SUPERBOWL - How Will You Get Through It?

Options

Replies

• aplcr0331
    aplcr0331 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    xiao-hao-chinese-4-year-old-fatty-boy-62kg-09-chicken-wing.jpg?resize=560%2C769
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I will do this:

h39wmfoc058f.jpg

Pray over my food, pray for my team to win and THEN EAT for 4 hours!
  • lexbubbles
    lexbubbles Posts: 465 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    My English self and all my Scottish friends will be watching at my house in the middle of the damn night (as always) which miiiiiiiiight curb food-related things but I doubt it.

I've been doing Dryathlon (no booze) for cancer research all January so trust me, I will be doing the super bowl this year with copious amounts of alcohol.

We all do Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and will be in the dojo come Monday for 2+ hours of beating each other up (*cough* sorry 'training'), so I'm 99% certain none of us actually care about one night ;)

Although I might go for a run on Sunday if the ground isn't too icy this week like it was last week.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    The same way I do every other year - mourn the fact that as a Chiefs fan I have yet to see them in a Superbowl in my lifetime, but hope for a really good football game to watch nonetheless. Except that I really don't like either team so I may be rooting for some sort of natural disaster to befall on the stadium, but my brother lives in Arizona, so that's probably not very nice of me...

My biggest challenge is that because I'm a huge football fan, we gave up on going to big superbowl parties because we wanted to be able to watch the game as much as the commercials and avoid all the chit chatty small talk that comes up during these type of parties from the casual or non-fans. I still want to have all the fun Superbowl foods though so I end up making wings, dips, etc just for my family...

• Ajaxlost
    Ajaxlost Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Turkey chili, fruit, veggies, and a few (or more)glasses of red wine. Go Hawks!
  • lfrazier2482
    lfrazier2482 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    The Seahawks in the Superbowl again? Party time!!! That said I am putting extra workouts in this week. The day of I will eat a light breakfast and lunch. If I overindulge during the game and don't see any progress on the scale that week I am ok with it. I will be right back on my program on Monday.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    It's disgusting... Call me a jerk but I take great pleasure in snacking on my healthy options while others scarf down endless amounts of fried wings, buffalo dip, pizza, chips, garbage! Ugh! I don't want nor do I crave that kind of stuff any longer. And the physical pain of eating it is not even worth a bite! I think about where I used to be... along side them eating and drinking excessive calories... and I think about how I used to feel. Fat, tired, bloated, run down, sore, low energy, little motivation. Then I think about how I feel now which is miles away from and a thousand times better. My friends are big into the Superbowl as well, I personally couldn't care less but... I go with the flow. For the last game we had friends over to my place and I told them to bring whatever snacks they liked. I made a big veggie platter with healthy dip and a big fruit bowl. I also made a healthy Paleo chili that they loved! I didn't touch anything they brought. This time we are going to their house. Again I plan to bring a bunch of healthy snacks. I actually don't go anywhere without my own healthy snacks and/or meals. Anyway, it's not really so much of a challenge for me any longer so this maybe didn't help much. BTW, I do live in New England so yeah... Go Pats (I guess). I'd rather be boxing :smiley:

How are you able to balance your high horse on that soap box?

• ccnclee
    ccnclee Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Lots of food! But mostly healthy. Will start the day with an 800+ calorie cardio workout to offset some of the guilty pleasure. GO PATS!
  • crystal8208
    crystal8208 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'm going to a conference in Nashville, TN. They are having the big game and a dance party! So snack a little and then sweat it off on the dance floor. Woohoo!
  • aplcr0331
    aplcr0331 Posts: 186 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    My high horse will trample the souls of most fatties. But, I'm thinking that my condescending attitude will fill me up for the most part. For pleasure I'll let all my friends know what kind of *kitten* they are for eating literally and in all actuality garabage. My disgust at their sloth will be my fuel through the game.

For dessert, however, I may just feast on the skittle like entrails of any small animals I find (and maybe lick some tree bark for fiber).

• ChristinaOrr65
    ChristinaOrr65 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    If you don't drink a lot of your calories that is definitely a plus. I am going to make the typical party foods that I and my friends/family like, but with healthy substitutions for some of the ingredients. Also, a lot of dish options can be baked instead of fried. There are a ton of healthier recipes out there that you can try, and your family will probably love them too. They may not even be able to tell it is a healthier option!
  • lfrazier2482
    lfrazier2482 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    kmorgan221 wrote: »
    Doesn't matter, I'm just here so I don't get fined.

Awesome!!! lol
  • Boobietrap1337
    Boobietrap1337 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Superbowl? What's the superbowl? :neutral_face: I'm not a football fan.
  • KBurkhardt08
    KBurkhardt08 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    By eating all the food! Superbowl comes once a year...enjoy it! I sure will. :smile:
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I'll work off the calories by swearing at the TV about cheaters and their cheaty-cheatin' ways.
  • VryIrishGirl76
    VryIrishGirl76 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    eating before I go and am bringing a healthy snack to share
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Beer, wings, Beer, pizza, Beer, nachos, Beer, Mary Browns Fried Chicken, Beer, Probably assorted chips, and nuts, Beer, Cheese, Crackers, Pepperoni, Beer, Sleep
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    aplcr0331 wrote: »
    My high horse will trample the soles of most fatties. But, I'm thinking that my condescending attitude will fill me up for the most part. For pleasure I'll let all my friends know what kind of *kitten* they are for eating literally and in all actuality garabage. My disgust at their sloth will be my fuel through the game.

For dessert, however, I may just feast on the skittle like entrails of any small animals I find (and maybe lick some tree bark for fiber).

samesies
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I'll only get through it if the Seahawks win. :smiley: