February Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @johnsonnelly I do about 1 minute of dynamic stretching before I run, some frankensteins as I walk down the driveway things like that. Then a slower job up to the top of my street and around the corner (about 3 minutes). The PT told me the stretching (warmup) before running isn't nearly as important as after running. I foam roll my hammies and hips and do some light stretching after, not nearly enough though. After I run I walk my doggie a little bit to cool down. I try my best to cross train, I lift a few times a week, but that is mostly because my old lady skin doesn't snap back from losing weight :wink:

@elise4270 I hate when I order something and they send the wrong thing or the wrong size.

@stoshew71 you are killing the miles my friends, great consistent runs

@runningmischka great job reaching goal early! Little bit on board isn't slowing you down at all.

@suncluster Love the comment on the miles being all yours :agree:

@fabnine isn't it frustrating when something hurts one day and doesn't the next and then does again and you are left to figure out what is going on?

@tdbernrd what type of shoes did you get, how is the knee?

@slhysell you are really adding some great mileage, how are you feeling?

Everyone is doing great coming to the end of the month!
  • nulife9727
    Options
    exercise.png

2/4 - 3.5
    2/5 - 3.3
    2/6-2/8 sick days
    2/9 - 3.81
    2/10 - 3.60
    2/11 - 3.45
    2/12 - mowed lawn
    2/13 - 3.49
    2/14 - rest day
    2/15 - 3.49
    2/16 - 2.0 (rainy and cold)
    2/17 - rest day
    2/18 - 3.63
    2/19 - 3.60
    2/20 - 3.85
    2/21 - 3.6
    2/22-2/24 rest days
    2/25 - 3.81
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    1 - 5mi, race/pacing
    2 - Birthday, rest day
    3 - 8mi, fast finish
    4 - 10mi, easy
    5 - 9mi, 8x800m (Yasso 800s) at 6:40min/mi
    6 - 8.2mi, easy
    7 - 19.7mi, long/last 8 w/girl
    8 - Rest
    9 - 5mi, easy
    10 - 11.3mi, easy, doubles 8.3+3
    11 - 10mi, easy
    12 - 6mi, pyramid speed day
    13 - 9mi, easy, doubles 6+3
    14 - 6.3, 3.2mi, easy, + 5k race
    15 - Rest
    16 - 5mi, easy
    17 - 8mi, easy
    18 - 12mi, easy
    19 - 8mi, intervals (8x600M @6:00 pace, 200M rests)
    20 - 7mi, easy
    21 - 7mi, easy
    22 - 18mi, long/fast finish @MP
    23 - 5mi, easy
    24 - 8mi, easy
    25 - 11mi, easy w/fast finish

Feb Goal: 200mi

Total: 196.9mi
  • mmabry72
    mmabry72 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Nice Sonic Death Monkey. You could basically fall and roll around on the floor to complete your goal! Awesome!!!
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    mmabry72 wrote: »
    Nice Sonic Death Monkey. You could basically fall and roll around on the floor to complete your goal! Awesome!!!

Ha! I might need to be a little more aggressive next month. It's going to be a high month since my marathon taper kicks off on the 29th.

• cooter_mom
    cooter_mom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
  • RunTimer
    RunTimer Posts: 9,137 Member
    Options
    • Feb 5 - 5.30 mi
    • Feb 7 - 3.62 mi
    • Feb 11 - 4.61mi
    • Feb 18 -10.30mi
    • Feb 22 - 3.11 mi (race)
    • Feb 25 - 5.15 mi (headcold run..bleh)
    exercise.png
  • Lesleycali
    Lesleycali Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    2/1--- 10.1 miles, trail
    2/2--- 6 miles, trail
    2/3--- 5.2 miles, street
    2/4--- 5.8 miles, trail
    2/5--- Rest
    2/6--- 6.4 miles, trail
    2/7--- Rest
    2/8--- 13.5 miles, trail
    2/9--- 6.2 miles, trail
    2/10-- 6.1 miles, trail
    2/11-- 7.5 miles, trail
    2/12-- Rest
    2/13-- 7 miles, trail
    2/14-- Rest
    2/15-- 7.3 miles, trail
    2/16-- Rest
    2/17-- 1.5 miles, trail--with my 5 yr old <3
    2/18-- 9 miles, trail
    2/19-- Rest
    2/20-- 5 miles, trail
    2/21-- Rest
    2/22-- 4 miles trail, 6k race 3rd place AG!!!!
    2/23-- 5.25 miles, trail
    2/24-- 7.75 miles, (6 street, 1.75 trail with my 5 yr old)
    2/25-- 7.25 miles, trail

