Feb 3 & 4 - Rest
    Feb 5 - 3.1 miles (5k)
    Feb 6 & 7 - Rest
    Feb 8 - 3.1 miles (5k)

exercise.png
  • Lesleycali
    Lesleycali Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    here are a few pics from this morning's trail run…very foggy, with dew all about

temescal-fire.jpg[/URL]

purple.jpg[/URL]

yellow.jpg[/URL]
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options

exercise.png

• autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
    exercise.png

2/2 3.94 miles, 142 feet
    2/3 3.03 miles, 232 feet
    2/4 3.12 miles, 145 feet
    2/8 4.09 miles, 233 feet

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @Lesleycali‌ beautiful @Runningmischka‌ as far as I'm concerned post away, after all you are having the "monthly running challenge baby" :wink:

Over the past few months I think these threads have become more personal and not just miles in. miles left and I think that is what I like about it the most. I love reading about everyone's lives, and see the pictures along with hearing about your races, runs, your PRs, your everything.
  • JustWant2Run
    JustWant2Run Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Feb 1--- 5 miles
    Feb 2--- REST DAY
    Feb 3--- 7 miles
    Feb 4--- 6 miles
    Feb 5--- 6 miles
    Feb 6--- 6 miles
    Feb 7--- 14 miles
    Feb 8--- 5 miles

Total: 49
    Goal: 170
  • fabnine
    fabnine Posts: 379 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I agree with skippygirlsmom. I love hearing about everyone's days. You're my online running club; instead of chatting while we run we share after the run instead.

@Lesleycali - great photos! I haven't seen the ground or any green plant that's not an evergreen in so long. The pink flower looks like creeping phlox is the yellow one some type of primrose?

@runningmischka - keep the pics coming as long as your comfortable. A baby is one of life's greatest treasures.

@LoneWolfRunner - those 10 miles must have been hard won in all your snow, Fierce!

@autumnblade75 - 1/4 of the way through the month and almost 1/4 of the way through your elevation- you're really working to pull this off. I'm rooting for you- keep it up!

_Date___ Miles
    Feb 1 ___17.3 __long first run to start February off right
    Feb 2 ___ 3.5 __8°F another snowstorm
    Feb 3 ___ 5.2 __5°F
    Feb 4 ___ 3.1 __24:41 no where near a record but happy with it just the same.
    Feb 5 ___ 1.4 __streak high winds and snow
    Feb 6 ___ 3.1 __
    Feb 7 ___ 6.2 __ snowing again
    Feb 8 ___ 11.4 __12°F & more snow

Month total= 51.1miles __98.9remaining

exercise.png

Current Streak: 168days = 1072.0miles

• WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    I had to push out my Saturday run to today due to being really ill with a stomach bug Thursday night through Saturday. Was a lot better last night and woke up refreshed so I ran today instead. By pushing things out a day though I may not hit my original February goal, but I'm going to leave it as is since I will just be a few miles short.

There is good news though, I finally got to use my new Wahoo Tickr X! So I have some cadence data now, which I never had before. It's kind of funny though...now that I have it I have no idea what to do with it. :D

I did have one issue with the Tickr though (or the Wahoo Fitness app). When I stopped at the 4.2 mile mark to rehydrate it stopped my workout. So I only received data for that first 4.2 miles. I had no idea however because my phone kept ticking up the mile announcements as I passed them all the way up through the 9 mile mark. Once I was well past 10 miles I checked my phone to see why I had not heard anything and my phone screen did not come on, making me think my battery had died. Turns out my phone just got all sorts of hung up or something and I had to reset it by removing the battery. So I hope this thing gets easier to use as time goes on because that is 0/3 so far at recording a run.

2/3 - 4.1 mile (tempo run)
    2/5 - 4.02 miles (treadmill - icy roads)
    2/8 - 11 miles (long run)

exercise.png
  • newmom_2012
    newmom_2012 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    2/1 X-train
    2/2 Rest
    2/3 2 mile tempo run
    2/4 3 mile
    2/5 1.5 mile
    2/6 Rest
    2/7 X-train
    2/8 4.27 miles

exercise.png
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    grimmeanor wrote: »
    There is good news though, I finally got to use my new Wahoo Tickr X! So I have some cadence data now, which I never had before. It's kind of funny though...now that I have it I have no idea what to do with it. :D
    Sounds like me and the "recovery pulse feature" of the running watch I got in December. After each run, I look at the display to see what it'll be, but I don't really get anything useful out of that information...

On the cadence, I recently read this article: http://sciencebasedrunning.com/2011/07/the-basics-cadence/ . Aparently, increasing your cadence can reduce injury risks, or so a study claims. As a follow-up on that reading, I found that: http://running.competitor.com/2014/09/training/3-ways-to-increase-running-cadence-for-speed_112765 , where it also sais increasing your cadence can increase your speed (which actually doesn't sound all that surprising to me ;) ).
  • gabbo34
    gabbo34 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    grimmeanor wrote: »
    Sounds like me and the "recovery pulse feature" of the running watch I got in December. After each run, I look at the display to see what it'll be, but I don't really get anything useful out of that information...

