McDonald's Run!

Options

Replies

• Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    I only like 3 things from McDonalds: the plain hamburger, french fries if they are fresh and hot, and a plain ice cream sundae with no topping. Oh wait, 4 - their coffee is usually decent. I can get a kids hamburger happy meal and be satisfied with that....in fact, I want one now! Thank goodness I am without a car! LOL

HA!! No car is no problem for me. I can walk to the one that's a long block away... I can POWER WALK there and back home, and fit a really tiny workout in. :laugh: Man people, y'all making me want some more McD's!! :drinker: Hopefully them strawberries n creme pies are still available.
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I would have been tempted. Well done! :D
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    laura3977 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    dbmata wrote: »
    laura3977 wrote: »
    Nobody here blamed mcdonalds. People on this thread are fully admitting their OWN flaws and problems when it comes to saying "no" to certain foods. Just because you find it easy to fit a mcdonalds into your day doesn't mean everyone else will also find it easy.

I'm actually one of those people who can have a small meal at mcdonalds, fit it into my cals, enjoy the hell out of it, not feel guilty, and not crave more and more.
    But I'm also not going to rub it in someone's face and say "you can have mcdonalds just fit it in" because I know all humans are wired differently, and some people can't say no once they've started.

Congratulations to the OP, if you once found it hard to moderate your intake of fast food and now choose to omit it completely then you're doing a great job!
    Shame on the people who can't seem to understand ways different to their own.

^^^ Exactly! Good for you if you can have ONE slice of pizza/ONE apple pie/ONE whatever - the point is not everyone is wired the same.

True, not everyone knows how to put food down. Self control is much like a muscle. If you don't exercise it from time to time it will atrophy.

People cave in to their own weaknesses, and claim "wired". That's not how it works though, we have this amazing ability to choose our destiny, if we want.

no, no , no ..the food overlords have already chosen our destiny, and it has binge written all over it...

Good lord! Do you own McDonald's/fast food stock?!?! It is unbelievable how defensive some of you have gotten at the mere idea that someone might "demonize" fast food. What do any of you care how anyone on here views a particular food? You can eat whatever you want in moderation and have zero trigger foods? AWESOME! More power to you! Should we all bow down to your amazing will power? ... Also, thank you on your insight regarding my lack of will power/self control - I had no clue.

apparently you don't sarcasm much ….
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    SuggaD wrote: »
    aplcr0331 wrote: »
    Five Guys does not have a veggie/turkey burger.
    I'd also add it doesn't have a palatable burger of any type...

Great for a cleanse though, that stuff is like grease through a goose.

I don't like 5 Guys, either. I thought I was all alone.

No way, definitely not alone. It means you have working tastebuds. ;)

McDonalds v. Five Guys...no contest. McDonalds burgers are not tasty. And the fries aren't what they used to be either.

And correct re turkey burger. Oops. Guess I haven't been there since I stopped eating red meat.

I'm not even talking McD's vs. FF. I mean FF vs. anything that isn't rancid. That stuff is insipid and flows through you like a river.

I have no idea if you like Five Guys or not, D, you seem to be hiding your true feelings and I think you should articulate them better. ;)
    I should try to be more articulate.

I need to write gud.
  • AbbieBeckett
    AbbieBeckett Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    This thread has turned ridiculous. If you want to argue over McDonalds or whether or not your have willpower to resist eating all the fries or whether you think food with a high fat/salt whatever content is "bad" then create your own thread.
    Stop using someone's post who was just looking for a "well done" or "go you!", they're here to celebrate their PERSONAL achievement!
  • dbmata
    Options
    Abbie, the whole thread was ridiculous.