121 miles done/ 130 goal
  • Abakan
    Abakan Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Hi guy's I haven't checked in for about 2 weeks so it's take about an hour to read through all the posts. I love all the photo's it's great to see where other people run and the condition's they run in, I realize I have no right to moan about the weather we get here when I see some of the condition that others put up with.
    With only 3 day's to go until the end of the month I've covered 54 miles and have 16 miles to do. I think I'm going to fall short again this month because of a 4 day break with very painful tooth ache.
    I've booked myself a half marathon in May so I'm looking forward to starting the training tomorrow, it's given me something to focus my training on otherwise I lack the motivation to get out there and get the longer runs in.
    Awful to hear about the dog attacks, a friend of mine gave up running altogether after being attacked by a dog. Stay safe out there everyone.
    Congrat's to all who have made there February goal already.
  • tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options

@skippygirlsmom I got Saucony Triumph ISO. I saw them in Runner's World. I love shoes that have some cushioning in the sole. They felt heavy at first, but that may have been because I was used to wearing old shoes. They are a little bright, though. I get plenty of attention from young people. My knee is soooo much better. When I got home, I applied ice for 20 minutes and then followed it with heat. That did the trick. I have to stop taking the classes and running afterwards. I'm happy because I want to do a half marathon in October which means I need to start training and gradually building up.

2/1--rest
    2/2--kickboxing
    2/3--1.43 miles & Zumba
    2/4--1.7 miles & Group Power
    2/5--sick day
    2/6--sick day
    2/7--4.49 miles
    2/8--rest day
    2/9--1.92 miles & Group Power
    2/10-boot camp
    2/11-kickboxing
    2/12-Zumba & 1.7 miles
    2/13-MuscleWorx
    2/14-5.9 miles & Yoga
    2/15-rest day
    2/16-SL 5x5
    2/17- rest day
    2/18-3.59 miles treadmill
    2/19-3.64 miles treadmill
    2/20-rest day
    2/21-rest day
    2/22-rest day
    2/23-2.63 miles treadmill
    2/24-2.64 miles treadmill & 1 mile on elliptical(not included)
    2/25-2.78 miles treadmill(We have snow so I'm glad I got my 30 in. Woop Woop!)

exercise.png
  • italysharon
    italysharon Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    2/1: Superbowl Sunday! no run
    2/2: 6 miles on treadmill… struggled with this one but got it done
    2/3: 3 miles treadmill
    2/4: 3 miles… hopping between the ice on the road…and hills, ugh!
    2/5: 3 miles treadmill
    2/6: rest… full day of really resting…ahhhhh
    2/7: 3 mile treadmill… really wish I had time to go longer….
    2/8: 3 miles treadmill…. celebrated my twins birthday today 6y.o.! Fun but glad it is over!
    2/9: 6 miles treadmill… much better than expected, love that!
    2/10: 3 miles treadmill…snooze
    2/11: 3 miles treadmill…
    2/12: 3 miles treadmill … half way to goal now! yay! 2 days ahead of schedule!
    2/13: 3 miles treadmill
    2/14: no run… skiing!
    2/15: no run.. blizzard
    2/16: nothing
    2/17: 6 miles treadmill
    2/18: nothing
    2/19: 3.5 miles treadmill
    2/20: 4 miles treadmill
    2/21: no run… ski
    2/22: no run… ski
    2/23: 3 miles treadmill
    2/24: 3 miles treadmill
    2/25: 3 miles treadmill

This has been a real challenge for me. I am so sore!

Total miles in February: 61.5
    Miles to goal: 8.5
    Goal: 70 miles
    3 days to go!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    tdbernrd wrote: »

@skippygirlsmom I got Saucony Triumph ISO. I saw them in Runner's World. I love shoes that have some cushioning in the sole. They felt heavy at first, but that may have been because I was used to wearing old shoes. They are a little bright, though. I get plenty of attention from young people. My knee is soooo much better. When I got home, I applied ice for 20 minutes and then followed it with heat. That did the trick. I have to stop taking the classes and running afterwards. I'm happy because I want to do a half marathon in October which means I need to start training and gradually building up.

