Are there things you don't log?

Options
12346»

Replies

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Oh and I estimate on a lot of things. The creamer in my coffee I just guess. I may measure once to see about how much I'm using then guess the rest of the time. Such a small amount of cals anyway. I estimate on condiments as well. And salad dressing. It's worked for me.
  • kalamitykate83
    kalamitykate83 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I try and log everything ... it's surprising how milk in your tea, ketchup, salad dressings etc can all add up!
  • tanyabecka
    tanyabecka Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've only been on here seriously for about 7 weeks...but I have a tablespoon handy whenever I'm doing good prep/having snacks etc. Sauces and dressings can be FULL of extra added preservatives/sugars/not so good fats so it's important to include that. I find on MFP a lot of people are concentrating SO hard on their calorie count and although important, so are nutrients and getting the right proteins/fats/carbs. Please add me if you are serious about eating clean/gluten free/mostly dairy free and love healthy exercise and strength training!!!! :):)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Salt and pepper. I even log my vitamins because that's 25-30 calories right there.
  • cocates
    cocates Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Hi there!,

I don't log salt/pepper and spices. That's pretty much it. I log my diet sodas because there are micronutrients involved. Otherwise, I log everything else....especially powdered sugar free creamer, ketchup packets, and everything in between. Even a tomato slice has 5 calories. I've had days where that could take me 'over'. Does it matter in the grand scheme of things - no. But, I've found my 'happy place' with it.

Good luck!
  • alicaramik2
    alicaramik2 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I don't log the skim milk I put in coffee or tea or diet soda. I only have two or three sodas per week, so I don't worry about those. I also don't log exercise, so I figure that gives me some leeway in the counts. I also come in 100-300 calories short most days, so even if there are a few unlogged cals. it's not going to throw me off too badly.