ermagerds, i can haz no self contrul.
  • Edwardshar
    Edwardshar Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'm lovin it!
  • mrsmalloryevers
    Options
    Dear OP,
    There are always going to be those on MFP that will say such and such food is bad for you. And there are going to be those that say no food is inherently bad for you and as long as you can fit it into your calories and your macros, go for it. I agree with the latter. But I also understand that you may have already planned your meals for the day and could not deviate and therefore had to resist the fast food glory. Or that you may want to cut back on calorie dense foods so that you can be filled with larger quantities of food that are less calorie dense such as salads and veggies and lean meats. Or for whatever personal reasons, medical reasons, etc you feel the need to refrain. And for that you obviously felt this was time for celebration of your restraint and that you wanted to share with others because shared joy is doubled joy. So congratulations to you on making the choice you saw fit for yourself! Some will agree with you. Some won't. But what matters is that you are happy with your choices!
    This thread has turned ridiculous. If you want to argue over McDonalds or whether or not your have willpower to resist eating all the fries or whether you think food with a high fat/salt whatever content is "bad" then create your own thread.
    Stop using someone's post who was just looking for a "well done" or "go you!", they're here to celebrate their PERSONAL achievement!

Thank you :) yes, all I was looking for was a shameless "well done"...
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Dear OP,
    There are always going to be those on MFP that will say such and such food is bad for you. And there are going to be those that say no food is inherently bad for you and as long as you can fit it into your calories and your macros, go for it. I agree with the latter. But I also understand that you may have already planned your meals for the day and could not deviate and therefore had to resist the fast food glory. Or that you may want to cut back on calorie dense foods so that you can be filled with larger quantities of food that are less calorie dense such as salads and veggies and lean meats. Or for whatever personal reasons, medical reasons, etc you feel the need to refrain. And for that you obviously felt this was time for celebration of your restraint and that you wanted to share with others because shared joy is doubled joy. So congratulations to you on making the choice you saw fit for yourself! Some will agree with you. Some won't. But what matters is that you are happy with your choices!

Thank you :) yes, all I was looking for was a shameless "well done"...

Hopefully you at least got a laugh out of it.

And well done. :flowerforyou:
    :wink:
  • dbmata
    Options
    "Validate me" threads always go this way.

It's hilarious and good fun.
  • Mamahana82
    Options
    Well, that was all fun to read.

As for the OP, good on ya for resisting temptation!
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    BinkyBonk wrote: »
    How did you resist the fries? The salty yummy fries?
    You must have super-hero willpower.

Since they stopped using beef tallow the fries are just bland to me but they might be better in the US than here. :neutral_face:

Yeah, their "healthier" fry oil (vegetable vs. the old beef tallow) = bland taste (IMO). I hardly get the fries anymore (just sort of too sad and disappointing now). Bonus: I have more calorie room to get two burgers by passing on the fries :D If you're going, I'll take one Jalapeno Double and one McChicken, Please. And a large Diet Coke, thank you ;)
  • dbmata
    Options
    I think I might have a big mac today.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options

Just do it! -- oh wait, that's another ad campaign.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    BinkyBonk wrote: »
    How did you resist the fries? The salty yummy fries?
    You must have super-hero willpower.

Since they stopped using beef tallow the fries are just bland to me but they might be better in the US than here. :neutral_face:

Yeah, their "healthier" fry oil (vegetable vs. the old beef tallow) = bland taste (IMO). I hardly get the fries anymore (just sort of too sad and disappointing now). Bonus: I have more calorie room to get two burgers by passing on the fries :D If you're going, I'll take one Jalapeno Double and one McChicken, Please. And a large Diet Coke, thank you ;)

Sounds good. I usually just get a hamburg extra pickles and no onions instead of the fries.
  • dbmata
    Options

I just had a double quarter pounder with cheese.

The fight is real.
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    aplcr0331 wrote: »
    Five Guys does not have a veggie/turkey burger.
    I'd also add it doesn't have a palatable burger of any type...

Great for a cleanse though, that stuff is like grease through a goose.

I don't like 5 Guys, either. I thought I was all alone.

No way, definitely not alone. It means you have working tastebuds. ;)

Oh, I think I love y'all. I always get shouted down when I say that. Ick.
  • mrsmalloryevers
    Options

The fight is real.

I even went to your diary to see if you logged it! :p
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options

The fight is real.

Now I want one!
  • AllAboutThatPace
    AllAboutThatPace Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    My son asked for a happy meal a few weeks back. It smelled soooo good (and I am normally not a fast food person). I wanted something sooo bad. But I didn't get anything. I was proud of myself. It's sooo hard. I walk around my job and there is a McDonald's a block away. I smell the fries.... :(
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!