AliceDark wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    0pnf5hzh48nk.jpeg
    Okay now I NEED this!

Yes, that's the pound version!
    They have a one-pound Snickers bar too.

Yeah, it inspired a guy on here to consume all of his calories in snickers bars one day.
    Santa brought my BF one in his stocking this year. It's gone -- I didn't ask. I wouldn't be surprised if he did the same thing.

Didn't he share? OMG if they come out with a peanut butter twix one, I'm SO DONE!!!!
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    0pnf5hzh48nk.jpeg
    Okay now I NEED this!

They have a one-pound Snickers bar too.

Oh, now I want that!
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    Run_Fit wrote: »
    Quest Bars are awesome!

On a side note: apparently we have Cinnamon Bun and you can't get it in the US. I used to love Quest bars but now they are just meh to me. :neutral_face:
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,574 Member
    Options
    Quest Bars are awesome!

On a side note: apparently we have Cinnamon Bun and you can't get it in the US. I used to love Quest bars but now they are just meh to me. :neutral_face:

We have it here.
  • WatchJoshLift
    WatchJoshLift Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Quest Bars are awesome!

I can get Cinnamon Bun, that was actually the first Quest Bar that I tried. Chocolate Brownie is my favorite!
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    Quest Bars are awesome!

We have it here.

I was lied to! :astonished:
  • WatchJoshLift
    WatchJoshLift Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I like the Snickers Marathon bars too. Those are real good.
  • tchell99
    tchell99 Posts: 434 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    0pnf5hzh48nk.jpeg
    Okay now I NEED this!

I am putting this on my Foods I Wish I Didn't Know About list. It will join Salted Caramel Cupcakes, Banana Nut Bread Brownies, and Blueberry Bourbon and Basil Doughnuts. :/

• dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Yowsa. How do you pooh?

Quest bars are high in fiber and have sugar-alcohols so actually that shouldn't be a problem.
    Quest bars are not a pooh-inducing thing from my experience.

They could be if you went over your fiber goal by a lot.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I'd eat 10 quest bars a day if they fit into my calories and I could afford them!! I'm addicted to the chocolate brownie ones, so yummy!!

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough here. The only flavor I didn't care for was the Double Chocolate Chunk.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    0pnf5hzh48nk.jpeg
    Okay now I NEED this!

Yeah, I need to find one of those, soon.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    All of my Nope.

Where do folks get this stuff?

Where?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    dunnodunno wrote: »
    Yowsa. How do you pooh?

Quest bars are high in fiber and have sugar-alcohols so actually that shouldn't be a problem.
    Quest bars are not a pooh-inducing thing from my experience.

They could be if you went over your fiber goal by a lot.

Only with vegetables for me. My actual point was: it doesn't seem sustainable. There are no fruits and vegetables in her diet. Really.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Meanwhile: OP you really should get more whole foods into your diet. Nutrient dense, whole foods.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I've lost quite a bit of weight. I'm holding steady right now because I've been lifting weight and gaining muscle.

I constantly fail at diets when I cut out foods that I like. I love protein bars and I enjoy eating sweets; I dislike most vegetables. So this works for me. The all natural, whole food diets just burn me out and I end up eating a ton of junk. Like cake and one-pound Reeces bars.

Sorry to tell you this, but you are not gaining muscle at a deficit.

I also looked at your diary, and it does look pretty unbalanced.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    I've lost quite a bit of weight. I'm holding steady right now because I've been lifting weight and gaining muscle.

I constantly fail at diets when I cut out foods that I like. I love protein bars and I enjoy eating sweets; I dislike most vegetables. So this works for me. The all natural, whole food diets just burn me out and I end up eating a ton of junk. Like cake and one-pound Reeces bars.

I like protein bars too...and if you look through my diary you'll see two a day once in awhile, so I can't judge. Though I'm eating more calories than you in general.

Glad you're losing weight, your diary looks a little sad. What vegetables do you like?

Also, what lifting program are you doing? If you want to gain muscle you need to eat more, though maintaining muscle mass is the goal while your on a deficit.

I like red and yellow peppers, yellow squash, romaine lettuce, butter lettuce, carrots (sometimes), and mushrooms. I love frozen bag mixes that come with butter sauce; I can eat peas, green beans, and broccoli when they come in those bags.

I just lift weights twice a week; I'm not really following a program. I mostly just want to be relatively toned; not super muscular.

Thank you for being supportive! :)

Oh you like LOTS of vegetables. I don't eat many more than that either. And dude...squash and zucchini. I eat it every night almost.

Asparagus, kale, and spinach are my binge veggies!

Well, not exactly binge, but I love them. :smiley:
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I have heard that eating too much protein can stall weight loss, even if you eat an appropriate amount of calories.

You are early. Carbs and sugar still stall weight loss. I don't think protein will until the 2020s.

More seriously, don't worry about it. There are reasons not to eat an insane amount of protein (120 grams isn't that high, it's what I eat, heh, although you might want more than 1200 calories), but calories are what matter for weight loss.
    Based on your posting history, I think this is tongue-in-check? :)
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    Quest Bars are awesome!

Fiber One high protein bars are too. I found some good ones from Trader Joes too.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I have heard that eating too much protein can stall weight loss, even if you eat an appropriate amount of calories.

You are early. Carbs and sugar still stall weight loss. I don't think protein will until the 2020s.

More seriously, don't worry about it. There are reasons not to eat an insane amount of protein (120 grams isn't that high, it's what I eat, heh, although you might want more than 1200 calories), but calories are what matter for weight loss.
    Based on your posting history, I think this is tongue-in-check? :)

Look at the context. Fat was horrible before, sugar/carbs are the devil now, protein will get its day, but not yet...

OP, I definitely couldn't eat that many bars, mostly because it would cost a fortune. If you need quick foods, look at some other snacks as well that you can eat on the go. Hell, even an apple is easy to carry around. I also batch cook on the weekend and freeze individual portions (although I don't know if you have access to refrigeration or a microwave during the day).

All that said, the actual answer to your question is no, protein won't stall your loss. And you won't get bulky because you lift, so I'd look into a structured program. There are tons out there, but I went with stonglifts 5x5 since it's a relatively simple program to run.