On the cadence, I recently read this article: http://sciencebasedrunning.com/2011/07/the-basics-cadence/ . Aparently, increasing your cadence can reduce injury risks, or so a study claims. As a follow-up on that reading, I found that: http://running.competitor.com/2014/09/training/3-ways-to-increase-running-cadence-for-speed_112765 , where it also sais increasing your cadence can increase your speed (which actually doesn't sound all that surprising to me ;) ).

I recently took a Good Form Running class at a local running store. It's based on information on the GFR website. one of the things it talked about was cadence and the impact it has on mechanics and speed. It showed how most great runners run at 180 steps per minute. We watched a split screen video of someone running a 12 minute mile and 5 minute mile using the exact same cadence. They just had a bigger 'push off' when going faster. The idea is smaller steps promotes a better midfoot strike and landing underneath your body instead of out in front.

We did a lot of drills outside working on form, but always used a metronome. I ended up downloading an app that plays a beat behind my music. Still adjusting...easier on shorter runs, tougher to keep up on longer ones....
  • gabbo34
    gabbo34 Posts: 289 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    2/1 - 7.1
    2/4 - 3.6
    2/5 - 4.1 (a cold 29* over lunch when I ran. But the forecast this weekend is mid 70s!)
    2/6 - 3.8 (34* warmer than yesterday's run!)
    2/8 - 7.5

After a cold beginning to the week, the temps were up to a sunny 76* for my long run this afternoon. Warmer temps and maybe a few too many cocktails on the golf course yesterday afternoon and at home last night left me way more dehydrated than normal. I had to make a quick pit stop at the grocery store to use the water fountain 5 miles in.

But it was nice to run in shorts and a short sleeve shirt instead of layering up!

exercise.png
  • ThatOneNerdyChick
    ThatOneNerdyChick Posts: 24 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    exercise.png
    Feb.1 - 3.12 miles
    Feb.2 - 3.23 miles
    Feb.3 - 3.1 miles
    Feb.5 - 4.00 miles
    Feb.6 - 3.5 miles
    Feb.7 - Rest Day
    Feb.8 - 3.5 miles
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Added another 5 miles today
    [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wULHjSW/exercise.png [\img][/img]
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Okay did thAt wrong.

exercise.png

Am I the only one that struggles with this?
  • Beaches1960
    Beaches1960 Posts: 15 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wrT7JYj/exercise.png

No ticker picture.
    Just starting this challenge.
    Feb.7- 2.5 miles
    Feb.8- rest
  • Ohhim
    Ohhim Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Spent tonight's long run repenting for over-eating at a food & wine festival today. Luckily I kept my loops close to home.

2/1 - 2 miles
    2/3 - 4 miles
    2/4 - 7 miles
    2/5 - 4 miles
    2/7 - 7 miles
    2/8 - 14 miles

Total: 38 miles
    Goal: 120 miles
    Remaining: 82 miles
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    February Goal 75 miles

2/1: hostess to 30 people at my house for some big tv thing. I won't call it rest day!
    2/2: rest from being hostess to 30 people.....
    2/3: 3.61 run and 1 hour of snorkel in rough water
    2/4: snorkel 2 hours
    2/5: 6.17
    2/6 rest
    2/7 4.52
    2/8 3.35

Total: 17.65 miles

(Ticker is my goal for 2015 and accumulation to date)

exercise.png
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,407 Member
    Options
    Date.......Miles.......Total
    02/01.... 4.60....... 4.60 - Trail run with hill repeats
    02/02.... 5.75......10.35
    02/03.... 0.00......10.35 - Strength training
    02/04.... 6.00......16.35 - Sore from ^ so 6 miles easy
    02/05.... 3.92......20.27 - Intervals + Strength training
    02/06.... 9.14......29.41 - Long run for the week
    02/07.... 0.00......29.41 - Rest
    02/08.... 2.06......31.47 - Dog Beach!

Just a short run today with the pup being crazy at the dog beach! Such a beautiful day and so many people out on the beach and surfers taking advantage of the big waves!

@Lesleycali‌ - lovely pictures!
    @gabbo34‌ - glad it is warming up for you! I honestly find mid-70's too warm for running.
    @skippygirlsmom‌ and @fabnine‌ - I agree! While it is great to share accomplishments of mileage run/completed, I love seeing and hearing details of everyone's runs and pictures of where they run (or snorkel) as well as the sharing of information on running techniques, form and recovery! SO much great information!
  • Runningmischka
    Runningmischka Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
    2/1 = 6.5 miles
    2/3 = strength training
    2/4 = 6.5 miles
    2/5 = strength training
    2/6 = 6.5 miles
    2/7 = 5.5 miles
    2/9 = 6.5 miles

Happy Monday, everyone!

@pofoster21 It took me several attempts to master posting tickers and pics on these forums, you are not alone :#