2/1--rest
    2/2--kickboxing
    2/3--1.43 miles & Zumba
    2/4--1.7 miles & Group Power
  • ErinCanRun
    ErinCanRun Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Finally got in my first run!

3.3 done on the treadmill. Actually felt pretty good, can't wait to get back on the road!

3.3/40
  • JustWant2Run
    JustWant2Run Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Feb 1--- 5 miles
    Feb 2--- Rest day
    Feb 3--- 7 miles
    Feb 4--- 6 miles

Total: 18/ 170 Goal
  • lauriegross1995
    Options
    Im in for 40 miles as i am a little late starting it. Just getting over a virus so my first run will be tomorrow (4th).
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    @LoneWolfRunner‌ - just realized you have a hula girl in the snow on your ticker! You really are dreaming of summer in those cold temps!
    @HonuNui‌ - I just love your pictures! Glad you got a day of rest after being Hostess to 30! That is a lot of work!!
    @Wendy1Fl‌ - Sent you a PM with some sites and info on HR zones and interval training
    @HealthyFocused715‌ - The video is great! I am going to bring it up on my iPad and give it a try! Also my original foam roller was feeling lonely so I bought a 2nd one (Trigger Point Grid roller) to keep it company. Now they are both dusty and hanging out together in the closet :bigsmile:
    @fabnine‌ - 24:41 in the cold and snow may not be a record but it is amazing!

Date.......Miles.......Total
    02/01.... 4.60....... 4.60 - Trail run with hill repeats
    02/02.... 5.75......10.35
    02/03.... 0.00......10.35 - Strength training
    02/04.... 6.00......16.35 - Sore from ^ so 6 miles easy

exercise.png
  • HealthyFocused715
    HealthyFocused715 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I foam rolled my upper back tonight! Has nothing to do with my running but felt great working out those computer/driving kinks! :D

2/1, 3 miles, treadmill
    2/2, 4.34 miles, treadmill
    2/3, XT - Zumba
    2/4, 3 miles, treadmill (&Zumba) - a little shorter than I had planned, hopefully I'll have more time tomorrow

10.34 total; 100 goal

exercise.png
  • gabbo34
    gabbo34 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    2/1 - 7.1
    2/4 - 3.6

exercise.png
  • dfnewcombe
    dfnewcombe Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Sorry I'm late… I'm in for 42 miles.
    2/2 3.38
    2/3 2.53
    2/4 1.03
    6.94 miles done- 35.06 to go! Good luck and strong legs to all!
  • tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    ddmom0811 wrote: »

Feb 1 - 27 mile bike ride.
    Feb 2 - 3 miles
    Feb 3 - strength training
    Feb 4 - 4 miles - trainer recommended using my foam roller on my IT band -- so I did it twice yesterday and this morning before and after run. Seems to help! Pain is much less and I was able to run 4 miles without pain. My foam roller was happy to get some action as it had been sitting on the piano bench, ignored for months (except for when my daughter was home from college). :wink:

exercise.png

Yeah for the foam roller!!! That's excellent to hear!! I have one somewhere too...a good reminder to find it and put it to good use!!

One other resource I thought of and wanted to share for those of you with tight muscles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDQNqZMv1V0

A Deep Release for the Hips, Hamstrings and Low Back with David Procyshyn . I call it Yoga for Runners and love it!

2/1, 3 miles, treadmill
    2/2, 4.34 miles, treadmill
    2/3, XT - Zumba

7.34 total; 100 goal

Will update ticker after tonight's run!
    This video is awesome! I need to get a block, but I could definitely feel the stretch in my hips. Thanks for sharing! I need to go back get other suggestions.
  • ashmarie8722
    ashmarie8722 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    c25k week 2 day 1
    exercise.png
  • chelyen
    chelyen Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I did 3.65 Monday,3.7 Tuesday. Today I could only manage a mile. This cold just appeared overnight. I feel tired and all groggy. Does one eat junk when sick, because that is what I did today. Feeling bad but will do better tomorrow.
  • cooter_mom
    cooter_mom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
  • monmonxiaolin
    Options

exercise.png

Feb 2 - 10.41 KM (6.47 miles)
    Feb 3 - 8.38 KM (5.21 miles)
    Feb 4 - 9.01 KM (5.60 miles)
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    In for 32 this month

exercise.png

• Ohhim
    Ohhim Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Done with my post-marathon recovery and back to work building up for my next marathon in May (and a half marathon in 2 weeks).

Setting a goal of 120 miles.

2/1 - 2 miles
    2/3 - 4 miles
    2/4 - 7 miles

Total: 13 miles
    Goal: 120 miles
    Remaining: 107 miles
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    @HealthyFocused715‌ The video looks great! Didn't have time to do it yet, but I will.

@skippygirlsmom‌ Hope you are getting better! I will ask my trainer about hip exercises as well.

Been doing the foam roller along IT band for the last 3 days and it is definitely helping. I feel no pain at the moment.

Woke up to run at 4:15 but it was pouring. Feel like a real wimp not running because of pouring rain, when many of you are running in subzero temps! Tomorrow is trainer after work but I will still run in the morning since I missed today. Working all day and teaching tonight till 10, so it's not like it's really a rest day.

Feb 1 - 27 mile bike ride.
    Feb 2 - 3 miles
    Feb 3 - strength training
    Feb 4 - 4 miles -
    Feb 5 - rest

exercise.png
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    DATE...................... MILES...............TOTAL
    2/3............................5.00.....................5.00 (4F, windchill -9F)
    2/4............................6.25...................11.25
    2/5............................7.00...................18.25 (9F, winchill -4F)

exercise.png
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Date Miles today. Miles for February

2/1 REST DAY
    2/2 6.2 miles - 6.2
    2/3 7.16 miles - 13.36
    2/4 REST DAY
    2/5 7 miles - 20.36

exercise.png

• jessupbrady
    jessupbrady Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Okay, 1st mile down. Drive home last night was 2 hours and 45 minutes. So, I called it a rest day. Today the temps are going to be around 10 (with the wind chill caused by 20 mph winds with gusts up to 35) so, it is also going to be a rest day. I'm hoping for clear days this weekend so I can add 5 miles to my progress. I guess we will see how that works out soon enough. Happy Friday Eve y'all!

Start: 2/3: 1 mile

exercise.png
  • jessupbrady
    jessupbrady Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I hurt a muscle in my shin that is driving me crazy, I have tried muscle cream and taking drugs; it doesn't want to go away. What kind of stretches do y'all do to help the muscles around your shin? I tried calf stretches but those are working the muscles around the back - i need the ones around the front. Only ones I know are "toe lifts" I was wondering if there was something else I could do?