New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Wrecka31
    Wrecka31 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Raynne413 wrote: »
    I get a monthly healthy foods subscription box and yesterday's box contained a few items from a small company called Wonky Kitchen:

http://wonkykitchen.com/

They sent me the kale and coconut chips and the Queso Broccoli Wafers. Both were surprisingly good, but man are they pricey if I wanted to buy them myself!

Queso broccoli wafers???? Man that sounds good!!! Lol
  • scastor27
    scastor27 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I looked on their website & it looks like the seasonal flavors are on Amazon, but they're out of stock.
    Grrr. I was very disappointed when I checked Amazon as well. I'll have to keep tabs bc I'm intrigued by both.
    I tried a sample pack of their sesame cranberry peanut butter today on some toast. Very different. Definitely seedy not too much cranberry flavor but still good.

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I'm not sure how I feel about peanut butter with those flavors. I'd have to find a sample... not buying a whole jar.

It sucks that they don't give out samples
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    I tried the vanilla peanut butter B-up bar yesterday. It was good, but really tasted no different from the regular PB one. It is slightly lower in calories though. So... I guess it's better?

Trader Joe's Vanilla and Cinnamon black tea is very tasty. Judging by the packaging, I think this is a winter seasonal item, so I might have to stock up so I can have some year-round.

Not a new product, but a new combination for me: I made a P28 protein pancake again today, same as last time (added 1 tsp oil, some cinnamon and vanilla extract). This time I topped it with TJs crunchy speculoos cookie butter. Delicious!!! Of course, the cookie butter was almost as many calories as the pancake, but I had the room today. It was worth it.

I tried Philadelphia Honey and Pecan cream cheese a couple of days ago. It was kind of weird, but not bad. It doesn't have much flavour except for being sweeter than normal cream cheese. I will probably finish it but not purchase again. I wish I could find chocolate cream cheese in the US. I think Philadelphia only sells that in Canada...

we get the cadburys and philidelphia chocolate cream cheese in the uk, i tried it a few years back, never again!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    not food, but i emailed saucony thanking them for being part of my running journey and recieved a 25% discount code for my next shoe purchase
  • conniehgtv
    conniehgtv Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    oscar meyer P3 snacks. They have roasted chicken turkey or ham, nuts and cheese. Portable and high protien. found them on sale for $1 each. Yum!
  • conniehgtv
    conniehgtv Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Kefir.. it is a fermented yogurt.sounds gross huh? Blueberry in over night oatmeal with 1 tbs ground walnut. OMG!! and lots of probotics!!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Finally made it to Trader Joe's and of course they were out of what I went there for.. their pumpkin oatmeal.

I am sad. I picked up those frozen root veggies that were mentioned somewhere and their cornbread mix because I've been craving cornbread and I'm too lazy to find a good recipe to make it from scratch... Has anyone ever tried it?
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Finally made it to Trader Joe's and of course they were out of what I went there for.. their pumpkin oatmeal.

I am sad. I picked up those frozen root veggies that were mentioned somewhere and their cornbread mix because I've been craving cornbread and I'm too lazy to find a good recipe to make it from scratch... Has anyone ever tried it?

Did you get the pumpkin cornbread? Its really good. I still have made it to TJ's. Will try tomorrow and hopefully they won't be out of the things I want. Will try to go at an odd hour. lol
  • Francl27
    Options
    SuggaD wrote: »

Did you get the pumpkin cornbread? Its really good. I still have made it to TJ's. Will try tomorrow and hopefully they won't be out of the things I want. Will try to go at an odd hour. lol

