SUPERBOWL - How Will You Get Through It?

Options

Replies

• Khukhullatus
    Khukhullatus Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    The universe took care of it for me. They have a cheater playing an egomaniac . . . this might be the first Super Bowl I miss as an adult.
  • SandyCoils
    SandyCoils Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I will wake up and prepare some crock-pot talapia. I am going to watch the beginning half from an elliptical at my gym. Then I will go home, finish the talapia, sit down, and watch the rest of it. Without junk food.

Well actually, I'll probably buy an oversized bag of doritos. I bought some two days ago for Sunday...but we ate them accidentally.

Tell me about this crock pot tilapia! Way more interesting than football!

I was curious about that as well.

• ccnclee
    ccnclee Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    ccnclee wrote: »
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    I'll work off the calories by swearing at the TV about cheaters and their cheaty-cheatin' ways.
    Don't forget to swear at both teams as having many players caught using PED's last year means the SeaChickens cheated...and at least theres evidence on that. Ha

How do you know that's not who I meant? DEFENSIVE MUCH? <g>

(I'm a Chargers fan so I'm used to hating both teams in the Big Game)
    :-)

• aplcr0331
    aplcr0331 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    The universe took care of it for me. They have a cheater playing an egomaniac . . . this might be the first Super Bowl I miss as an adult.

All coaches are egomaniacs. Plus, you think this is the first year that there was cheating in football?

You should have missed all of them if that is your concern.

Watch for the commercials and the fun party atmoshpere (family and friends) I'm not a football fan either, but you sound like one of the old guys from the Muppets.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options

Yeah but at least Belichick has the records to back his ego
  • kaylajane11
    kaylajane11 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    SandyCoils wrote: »
    BFDeal wrote: »
    2100 would be right below what goal for the day anyhow. Maybe I'll just wait to eat until it starts or eat a small breakfast/lunch in addition and break even for the day.

No, no, they're saying that just during the time of the Superbowl - not the rest of the day, but in those few hours people consume an average of 2100 cals!!!! I was mortified!

The (at least) 10 beers I plan to consume account for 1000 of those calories.

As others have said, I may put in an extra work out this week, and will probably eat as little as possible early in the day, but it's pretty much going to be a free for all come game time.
  • Khukhullatus
    Options
    Haha, I'm not sure the records back your ego if you're regularly caught cheating. Of course, there's constantly people butting up against the rules. I grew up watching the fearsome foursome, I'm used to that. What I'm not used to is A. it being quite so blatant, and B. there being no consequences for repeated violations by the same perpetrator.

My point was just that it'll be an easy Super Bowl for a lot of people not to get into. I know a fair number of people who are sort of begrudgingly watching it, or skipping it all together. Oh, and the commercials have been a joke for years, I don't know why that is still a trope.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    I'm going to eat lighter during the day, then eat what I want (within reason) during the game.

I might be up a little water weight, but I doubt I'll even negate my deficit for the week.

Go Pats!!
  • victoire713
    victoire713 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    What am I doing? I am going to my aunt's house(most likely) and stuffing my face! Since the Broncos aren't in it, I'm definitely for the Seahawks(my best friend up in Washington's team). Should be an interesting game. Not sure if I will be partaking in drinking alcohol, but if I do it will only be one. If not, then it will be straight iced tea and probably coffee, if it's made. I'm not even sure what's on the menu this time. I wish my mom was having it at her house(just because it'd be easier for me, and I could bring my computer and be online while watching the game and cursing at every move the other team makes). My aunt doesn't have internet at all, so bringing my computer wouldn't work. I mean, sure, I have games I can play on the computer without using the internet, but that game does require a cheat book for it, and that book is online. So now I will just have to suffer no internet until I get back(fortunately for me, I'm online until my streak on here goes up, then I head to bed). I know that even with all the yummy and calorie-high foods I will most likely be munching on for the Super Bowl, my exercise count total will help make up for it, so that I will still be under my calories.

With all that said, I'm not too worried. I know I will immediately get back on track regardless of how many total calories I consume on Sunday.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

Ditto this^
    Not watching 1 minute. Millionaire cheaters, billionaire owners, and the NFL that allows it to go on, and on, and on...............No honor among cheaters.
    It is a game. Cheating to get to the big game makes for a empty victory. Unearned IMHO

• dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I'm going to two different parties thrown by friends of my wife. Health nuts, so the food won't be a problem.

I may be the only guy there through.

I will tell my wife she owes me some "cardio" when we get home. See how that goes. Lol
  • Khukhullatus
    Options
    For those who aren't put off the game, you can go hummus and vegetables rather than chips and dip, mixer and diet coke instead of beer, and have the thin crust pizza without the totally insane toppings and do better than you'd think. Your calories will still probably take a pretty serious hit, but there are different degrees of "cheat days."
  • Khukhullatus
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »

Should we watch golf instead of football also?

It's a major part of what losing weight is about, finding healthy adjustments that you can live with. I'm sure people would say the same thing about going chicken instead of burger when they're out during the weekends, or grabbing skim milk for the coffee instead of half and half, but that's what got a lot of us into this mess, an unwillingness to compromise.
  • asdowe13
    Options
    For those who aren't put off the game, you can go hummus and vegetables rather than chips and dip, mixer and diet coke instead of beer, and have the thin crust pizza without the totally insane toppings and do better than you'd think. Your calories will still probably take a pretty serious hit, but there are different degrees of "cheat days."

I like my plan way better
  • Ellaskat
    Ellaskat Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    We always host the party and I'll be making snacks no one will realize are healthy;). I have low cal spicy sausage and mushroom pizza, turkey chili, etc etc....
  • Ftw37
    Ftw37 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I don't follow sports, so I'm not going to even watch the game. I don't think I could name either team playing.
  • asdowe13
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »

Should we watch golf instead of football also?

It's a major part of what losing weight is about, finding healthy adjustments that you can live with. I'm sure people would say the same thing about going chicken instead of burger when they're out during the weekends, or grabbing skim milk for the coffee instead of half and half, but that's what got a lot of us into this mess, an unwillingness to compromise.

Not everyone is here to lose weight
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    SandyCoils wrote: »
    BFDeal wrote: »
    2100 would be right below what goal for the day anyhow. Maybe I'll just wait to eat until it starts or eat a small breakfast/lunch in addition and break even for the day.

No, no, they're saying that just during the time of the Superbowl - not the rest of the day, but in those few hours people consume an average of 2100 cals!!!! I was mortified!

But if you think about it, it's kind of like a holiday...for many people, that will be the primary eating (drinking) for that day and 2100 calories isn't really a big deal. I maintain on 2800- 3000 so even if I eat around 3200 - 3500 calories for the day, it's only one day...it's not biggie in the grand scheme of things.

Really, for breakfast I'll probably have a bagel and some peanut butter before my ride and then do whatever for the actual game. My guess is that I'll not be particularly hungry for an actual dinner...so in reality, I might not even hit maintenance.
  • Will_Run_for_Food
    Will_Run_for_Food Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    A few days a year (Christmas, New Year's Eve, birthdays, Superbowl) of indulging won't kill ya. That said, if you're really wanting to stay on track, just get in a killer workout that morning and fill up on healthy foods before the snacking begins so you're less tempted. Stand up every once in a while. Don't sit near food you're going to keep picking at, unless it's the rare and elusive vegetable tray. Get in another killer workout the next day and you'll be back on track in no time.