New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    I tried another bar by Yup Brands (maker of B-up): the B-Jammin' bar. I got the Apple Pie a la mode flavour. It's basically like a Nutrigrain bar but the outside is a protein bar. It was quite good, and even tastier after I warmed it in the microwave! The apple filling is like a yummy apple jam with a good cinnamon flavour, and the outside of the bar is soft and light like the B-up bars. If you have ever tried an Ansi Cheesecake protein bar, the outside of the B-Jammin is quite similar. Basically, it was like a tasty protein version of an apple cinnamon Nutrigrain bar. A 53g B-Jammin' bar is 150 cal and 12g of protein, which is not much higher in calories than Nutrigrain or similar. I will probably buy more, but won't eat them that regularly.

I love that one!!
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    ee21s1myo5u5.jpg

pbu8scwz55s3.jpg

I didn't buy either of these, but they caught my eye at Vons. The Oreos seem over-the-top, especially the name. The almond milk is actually quite intriguing to me. I'm lactose intolerant, but usually buy unsweetened just for the calories. One that was slightly sweetened and not too many more calories is appealing. But I wouldn't be able to use an entire large size carton quickly enough by myself. If they came in the smaller non-refrigerated tetrapaks, I would buy it.

I don't know how to make the pictures smaller, but at least I finally figured out how to put them into my post. Baby steps.
  • mathandcats
    Options
    New to me but not new:
    8ge2nyl4cnbn.png

I picked one of these up today after seeing positive reviews of other flavours here. It's sweeter than it needs to be, and definitely tastes artificial, but I'm a weirdo who likes artificial banana. It's basically the greek yogurt I've been trying to get by adding instant banana pudding mix to greek yogurt, but lower in calories! I don't want to be eating sucralose stuff all the time, but I'll definitely get more for when I get cravings for banana pudding.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Perdue is selling bags of individually wrapped chicken breasts! They aren't cheap, but they're awesome on freezer burn!

Love those things!!! :smiley:
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    ee21s1myo5u5.jpg

pbu8scwz55s3.jpg

I didn't buy either of these, but they caught my eye at Vons. The Oreos seem over-the-top, especially the name. The almond milk is actually quite intriguing to me. I'm lactose intolerant, but usually buy unsweetened just for the calories. One that was slightly sweetened and not too many more calories is appealing. But I wouldn't be able to use an entire large size carton quickly enough by myself. If they came in the smaller non-refrigerated tetrapaks, I would buy it.

I don't know how to make the pictures smaller, but at least I finally figured out how to put them into my post. Baby steps.

Nondairy milk lasts forever in the fridge. I have an old carton of Silk Vanilla Almondmilk that expired over three months ago sitting in my fridge. It still tastes perfectly fine, I just don't care for the flavor. It's too sugary for my tastes. I feel like it's a waste to just throw it out, though, so I've been using it bit by bit to cook with.
  • mathandcats
    Options
    ee21s1myo5u5.jpg

pbu8scwz55s3.jpg

Nondairy milk lasts forever in the fridge. I have an old carton of Silk Vanilla Almondmilk that expired over three months ago sitting in my fridge. It still tastes perfectly fine, I just don't care for the flavor. It's too sugary for my tastes. I feel like it's a waste to just throw it out, though, so I've been using it bit by bit to cook with.

In my experience, almond milk containers often get moldy around the spout as they age.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    ee21s1myo5u5.jpg

pbu8scwz55s3.jpg

I've had almond milk go bad often.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Found these. More calories than the normal wraps so OF COURSE they can have more protein, but heck, I'll try them. Wegmans' selection of low carb wraps kinda sucks anyway.

Flatout-ProteinUP-flatbread-1.jpg

Just noticed that they are hummus flavored. I don't like hummus. Oops. We'll see how that goes.

• abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    CocoJoe.png
    Tried these out today (anything with coffee and chocolate are my best friends). It's not too coffee-flavored, and you can really taste the chocolate. I'm having some for breakfast right now as a topping for some peanut butter Greek yogurt. I'm debating whether I like these or Emerald's chocolate roasted almonds more (the macros are similar).
  • tdcurrey2015
    tdcurrey2015 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Found these. More calories than the normal wraps so OF COURSE they can have more protein, but heck, I'll try them. Wegmans' selection of low carb wraps kinda sucks anyway.

Just noticed that they are hummus flavored. I don't like hummus. Oops. We'll see how that goes.

I love making pizzas with these wraps! Go to Flatouts website and check out their recipes. Lots of creative ideas there.
  • Francl27
    Options

I love making pizzas with these wraps! Go to Flatouts website and check out their recipes. Lots of creative ideas there.

Yeah I've had a bunch of them but not the protein ones (but again, with 30 more calories, of course they'll have more protein, lol). I like the Tortilla Factory wraps better but I haven't been able to find them lately. Tumaro's pretty good too. Flatout is typically my third choice. Still should have read the wrapper, I'm not sure I'm going to eat those...
  • Francl27
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I picked up one of these the other day along with their chocolate almond butter and chocolate flavor tarts. SO GOOD. It's like a super rich and melty thin mint. I want a giant one of these for my birthday in January. Or Christmas. Or Thanksgiving. Or Halloween. Surprisingly, it was a little bit under the serving size. @Francl27
    minttart_1.jpg
    Not enough saltiness. Bland and disappointing. Then again, they were past the best by date and it probably had to do something with that.
    51LuyWM6VcL._AC_UL320_SR244,320_.jpg

Man I need to find those tarts, but the price turns me off. REALLY hope they send me coupons. Don't like mint though, but I want the almond butter chocolate one...
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options

I have a couple of their products and make lots with them, the pizza's and nice tortillas etc but also this

62xiap3mln77.jpg

Yummy dessert a wrap filled with banana,cinnamon, cocoapowder. Some peaches and syrup And all together only 249 calories yum yum yum

95069916.png

• mathandcats
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I tried this today: qgc37suppini.jpg

It has a slightly weird aftertaste, but it's actually pretty good! It definitely tastes caramely at first, and then you taste some apple pie flavour. I've only tried this and the banana cream in this line of yogurts and I am quite impressed.

By the way, I just went to Dannon's light and fit webpage to see what stores around here have it, and they have a coupon for $1 off 3 light and fit yogurts, valid in the US until Nov. 1.
  • Francl27
    Options

I have a couple of their products and make lots with them, the pizza's and nice tortillas etc but also this

62xiap3mln77.jpg

Yummy dessert a wrap filled with banana,cinnamon, cocoapowder. Some peaches and syrup And all together only 249 calories yum yum yum

95069916.png

I've made something similar with apples, brushed with butter and rolled in cinnamon sugar. So good.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I like to COZY UP with Wink Frozen Desserts on the regular... Have any of you ever had it before?

I've never heard of this but the container is adorable! I'd pick it up for that alone.

@Francl27 Hows the taste of those compared to the flax seed Flatout?
  • Francl27
    Options
    I like to COZY UP with Wink Frozen Desserts on the regular... Have any of you ever had it before?

I've never heard of this but the container is adorable! I'd pick it up for that alone.

@Francl27 Hows the taste of those compared to the flax seed Flatout?

Haven't tried them. Don't think I will...