I thought about it but my husband is over the pumpkin craze and my son doesn't like pumpkin stuff so I figured I'd just get the regular one, lol. They were out of the pumpkin biscotti and Joe-Joe's too sadly (hubby and daughter devoured the box and I only got to eat 3).
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options
    I just tried the Lenny and Larry's macademia nut cookie and HOLY CRAP! I'M GLAD I ONLY HAD A TINY BIT BEFORE SENDING THE COWORKER BACK TO HER DESK WITH THE REST OF IT. That is one damned good cookie. And huge. And way too many calories for my taste. :)
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    scastor27 wrote: »
    I looked on their website & it looks like the seasonal flavors are on Amazon, but they're out of stock.
    Grrr. I was very disappointed when I checked Amazon as well. I'll have to keep tabs bc I'm intrigued by both.
    I tried a sample pack of their sesame cranberry peanut butter today on some toast. Very different. Definitely seedy not too much cranberry flavor but still good.
    Same. I felt a little weirded out about buying peanut butter online at first, but then I remembered that I've bought live animals online.
  • Francl27
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    I just tried the Lenny and Larry's macademia nut cookie and HOLY CRAP! I'M GLAD I ONLY HAD A TINY BIT BEFORE SENDING THE COWORKER BACK TO HER DESK WITH THE REST OF IT. That is one damned good cookie. And huge. And way too many calories for my taste. :)

I've been slowly going through my box of 12 but they're worth every calorie for me (although the ones that are 15% bigger are tough). I find them surprisingly filling honestly and the macros could be worse.

I ordered the chocolate chip cookie ones with that GNC sale last week end but they are backordered so who knows when I'll actually get them.. no rush though, got a lot of things to go through anyway. It was just too good a price to pass up.
  • amillenium
    amillenium Posts: 281 Member
    Options

I've been slowly going through my box of 12 but they're worth every calorie for me (although the ones that are 15% bigger are tough). I find them surprisingly filling honestly and the macros could be worse.

I ordered the chocolate chip cookie ones with that GNC sale last week end but they are backordered so who knows when I'll actually get them.. no rush though, got a lot of things to go through anyway. It was just too good a price to pass up.

I just looked at these and thought "they aren't that bad" then I realized a serving is 1/2 a cookie. :/
  • Francl27
    Options
    amillenium wrote: »

I just looked at these and thought "they aren't that bad" then I realized a serving is 1/2 a cookie. :/

Haha yeah. I hate when they do that. But they're more filling than 360 calories of regular cookies by far.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    @glassyo I just bought some of their peanut butter, lemon poppyseed, and oatmeal raisin flavors... I'll get around to trying 'em.

Let me know how you like the Peanut Butter. The other day I microwaved the snickerdoodle & it was even more delicious.

Today at Giant I bought the following:

Synergy Cherry Chia

72273-13474_d.jpg

17395998?wid=480&hei=480

almondtart_2_1.jpg

justins-almond-squeeze-pack-0314_400x400_15.jpg?itok=HgvBY9Ip

I've seen the bigger size of this almond butter at Target for cheaper than Giant's, but figured I'll try the single pack, & see if I like it before buying it in a bigger size. I noticed that they have the Wild & Friend's in smaller packs (I've seen these at a closer Giant) & some of the larger containers; unfortunately, they didn't have the seasonal packs or containers.

I was surprised that Giant had the Pumpkin Noosa so I bought two since the expiration date is in November.

I was surprised to see they had the Detour Protein bars so I bought Caramel Peanut & two Chocolate Chip Caramels. I'll have to check my closer Giant to see if they have the Salted Caramel Cookie Dough flavor.

I also bought a pack of the Justin's White Chocolate Peanut Butter cups.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    At Wal-Mart I finally found the Yoplait Pumpkin Cheesecake 100 Whips & bought around 10

Another box of the Fiber One Pumpkin Bars

christmas-snacks-2010a.jpg

Edy's Pumpkin Patch regular version & the Golden Oreo Birthday flavor Cookies.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I had some of those GingerMan cookies last year and loved em'!

I tried a couple of things today...
    Stacys-Bagel-Chips-Everything-028400092357.jpg
    Stacey's Everything Bagel Chips- I loved them. They were super garlicey.

4041.png
    Haagen Dazs ginger molasses cookie- Something else I really enjoyed. The ginger cookies themselves were exactly what I wanted for the fall, but I was completely caught off guard by the base. The base was just standard vanilla, but aside from the subpar gelatos I've tried, I had never had Haagen Dazs ice cream. It's very rich and creamy! I'm excited to try the spiced pecan turtle flavor soon.

236903.jpg?v=6
    Muller yogurt with choco balls- A big step down from the raspberry brownie flavor. The mixins weren't nearly enough without a nice fruity swirl.