Reese's peanut butter eggs

Options

Replies

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are all so mindful of keeping the perfect balance and demonstrate such accurate self control. You even give yourself the luxury of sarcasm and defensiveness. I'm sure you will never escalate again and ruin what you have worked so hard to achieve! I'm sure of that. Enjoy your sugar. It's only once in a while.
    Someone wants a Reeses. Bad.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Someone flagged my comment as "abuse". Really? I don't get it. I am curious about the extent to which individuals such as ourselves are clearly committed to healthy life-style choices and weight loss management and at the same time, focus so deeply on the very foods that can become problematic. I raise this and I either get ignored or pacified. But none has the courage to admit that there just might be a hint of an issue at some level. Who here is still not at their ideal goal? Any ideas why?
    Can we have a friendly discussion or am I going to get the worshipping yogurt response again?

Focus so deeply? Dude, it's a thread on a website with hundreds of other threads going on at the same time. This thread just happens to be about candy. Being that you're coming off as health guru of the universe, I find it highly amusing that you chose to focus deeply on this particular thread. Lol.
    No one is being defensive, you are just mad that you can't have a Reeses. It's called projecting. Wahhh.
  • 4bettermenow
    4bettermenow Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are all so mindful of keeping the perfect balance and demonstrate such accurate self control. You even give yourself the luxury of sarcasm and defensiveness. I'm sure you will never escalate again and ruin what you have worked so hard to achieve! I'm sure of that. Enjoy your sugar. It's only once in a while.

What exactly is your point in all this? I can handle buying and eating one this season. It is my favorite Easter treat. For me, that is the perfect balance. If you can't do it,then don't.

I am sure I will have more setbacks....that is life. But for you to assume that we are going to ruin ourselves and lifestyles because we are having a fun discussion about a treat is juvenile and unnecessary. If you don't agree, don't comment.
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I waited to respond to that because, frankly, I couldn't be sure of the tone. Now I see it was meant to be sarcastic and ugly (ironically calling us out for being sarcastic). Shelley, you ask for a friendly conversation but when you were engaged in one (at least with me), you accuse us of "pacifying" you. I think your comments are judgmental and attention-seeking. No one is judging you, although you seem to be baiting us to do so. If this conversation upsets you so, uncheck the little star in the top, right corner.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I hope I was not demonising chocolate or dampening the excitement surrounding our love for yummy snacks. I just think we devote a bit more time and focus to the "foods" which actually do contribute to obesity which tend to be a function of sugar and/or trans-fatty ingredients. I don't notice the same hype for the healthy stuff...at least not in my experience. Not trying to sound like a zealot. I just want to get this food-life balance right for the first time in over 5 decades and the snacky foods have been my achilles heel. Perhaps I am lone voice in the wilderness. Enjoy your eggs and chocolate and have some for me.

Nah, you'll find me in threads extolling the greatness of Greek yogurt and its amazing versatility to pump up our protein intake. Or using cauliflower as a thickening in soup instead of using a roux, and blending other veggies to increase the nutritional content in stews and chilis). Oh, and my intense love for all things legume/beans (mmm, they truly are the magical fruit!).

But alas, this thread is about our love of choc/PB eggs. And will honor and praise this perfect treat, and indulge (very modestly) in them for the short season in which they are available. And yes, balance is SO important. That's how most of us operate (I see a lot of that here in this thread)--we work our butts off to get our nutritious foods eaten within goal, so as to have a bit of room once in a while for this treat.

And this treat is perfect--we can buy SINGLES of them (that's important for me--I'm a former/recovered binger--NO bags of candy in my house plz), yet the singles still seem like an indulgent size.

Where can you get singles of them? Sounds like what I need, lol.

Walmart has a big "bin" of the singles (right in front of the checkout, hence my impulse purchase, lol. Walmart's so smart). I think they're 68 cents or so. Otherwise, my husband found the Reese's hearts in singles at a local C-store/gas station.

Yup, that's where I got mine. There were actually 4 bins: cadbury eggs (normal), cadbury caramel eggs, reeses eggs, and reeses white chocolate eggs.

Even as I'm bitching about cadbury changing, I had to get a caramel egg. They're awesome, although rather messy to eat...
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Last year I bought these Russell Stover Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough eggs at Giant. I hope they get them this year.
  • thecraftinista
    thecraftinista Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Raynne413 wrote: »
    You seriously need to try the Reese's spread. It tastes like melted Reese's that were blended. Mmmmm. . .

I had a friend bring me a jar from the US (they don't sell it in Canada) and I may have eaten half of it with a spoon. It's deadly.

• Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    dunnodunno wrote: »
    Last year I bought these Russell Stover Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough eggs at Giant. I hope they get them this year.

I SOOOOO did not need to know of the existence of these. I LOVE Cookie Dough!!!

• Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    You seriously need to try the Reese's spread. It tastes like melted Reese's that were blended. Mmmmm. . .

I had a friend bring me a jar from the US (they don't sell it in Canada) and I may have eaten half of it with a spoon. It's deadly.

Half? Heck, I ate it all with a spoon. It did not touch any other item. I mean, what could it possibly go on without diluting the wonderful taste? LOL

It wasn't all in one sitting though! It did take me about 2-3 weeks to get through it!

• shelleygold
    shelleygold Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Ok. I've climbed down off my high horse. I'm frustrated that I can't stop at one. My apologies to those of you I upset. I wish I had a more moderate approach to many things in life. I'm sorry
  • dunnodunno
    Options
    dunnodunno wrote: »

I SOOOOO did not need to know of the existence of these. I LOVE Cookie Dough!!!

They were really tasty! They were around 130-150 calories a piece.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    emily_stew wrote: »
    Someone flagged my comment as "abuse". Really? I don't get it. I am curious about the extent to which individuals such as ourselves are clearly committed to healthy life-style choices and weight loss management and at the same time, focus so deeply on the very foods that can become problematic. I raise this and I either get ignored or pacified. But none has the courage to admit that there just might be a hint of an issue at some level. Who here is still not at their ideal goal? Any ideas why?
    Can we have a friendly discussion or am I going to get the worshipping yogurt response again?

What is your point here? Just because we can talk about chocolatey treats doesn't mean we're sitting around cramming it into our faces while doing so. It doesn't mean we have some unhealthy fixation with it either. You would do well not to call into question or make assumptions about how successful/not successful others are...assuming is dangerous.
    If chocolate is a weakness for you or it bothers you to have people talking about it, that's understandable, in which case I politely suggest you remove yourself from this thread.

Well put!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    Someone wants a Reeses. Bad.

Me too!
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Damn thread caused to buy one. Okay I'm not mad or anything. I'm just saying.
  • dunnodunno
    Options
    I found the Russell Stover Cookie Dough Eggs at Giant! I also bought Wedding Cake & Brownie flavors. I might go back & buy some more.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options
    OMG I had reese's hearts yesterday (just in time for Valentine's Day)!
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    I raise you your egg, for my egg...

k0azld3bgfl7.jpg

I'm currently on the lookout for the reese's giant egg (6oz) here in the UK.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »

k0azld3bgfl7.jpg

Hey, you don't need 4, gimme 3!
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »

k0azld3bgfl7.jpg

I love how's there's just ONE spoon for 4 eggs. Obviously, that is a single serving package ;) Sigh...why don't they have cute chocolate things like this where I live? I'll just tell myself it's for my own "good".