Glad you like them and that the knee is feeling better. I wore Sauconys for a while but switched to Brooks and love them. I do wear my Sauconys from time to time in gym, mine were bright too, bright yellow. The first time I wore them to run with my daughter's XC team the coach said "Skip glad to see your mom's feet made it" LOL
  • tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options

Glad you like them and that the knee is feeling better. I wore Sauconys for a while but switched to Brooks and love them. I do wear my Sauconys from time to time in gym, mine were bright too, bright yellow. The first time I wore them to run with my daughter's XC team the coach said "Skip glad to see your mom's feet made it" LOL

LOL! You just made my day!These are purple, pink, and green. I keep them in my bag until I get dressed at the gym. I got so many stares walking in them. Once I get outside, I'm sure I'll make somebody's satellite image. There needs to be a color selection for people who just like to blend in.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    New PR's! Fastest 10K (only) and furthest distance. 6.45 miles. Not fast, just done. ;)

It's kinda funny. Because I've been debating on weather or not back surgery was going to happen this year (lumbar fusion or double fusion) and today decided/realized that no strengthening or muscle imbalance correction was going to help my leg-foot pain, pins and numbness. So might as well free up that impinged nerve and move forward. I almost didn't run. Ya know, what's the point if I'm gonna be down months maybe even never be able to run again. Maybe I should just swim. Bribed myself with a car wash, Red Bull zero wild cherry, and gas station buffalo wings (I'm brave, yeah?). Anyhow, must have been perfectly timed since my run was stellar.

exercise.png

I still have 2 miles I'd like to re-do since it was walking circles in the house with ice out.

I love the super bright running shoes. Had a pair of Nikes that were red/orange, pink and chartreuse. Good shoe too and I'm not partial to nike.
  • cooter_mom
    cooter_mom Posts: 108 Member
    Options

BAHAHAHAHAHA!!! That's hilarious!!!!
  • dennie24
    dennie24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    2.5 miles yesterday and 3 today.
    exercise.png
  • gabbo34
    gabbo34 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Doesn't look like I'm going to make it this month. I'd forgot about the guys trip last weekend when I set my goal and missing that long run killed me. Then we had ice until today. I'm hoping to get out tomorrow...but am going to come up about 18 miles short of my 70 mile goal.

My first HM is the first weekend in April, so I need to get it back in gear so I'll be ready....
  • HealthyFocused715
    HealthyFocused715 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    fabnine wrote: »
    The LOCO Guy may consider snow shoeing an acceptable activity if you are on a running streak, but I only count my running miles. My hiking, cycling, & walking miles are all separate.

I'm with you...I was surprised when I read that!
  • HealthyFocused715
    HealthyFocused715 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom - I'm cheering you on!! So awesome to see you recovering and adding miles!

2/1, 3 miles, treadmill
    2/2, 4.34 miles, treadmill
    2/3, XT - Zumba
    2/4, 3 miles, treadmill (&Zumba)
    2/5, 4.34 miles, treadmill (&Zumba)
    2/9, 5.78 miles, treadmill (&Zumba)
    2/10, 3.5 miles, treadmill (&Zumba)
    2/11, 6.05 miles, treadmill (&Zumba)
    2/12, 3.0 miles, treadmill
    2/13, rest
    2/14, 10.4 miles, OUTSIDE!!!!!!!!
    2/15, rest
    2/16, 4.34 miles, treadmill (&Yoga for Runners)
    2/17, Zumba
    2/18-2/21, sick
    2/22, 2.25ish miles, snow shoeing!!!! (not counting as running miles)
    2/23, 4.34 miles, treadmill - pseudo Zombie run (I was watching Walking Dead!) ;)
    2/24, Zumba
    2/25, 3.5 miles, OUTSIDE!!!!!!!!!!! I wanted to go further but it was getting dark and it was icy. I was too afraid of falling and getting an injury so kept it short. But it was so nice to be outside. Hoping March will allow for a lot more outdoor runs!!

55.59 total; 100 goal
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, the joy of colorful running shoes... What ever happened to plain white running shoes (with a little dash of color on the sides)?

My main two pairs at the moment are "Brooks Pureflow 3" and "Saucony Guide 7".
    I already thought the Brooks were bad, but after replacing the neon-pink shoelaces with black ones and adding a camouflage layer of dirt, they are okay. Or I just got used to them... When I opened the Saucony box, I found out that not only did they make them as colorful as the Brooks, but in addition these are so shiny, I swear they almost glitter!

These are my shoes:
    btak7f89d83q.png

For my run today, I used an older (mostly white) pair of Sauconys, which are a little easier on the eyes ;)

1.2.2015 - 9.0 km
    4.2.2015 - 3.8 km
    6.2.2015 - 5.2 km
    7.2.2015 - 3.6 km
    8.2.2015 - 11.4 km
    11.2.2015 - 3.6 km
    13.2.2015 - 2.5 km
    15.2.2015- 12.3 km
    21.2.2015- 4.0 km
    22.2.2015- 6.0 km
    25.2.2015- 4.4 km
    65.9 km (of 100 km) done