SUPERBOWL - How Will You Get Through It?

Options

Replies

• hdrenollet
    hdrenollet Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I plan on drinking all of my calories for SuperBowl Sunday, probably won't be eating too much. I don't really eat much when I'm drinking. Remember... hard liquor is better than beer if you're counting calories!
  • Khukhullatus
    Khukhullatus Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    adowe wrote: »
    Not everyone is here to lose weight

True, but the OP was asking about an excess of calories, not a problem if you are trying to add lbs.
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Just another day for me. I would just eat and enjoy.
  • Peanutmanak47
    Peanutmanak47 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Well I'm going to be walking almost all day Saturday. So for Sunday I'm going to borrow those extra calories and be a complete fat *kitten*. Chips, Dip, wings and whatever else goes down the hatch. Then comes Monday I'll be back to eating good.
  • hdrenollet
    hdrenollet Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »

Should we watch golf instead of football also?

It's a major part of what losing weight is about, finding healthy adjustments that you can live with. I'm sure people would say the same thing about going chicken instead of burger when they're out during the weekends, or grabbing skim milk for the coffee instead of half and half, but that's what got a lot of us into this mess, an unwillingness to compromise.

Well, when we're posting in Message Boards › General Diet and Weight Loss Help it kind of implies that we are...
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Same thing i do every year: pretend it doesn't exist as i hate football and sports in general.
  • Khukhullatus
    Khukhullatus Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    hdrenollet wrote: »

Well, when we're posting in Message Boards › General Diet and Weight Loss Help it kind of implies that we are...

:) haha, well done sir.
  • Gamer_2k4
    Gamer_2k4 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm going to pig out. Then on Monday, it's right back to the diet.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I'll be eating all of the yummies and enjoying good company.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    i will get through it: drunk
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I'll be drunk.
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I don't really have any big plans, so I imagine we'll have something we'd normally have? I could go for some wings though, I love love love wings. If I go over, oh well, if I don't that's helpful I guess.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    rowlandsw wrote: »
    Same thing i do every year: pretend it doesn't exist as i hate football and sports in general.

good thing you came into a "Super Bowl" thread to let us know.

• beachlover83
    beachlover83 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Long work out earlier in the day along with eating healthy for breakfast/lunch. Already started figuring out my calorie counts for the day. Also trying to be extra good in the days leading up to it.
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I will get through it by having 3 - 4 dark beers, a shot or two, about 5-6 buffalo wings, nachos and I will have whatever awesome food there is around. I will feel happy and awesome about the great food I just ate with my good friends. Pretty much I will be a healthy social human being.
  • aplcr0331
    aplcr0331 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    rjmudlax13 wrote: »
    Pretty much I will be a healthy social human being.

Boring! You should not watch the game because they're all cheaters and by watching the game you'll be a cheater too. Probably a fattie boom-battie cheater.

I mean really, who wants to hang out with family and friends when I can keep company with myself and utilize my superior sports hating intellect to judge all dumb people who watch sports.?

Next thing you know all those fat losers watching grown men play grab *kitten* will laugh and enjoy themselves. Can you believe the audacity of some of these fatties? Smiling and laughing with friends? What a bunch of simplistic maroons.

I'm gonna give myself a Kale enema, roll my pantlegs, and wash my Prius with an environementally safe locally sourced soap like substance while mocking beer drinking rednecks watching disgusting foosball.

• asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    hdrenollet wrote: »

It's a major part of what losing weight is about, finding healthy adjustments that you can live with. I'm sure people would say the same thing about going chicken instead of burger when they're out during the weekends, or grabbing skim milk for the coffee instead of half and half, but that's what got a lot of us into this mess, an unwillingness to compromise.

Since when Is General diet for weight loss only?
    You seem to miss the AND part
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options

Healthy adjustments is fine and dandy. You however swapped everything out for something else that is "healthy. Healthy could also mean not stuffing your face and eating in moderation. Or simply saying "You know what, it's one single day, I'm going to just enjoy the game and the food and that's it". I did that last option, while losing all the weight I needed to. With no issues. I'm pretty familiar with what in involved in weight loss.

You're a peach. He/she didn't say "I'm going to make brownies but make them with beans and cacao nibs" or "yeah, I'll eat a burger that's made out of quinoa and chia seeds." Swapping skim milk for whole milk or choosing a chicken sandwich over ground beef is hardly restriction. Get of your "I eat all the food whenever I want in moderation and if you don't eat all the types of food, you're wrong" high horse.

FWIW, I ALSO eat in moderation, pretty much anything I want, just like you.