Busy mom's fun at home fitness!

Options

Replies

• jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,807 Member
    Options
    I totally forgot that I have Just Dance for XBox.
  • jm216
    Options
    Bring on the snow....nothing like fresh air and cardio.❄️
  • jm216
    Options
    Walked the dog for 15 minutes in the snow...Roxie stopped for frequent snow-swimming breaks. Then shoveled the driveway for 15 minutes
  • jm216
    Options
    Snow is my favorite cardio....❄️
    Wave 2 of shoveling...25 minutes...gotta stay on top of it. I love Michigan in the winter!
  • jm216
    Options
    Wave 3 of shoveling snow lasted 40 minutes. I am awesomely exhausted!
  • jm216
    Options
    The scale was not kind this morning. Up 2 pounds... But I'm thinking of it as pure muscle from shoveling yesterday...and more today. Or it could be salty snacks from Super Bowl. Nah, it's muscle!
  • FunUsername
    FunUsername Posts: 51 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hi. Thanks for starting this thread.... brilliant.
    shanaet wrote: »
    .... been paying for 3 years and haven't been once

Love that you said. I have been paying since Nov and only been once :-) (*)
    ... I've just recently got a new TV too which has youtube built in to it, so it comes in handy for exercise vids on youtube once the kids have gone to bed :)

Genius idea. Thanks. Why didn't I think of this. :D
  • admarshall6
    Options
    Sounds like an excellent idea, dancing and cleaning. I have 2 boys 11yrs, and 5 months and I never have time after or before work to get to a gym. I take walks on my breaks but that's all I had been managing so far. Will see if the boys want to dance with me. :smile:
  • jm216
    Options
    Only 30 Days until Spring! We can do this!
  • jm216
    Options
    Got some doggie playing/ dancing in. Roxie only lasted about 5 minutes! Squeeze in some good music, and dance away the stress and calories. I feel great..and ready to face another snow day.
  • jm216
    Options
    I hit my 10000 steps... But ate too much Pizza Hut. Too much of a good thing. I did log all of it though. I have to be accountable of what I put in my mouth!
  • jm216
    Options
    I danced yesterday for 15 minutes...and felt so good afterwards... Today I'm down 1 pound.☀️
  • enochsig
    enochsig Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I do this!! I'm so happy I've found others who do the whole getting a work out in while you're blazing through the house. Haha love it!
  • jm216
    Options
    enochsig wrote: »
    I do this!! I'm so happy I've found others who do the whole getting a work out in while you're blazing through the house. Haha love it!

Welcome to the fun!
  • jm216
    Options
    Today it's -13 outside, so after I get the kids to school, it's time for a tropical dance party!
  • enochsig
    enochsig Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Cleaning the bathrooms and blaring the Mama Mia soundtrack is the plan today. It'll get me moving! :smile:
  • TaveraFamily
    TaveraFamily Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    www.benderfitness.com has free workout videos. She does all of them in her home. And www.doyogawithme.com has tons of free yoga videos at all different difficulty levels. I'm a mama of 5 and had to cancel my gym membership. It can be hard to motivate myself to do something at home especially with kids around.
  • jm216
    Options
    Love it Enochsig! My goal is to shampoo carpeting and a tornado tidy today. Have fun and turn up the music!
  • jm216
    Options
    Taverafamily, you're doing great! I hated going to the gym, and never went. I have so much more fun dancing and jogging in place at home. It's such a good mood boost, too. Love your ideas!
  • jm216
    Options
    Ok I crawled back in bed, because I was cold...but it's now only -5 outside. Time to get moving and groovin'!