caramel Apple Pie & Salted Peanut Caramel are good too.

i'm not a huge fan of nut in ice cream/custard/gelato but I'll keep an eye out for the apple pie

i was a fan of the mint but it didn't feel very special like the salted caramel

I tried the Konared green tea this weekend. it was odd tasting, like green tea but not quite. it was thirst quenching. but I don't think i would get the green tea version. the place i got it from has regular and coconut water versions too. i might try those to say i did

KonaRed-Green-Tea-Big.png
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Forgive the lighting! Tried these over the weekend and I have to say it was super YUM! You know how most salted caramel things don't taste anything like salted caramel? Well this tastes like you are eating salted caramel with a spoon. I was shocked at how close they got the flavor. However, there is a little bit of a weird oily-ness taste. And it is a little spendy on calories (200 a cup). But when you need that caramel in your life, this is a winner!

3ux2cifk2bag.jpg
  • Francl27
    Options
    Emily3907 wrote: »
    Forgive the lighting! Tried these over the weekend and I have to say it was super YUM! You know how most salted caramel things don't taste anything like salted caramel? Well this tastes like you are eating salted caramel with a spoon. I was shocked at how close they got the flavor. However, there is a little bit of a weird oily-ness taste. And it is a little spendy on calories (200 a cup). But when you need that caramel in your life, this is a winner!

3ux2cifk2bag.jpg

Seconded.
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Protein Ice Cream! Let me help...Try getting these. They are awesome!

http://www.tasteforte.com/

Hmm Wegmans has them. Will have to give it a shot...

Wegmans carries the Halo Top as well as the Forte brand. Have you tried either of them? Thinking about picking some up next time I go...