February Losers! 10lbs gone by March 1st!

Options

Replies

• zoecmc
    zoecmc Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi count me in x

I'm 5ft2 and 36yrs old last weigh in 149lbs I started 6 days ago and been to the gym everyday since and I hoping to have lost some by weigh in tomorrow, I'm hoping to get down to 130lbs by March for my friends 30th
  • MarieeBarrett
    MarieeBarrett Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I'm 5'6", weight as of today 150lbs. I'm really struggling to drop the 14lbs to get me to my goal. I'm 50 years old, quite active, (gym 3 times a week, long walks at the weekend and additional cardio at home when I can fit it in) just can't get my nutrition right!!!! I still want to enjoy life and enjoy a glass of wine at the weekend and feel good in my clothes.....
  • amyo7368
    Options
    I'm in!! I am Amy I'm 5.5 and weigh 166lbs!! I want to loose minimum 16lbs!! I do a lot of walking and trying out zumba on YouTube!! Weekends and alcohol is my downfall but have decided no drink until I have lost 7lbs as do well during week but put it all back on at weekends!!xx
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am late to the party but I'll join. My name is Patricia and I am 46 years old. I have been doing MFP for about 3 months steadily and have lost 20 lbs. I have slipped the last few weeks due to vacation, travel and a dinner, I weighed it at 138 this AM. I am 5'4. I was an avid runner and triathlete but have lost a lot of motivation over the last year and would love to get some motivation going again. I also ride (and have) 3 horses. I would also like to stop drinking for a while, i was looking for a no alcohol group, but so far only see one that was for Jan, so will try and combine the two. When I don't drink I definately see a better result than when i do give in and drink! I am also doing this with a friend, and he has also lost 20 lbs but both of us have been a bit stuck the last few weeks. Hopefully these will help motivate me!
  • namaste1987
    namaste1987 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Great Day everyone! Hope everyone got their workouts in and are feeling awesome! We'll all be 10lbs lighter in no time!
  • namaste1987
    namaste1987 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I wanna hear all about the food choices and workouts that you all have been doing. It will give us all some tips and tricks to try! Let's hear ya!
  • amandapearl81
    amandapearl81 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I bought a Vegetti and tried zucchini noodles (zoodles) for the first time today. Took away almost 200 calories and added a serving of veggies to my veggie noodles. It satisfied the pasta craving nicely.
  • sandra0818
    sandra0818 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm name is Sandra. I'm 35, 175 and I would like to go down 155. :) feel free to add me for extra motivation.
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'd like to join. I'm 43 and 160 pounds, hoping to reach 140 again. 138 was my low grown up weight, so that would be a little woo-hoo bonus, but ... Headed to Vegas at the end of March and *really* want to look the part! ;) I run and lift weights and am terrible with my food choices. So ... I'll give it a shot.

And Gigi - a special shout out to you - you can do it! Good job for checking in with this group! xo
  • ToughHippieChick
    ToughHippieChick Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'd love to join! I weigh in on Mondays anyway, so this works out well for me. I am 41 years old, 217.9 pounds as of this morning, 5'2". My top weight was 252. My goal weight is 140. I don't know if I can do 10 pounds by March 1, but I sure want to try!
  • MommyG2008
    Options
    I'm in! I've got quite a lot to lose as depression led me to just pile it on. Now I'm ready and more motivated than ever to do something about it. What a great challenge!

• MommyG2008
    Options
    Hello!

The same happend to me as well.
    Never had depression before....just really happy about overcoming it and being healthy again. :D
  • 4leighbee
    Options
    gritiron12 wrote: »
    kiwi1003 wrote: »
    gritiron12 wrote: »
    Sounds good. I'll give it a go. Any competitive runners on here?

I run and have done many 5ks, 10ks, a half and a full marathon, but am definitely not what you might consider competitive-- I run slowly and I know it! But if you were wanting to tie some kind of running challenge in, I'd be down for it!

Thanks for the reply Kiwi, I won't complicate things by adding more challenges on top! But I admire your enthusiasm. Basically, Im just wondering how other runners are approaching their nutrition (nearly every runner is looking for the magic equation to balance energy and weight loss, while combating cravings). On the whole I look at the type of food I eat and importantly the times I eat, rather than any "low calorie" approach. My nutrition has to support a 60-80km a week training structure. I'm keen to shed some weight, post injury. Always happy to learn from others :)

I am working on this this year, actually - that's my primary goal for 2015. Figure out what the heck I'm supposed to eat so I won't get injured and will lighten up the load on my knees so I can run more. Doc told me that after my hip stress fracture two years ago, it was a perfect storm of me being in my cycle and not eating enough food. I was anemic and undernourished (but, mind you, not a waif!). So ... I eat about once an hour - my goal is fiber and protein rich foods, but never any heavy meals. I run at lunch, so I don't eat after 11 a.m. I get the majority of my calories in before I leave work at 5:30 p.m. from eating hard boiled eggs, granola, cereal, salad, protein bars, etc. This is not advice - simply joining the conversation! :)
  • christiec2015
    Options
    MommyG2008 wrote: »
    Hello!

The same happend to me as well.
    Never had depression before....just really happy about overcoming it and being healthy again. :D

Well done for overcoming it! I know how hard it is <3
  • aphroditekidd
    aphroditekidd Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I'm Jordan. Nice to meet you lot. I usually don't participate in communities on MFP but I need a new workout challenge I've hit a pleateu. I think 10 pds is doable for me. I'm down from 290 to 277. So I'm very motivated.
  • PrincessWilliam
    Options
    Losing weight is SO SLOW!! B) Dying for a glob of carbs for brekkie but will try and make do with porridge and blueberries!
  • mavraxalia
    mavraxalia Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm in I'm 30 years old, 5 foot 6 and weigh 198 lbs
  • 4leighbee
    Options
    Good morning, peeps - drink all your water today! Gulp gulp ...
  • ladycurves87
    ladycurves87 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm up for the challenge. My name is Jessica and im 27, I've always struggled with my weight and I'm ready to get it off and keep it off. I think this challenge will be good for me. I look foward to seeing everyone reach their goals.
  • heather_riffenburg1
    heather_riffenburg1 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I wanna hear all about the food choices and workouts that you all have been doing. It will give us all some tips and tricks to try! Let's hear ya!

I did a strong work out yesterday and stayed with in my calorie goals. I got a new Fitbit with a heart rate monitor, which has been great. I get a better idea of how hard I'm working with the HR monitor. I hope everyone has a good Tuesday. Remember to track it all!