New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Throw that stuff in a baking dish (something smaller, like a souffle ramican [sp?] or casserole dish) and eat a loaf o' protein cakes.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    Do you guys have any idea on an easier way (I know...I know!) to make the protein pancakes without having to do the pancake thing? Like...something microwavable maybe? :)
    I usually get super impatient with pancakes and end up with an undercooked mess, but these were pretty painless for me to make. I totally get what you mean by quicker. I'll probably save these for days off as they still takes more time to prepare than my other breakfast options. I don't have a quicker solution. :(

I also got around to trying Lenny and Larry's lemon poppyseed cookie. I actually ended up like these more than I thought I would. The lemon flavor was very mild.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Do you guys have any idea on an easier way (I know...I know!) to make the protein pancakes without having to do the pancake thing? Like...something microwavable maybe? :)

Kodiak cakes have some microwavable pancake cups at my Target.

Easiest way is to get a waffle maker, mix 50g of powder with some water (seems to be the magic number for me), and dump it in the waffle maker for 6 minutes lol. It's what I do when I don't feel like bothering with pancakes... tastes the same!
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    A spiralizer. I made zuc zuc noodles with it. Also has a slicer on one end. Ron Popeil can suck eggs.....
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    oymbd374xzre.jpeg

not a food but I got this a month ago and LOVE it. its a sous vide machine and just clip it onto a pot filled with water. the steaks i make are awesome but for me the coolest part is making poached eggs. You cook the egg in shell for 7 mins, crack it open, and a perfect poached egg plots out. I make eggs benny every other day it saves a lot of annoying poaching.
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    ^ Looks like a Lightsaber. :)
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    Throw that stuff in a baking dish (something smaller, like a souffle ramican [sp?] or casserole dish) and eat a loaf o' protein cakes.

That's a thought. I might try that and see how they turn out. Pancake...cake!
    I usually get super impatient with pancakes and end up with an undercooked mess, but these were pretty painless for me to make. I totally get what you mean by quicker. I'll probably save these for days off as they still takes more time to prepare than my other breakfast options. I don't have a quicker solution.

There's the whole flipping the pancake thing that gets me. I may not have mentioned enough how much I DON'T COOK AND NOTHING EVER TURNS OUT RIGHT WHEN I TRY thing. :p Plus so many steps with the mixing and the flipping! :)
    Easiest way is to get a waffle maker, mix 50g of powder with some water (seems to be the magic number for me), and dump it in the waffle maker for 6 minutes lol. It's what I do when I don't feel like bothering with pancakes... tastes the same!

And it's a waffle mix so that makes good sense. And no standing over it waiting for it to be ready to flip. And then having to clean up the stove because you just know it won't make it back in the pan. :)
  • fishshark
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »
    oymbd374xzre.jpeg

not a food but I got this a month ago and LOVE it. its a sous vide machine and just clip it onto a pot filled with water. the steaks i make are awesome but for me the coolest part is making poached eggs. You cook the egg in shell for 7 mins, crack it open, and a perfect poached egg plots out. I make eggs benny every other day it saves a lot of annoying poaching.

Does it make it more tender or something? I'm tempted to go about making a redneck sous vide machine just because it's so trendy.

its soooooo tender.. and it will never over cook as long as its the right temp.. like i cooked a rib eye for 5 hours at 130 degrees and its a perfect medium rare.. u do gotta sear it after. makes damn good chicken breast too. its a project but fun for every once in a while.
  • fishshark
    Options
    ^ Looks like a Lightsaber. :)
    i wish hah!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    541b49fd8f7af.preview-620.jpg
    These were on clearance today. Terra chips are usually like $4-6 bucks a bag, but they were on sale $1 for a huge bag! They are incredible! I LOVE sweet potato chips and the pumpkin is very subtle. Good thing I never get sick of pumpkin. :smile:
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried Quest's new Cookies & Cream protein shake yet? I just got my Healthy Awards certificate from the Vitamin Shoppe, and I was thinking about buying a container but then noticed the recipe is different from their other protein powders... of course. First the bars, now the powders! On the ingredients list after protein blend I noticed erythritol... I've had both really good and really bad experiences with this ingredient, both in terms of taste and physical effects (not to be blunt, but one time I consumed more than I should have and got TERRIBLE gas, even though several sources claim it won't cause that...)

I'm hoping one of you guys can tell me if it's worth it or not before I end up with something possibly disappointing! Quest really is hit or miss with me, I either love them or hate them :x
  • glassyo
    Options
    Haven't tried it but you can buy sample pouches on the quest website.
  • Francl27
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Has anyone tried Quest's new Cookies & Cream protein shake yet? I just got my Healthy Awards certificate from the Vitamin Shoppe, and I was thinking about buying a container but then noticed the recipe is different from their other protein powders... of course. First the bars, now the powders! On the ingredients list after protein blend I noticed erythritol... I've had both really good and really bad experiences with this ingredient, both in terms of taste and physical effects (not to be blunt, but one time I consumed more than I should have and got TERRIBLE gas, even though several sources claim it won't cause that...)

I'm hoping one of you guys can tell me if it's worth it or not before I end up with something possibly disappointing! Quest really is hit or miss with me, I either love them or hate them :x

Not that one but I have 3 containers of their powders right now! As long as I stick to the serving size or a bit less, I'm fine, but too much messes up my stomach too.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Not that one but I have 3 containers of their powders right now! As long as I stick to the serving size or a bit less, I'm fine, but too much messes up my stomach too.
    Would you say the flavors are worth the price? I think there's an upcoming sale 20% off at HEB, which would put the powders at around 31.

I picked up Myprotein in the past, but I don't like that they've sent near expiring flavors OR their apple custard.

• Francl27
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »

Would you say the flavors are worth the price? I think there's an upcoming sale 20% off at HEB, which would put the powders at around 31.

I picked up Myprotein in the past, but I don't like that they've sent near expiring flavors OR their apple custard.

I like them. I like the constancy a lot and they mix great in yogurt and oatmeal... makes a pudding like texture. I only got mine on sale too.
  • bobshouse
    bobshouse Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Oooh it's another world! I cook nearly everything from scratch as none of this sort of thing in my local supermarket! Off to have my calorie counted homemade vanilla sponge cake with a black coffee!
  • glassyo
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »

Do you like chocolate? Because you know those fun dip candies? The ones where they have that thing you lick and dip in powder and lick some more? I would totally use the chocolate milkshake flavor as the powder.
  • cdudley628
    cdudley628 Posts: 547 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

There's the whole flipping the pancake thing that gets me. I may not have mentioned enough how much I DON'T COOK AND NOTHING EVER TURNS OUT RIGHT WHEN I TRY thing. :p Plus so many steps with the mixing and the flipping! :)

If you're having a problem with the flipping, I would suggest making smaller pancakes and waiting until you know the bottom is properly cooked by looking to see if the pancake is getting those little air bubbles on top. Pancakes are pretty much the only thing I can cook.